Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "CaptaPraelium" started this thread

Date of registration
: Sep 20th 2016

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Tuesday, September 20th 2016, 12:13pm

Mouse sensitivity help for a noob

Hi everyone :)

I hope you can help me. I've recently started gaming on PC, which is great and all but.... I can't get the mouse to behave the way I want. I'm not even sure if it's possible.

What I'm after, is to have the mouse sensitivity the same, no matter what. ADS, no ADS, ADS with 40x, ADS with iron sights, whatever, I want my 360degrees to be the same distance travelled by the mouse, no matter.

So, say I have a 32cm 360 in hipfire. I want 32cm 360 in ADS, too. Is this possible? If so, how?

Thanks for any help!

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,088)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 16

Tuesday, September 20th 2016, 1:35pm

There was some topics on this a while ago, and afaik the result is that it's not possibly to get it right for all scopes. Wouldn't it be super fast/sensitive with 40x anyways?

"Uniform soldier aiming" setting helps with most cases though by doing what you described (tries to keep "sensitivity" same with all scopes).
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

C0llis

Up and down. Bounce all around

(3,334)

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Tuesday, September 20th 2016, 1:49pm

It would be better to try to make it so that the same mouse movement always corresponds to the same amount of movement on the screen (in pixels or cm). Which is exactly what uniform soldier aiming tries to accomplish.

Rotating the same amount of degrees per distance moved with the mouse regardless of zoom level would be terrible. Either your hip sensitivity would have to be super low to make fine adjustments while sniping possible or vice versa.

Things people said

And reading Youtube comments still gives me Turbo Cancer.

It really is quite frustrating when Helen Keller sets up her LMG in the only doorway in/out of an area.

What kind of question is that? Since when is cheese ever a bad idea?

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2014

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Tuesday, September 20th 2016, 5:18pm

How about you tell us about your mouse ?

My PC is subpar for BF3, but I was able to play a little BFBC2 with it.

I never had such poor aim and recoil control ever. Both would be better with a Controller.

At some point I would say it has more to do with getting used to than the Sensitivity Settings and whatnot.

How much FPS do you even have? I encountered a difficulty spike for Aim/Recoil-control during FPS drops.
still playin' Motorstorm

marbleduck

Smoked Salmon Best Salmon

(1,510)

Date of registration
: Dec 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Tuesday, September 20th 2016, 5:41pm

Having the same mouse sensitivity for all zoom levels would be pointless. Hipfire might be fine, but anything above that would feel much faster. You want to enable Uniform Soldier Aiming (look under advanced gameplay settings). This makes all sensitivity proportional to zoom level (field of view).

If you're using a mouse that has acceleration, you may be having trouble as a result of that. Which mouse are you using? Also, ENSURE that mouse raw input is ENABLED in your control settings. This prevents Windows from applying any multiplicative fuckery to your sensitivity.

You can't go wrong with a Mionix or Zowie mouse. Logitech has some good offerings in the G303 and G403.

Note that there is no magic sensitivity. While some top players prefer very low sensitivity, I am one who has a very high 3200Dpi/5% in game. I believe Rela uses something similar. So, find a sensitivity that works for your desk surface area and practice, practice, practice.

Platoon Marble Duck

Hate Mail

"you obviously don't know what an argument is as there is only one person battling. Do you really fucking think I want subs? You think you can act all big and powerful just because you sit on a computer at least 6 hours a day like the probably nerdy unwanted retard you are with 4.3k subs? You think 4.3k subs is a lot? LOL you need medicine man. I don't want any subs as i just have a google account for other media and writing comments. Think twice before you act. You even said in your video you aren't that great of a player, and the comments agree you aren't. Maybe you should once again think twice before you act, stop being such an annoying, ignorant bastard that everyone wants to shut up, and god, literally, just shut up. Your voice gave me a headache :s"

"As a youtuber shouldn't be trying to be reeling in your viewers with exciting stuff being said not your boring ass commentary for your video"

"The more you watch his vid the dumber he gets I swear he's borderline autistic look I got shot behind cover beacuase thin sheets metal are unpenetrable. Bf4 is just as quiet and tactical as bf3 random explosion in the background . Player has dissconected from chat
You started playing bf3 and never touched bfc1/2. Please do yourself a favor and shutdown your generic cod channel down"

"Nice clickb8 Faggot w8ting for your shit tier video to disable comments . Fucking newfag cancer go play some cod you activisiom cock faggot"

"I don't see why he [MarbleDuck] always tries to shit on levelcap he is better and has a million more subs...and also "there isnt a best gun in she game there are guns that are better that others at different engagement distances" yes thats true and whichever is the best/most average at all of them is the "best gun""

"Marbleduck you don't know shit lol levelcap knows more than you do you cant talk about how someone puts up garbage when you do yourself your a newcomer to YouTube acting like you know shit step up in the food chain first then you have the right to talk otherwise your just a fish trying to compete with sharks"

"Why don't we just witness "LevelCap vs MarbleDuck" One on One both on Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4 seen as there is so much Controversy about the Two Youtubers"

"stfu cunt, BF3 was way better end of discussion"

"Stfu man, you're be littleing the most looked upon Battlefield Youtuber. No one cares about you, how much of an ego you have, or quite frankly your opinion. It's a fucking game.... Does it really fucking matter? Pathetic man."

"fuck you asshole, dont talk shit about total"

"Wtf is your problem? You have no subs and he has millions, yet you pick on him like some kind of stubborn, ignorant, rude child born with a silver spoon is his mouth. It's easy to do that, for example... You said there was no background noise yet there is. You say you're a fairly good player, you're not."

"please talk like a normal person and not like a professional"

• "CaptaPraelium" started this thread

Date of registration
: Sep 20th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Wednesday, September 21st 2016, 6:27pm

Thanks guys. I have a G502, raw input and USA are on, no acceleration or anything like that. I haven't been playing long enough to become attached to any specific sensitivity but am currently on 400DPI*15% in-game.

My issue is that I think of a target as being 'x' *angle* from centre, not 'x' distance. UsA works fantastically, for a constant ratio of mouse distance to screen distance, but I can't find a way to have a constant ratio of mouse distance to soldier rotation (regardless of zoom level). I understand the consequences of having such a scheme - that it will result in high sensitivity at high zoom... but I'm OK with that (I'd never actually use a 40x, that was probably a misleading example). I'd prefer it that way. It would help give the feeling that my mouse is moving the soldier.

Seems like I'm SOL, but at least I know that now, and can stop trying to make it do the impossible. Appreciate the advice! Now I need moar practice, practice, practice ;)

C0llis

Up and down. Bounce all around

(3,334)

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Wednesday, September 21st 2016, 8:52pm

Well, you could tweak the USA modifiers for the different zoom levels (from the top of my head this means that you would have to have higher coefficients for higher zoom levels).

Modifiers of 1 (100 %) give you the same amount of (screen) distance moved regardless of zoom levels, modifiers above 1 should give you more (screen) distance moved and you could use this to make higher zoom sights (lower FOV) move the same amount of _degrees_ as lower zoom sights.

This is of course assuming that my understanding of how the USA modifiers works is correct, and that large sight modifiers are allowed.

Things people said

And reading Youtube comments still gives me Turbo Cancer.

It really is quite frustrating when Helen Keller sets up her LMG in the only doorway in/out of an area.

What kind of question is that? Since when is cheese ever a bad idea?

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.