Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

• "CitytheSurvivor" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jan 22nd 2017

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Sunday, January 22nd 2017, 2:58am

How high can a Tank/LAV/AA turret aim?

Is the LAV any different? What about the AA/attack boats? and maybe other vehicles like transports too lol

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Monday, April 10th 2017, 12:26am

Alright, since no one has responded to this thread yet, I'll share the results I got from extremely unscientific "testing" on the test range. From what it looks to me, the tank can aim ~30 degrees upward and the IFV can aim ~40 degrees upward. The AA and attack boats from my experience can aim up the full 90 degrees.

Labby

(6,358)

Date of registration
: Sep 26th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Monday, April 10th 2017, 2:59am

You can find this pretty easily in the data explorer.

Go to the vehicle you want to check, and open the vehicle blueprint, it's the file with just the vehicle name, no extras.

Here's the one for the T90: http://bfdata.juhala.io/#BF4_B_Legacy_Op…es/T90/T90.dice

Once you're there, ctrl+f and search for "childrotation" There will be one for each axis of each rotating part. Typically the one that has 0 for min and max rotation is turret yaw, which has no constraint, the other one will be turret pitch. Negative pitch is up most of the time, while positive is down (coordinate system...) just switch them. For the T90 we can find that the driver elevation range is -4 degrees to +20 degrees, and the gunner elevation range is -20 degrees to +55 degrees.

This won't work for BF1 vehicles, their aiming setup is completely different.
[Aetherblade Medium Boots]

JOIN THE TEAMSPEAK (L)EVOLUTION: teamsym.nitrado.net