Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Sep 7th 2016

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Wednesday, November 23rd 2016, 12:33am

What I meant is if that website tracks all "Battlefield" players rather than solely its users.

• "leptis" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 17th 2015

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Wednesday, November 23rd 2016, 12:42am

Does that website actually track all those stats automatically?

I think so. The graph was made with the stats of 337,100 players.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, November 23rd 2016, 12:45am

That does not sound like a lot when compared to the actual player population that number in the millions. For example, "Battlefield 3" sold more than 15 million copies in total and "Battlefield 4" sold more than 7 million copies in total. I have a feeling that those stats only compose of players dedicated enough to "Battlefield" games who use that website for tracking their performance, which means that it does not accurately represent the true player base.

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Wednesday, November 23rd 2016, 4:34am

That does not sound like a lot when compared to the actual player population that number in the millions. For example, "Battlefield 3" sold more than 15 million copies in total and "Battlefield 4" sold more than 7 million copies in total. I have a feeling that those stats only compose of players dedicated enough to "Battlefield" games who use that website for tracking their performance, which means that it does not accurately represent the true player base.

if i'm not wrong it actually updates information of only the names who have ever been input in it at least once,though that obviously doesn't need to be done by the actual users, iirc, sometimes people gets added automatically, but i may just be wrong.

300k people it's still a lot though.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, November 23rd 2016, 4:35am

That just makes the data be collected from a group of players more dedicated to "Battlefield" games. They potentially play much better than the general population.

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,210)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 16

Wednesday, November 23rd 2016, 8:45am

That just makes the data be collected from a group of players more dedicated to "Battlefield" games. They potentially play much better than the general population.

That's bit of a problem when you use BF#Stats indeed. You can query player stats for free but you need to request an API key and stuff to be able to update player stats upon query. I also had this problem back when I did this stuff, and also had bit of problem getting other than most recent players.

@leptis
Where did you fetch playernames for your stats btw? I would be interested to know if I missed some neat trick / page that happens to list all playernames in random order or so.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

elementofprgress

Wizard moderator

(3,544)

Date of registration
: Jun 28th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Wednesday, November 23rd 2016, 9:02am

That's bit of a problem when you use BF#Stats indeed. You can query player stats for free but you need to request an API key and stuff to be able to update player stats upon query. I also had this problem back when I did this stuff, and also had bit of problem getting other than most recent players. @leptis Where did you fetch playernames for your stats btw? I would be interested to know if I missed some neat trick / page that happens to list all playernames in random order or so.
Just request a key. I did. Reason for key. " curious maybe I'll do something with it eventually"

Symthic Forum Rules
Battlefield Data Browser
Come join us on teamspeak!!!
Symthic/Team Symthic Teamspeak: TeamSym.Nitrado.net

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, November 23rd 2016, 11:55am

@leptis
Where did you fetch playernames for your stats btw? I would be interested to know if I missed some neat trick / page that happens to list all playernames in random order or so.

BF4stats provides rankings per parameter (leaderboards). That is ordered by value. 337,000 players seems a sufficient sample.

I tried to extract the data by scraping, but since I am very bad for those things and I did not have the patience, in the end I did it with an expedient method.

I divided the total players listed by 20. And I registered order number (16,850th, 33,700th etc ...) and K / D. It is easy (a little boring) because as the number of players per page is fixed, it is known on which page the requested values are.

In total twenty pairs of values. You get an Order vs. K / d curve (it is S-shape type, cumulative frequency). Turning it into a K / D vs. Frequency curve is just a trivial numerical question.

In fact you are extracting 5%, 10%, 15%, etc percentiles.

The technique is good because it automatically filters out strange values (K / D = 1000 or so) but is not good for extreme value analysis , that in this case are really weird.

Now I know an easier way to do that with Googlesheet because it has a formula ("ImportHTTP" or something like that) that can extract specified pages. 10 or 20 extractions.

You call it brute force scraping (very "brute") :)

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "leptis" (Nov 23rd 2016, 1:10pm)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, November 23rd 2016, 2:41pm

@Miffyli

I could not resist the temptation

BF4STATS/Leaderboards. SKILL. Sample = 193,831 players. Class = 9,691 (5%). 20 classes.

Extracted with GOOGLE SHEET.

Syntax = = ImportHTML ( "http://bf4stats.com/leaderboards/pc_player_skill?start=9.690"; "table"; 1). One less than "class" and the value is the first in the table.

Less than 5% and more than 95% unreliable values.

Time to extract 7 minutes.

Time to make a fancy graph and upload to IGMUR... etc... 10 minutes.

For anyone who wants to have fun with the data ... or know their percentile.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "leptis" (Nov 23rd 2016, 2:53pm)

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,210)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 16

Wednesday, November 23rd 2016, 2:47pm

@leptis

Welp... I have done all this manually with all kinds of dirty (and superduper messy) Python codes, and meanwhile there exists functions like that. And even with all that code I only gathered sample of 40k players, albeit I gathered almost all variables there is just in I case I need them one day.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included