Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Hau_ruck" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Thursday, August 25th 2016, 5:01pm

New 1.23 Patch

Hi,
So I was under the impression BF4 wasn't getting any more updates but I just booted up my PS4 and it says I need a 2.8GB patch called 1.23. I can't find any patch notes on it anywhere. Anyone know what this is all about?

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,584)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 17

Thursday, August 25th 2016, 5:18pm

AFAIK there is one more patch coming, but my origin hasn't downloaded any patches (as far I am aware) in some time. Could be some PS4-only stuff or just PC side coming behind slow, or just my brain playing tricks on me.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, August 25th 2016, 5:25pm

AFAIK there is one more patch coming, but my origin hasn't downloaded any patches (as far I am aware) in some time. Could be some PS4-only stuff or just PC side coming behind slow, or just my brain playing tricks on me.

Yeah I was very surprised and somewhat annoyed as I have crappy Australian internet so 2.8 gigs takes ages. Here's hoping it's the long awaited (by me and no-one else) .50 cal buff :)

Date of registration
: Jun 5th 2015

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Thursday, August 25th 2016, 5:56pm

Yeah I was very surprised and somewhat annoyed as I have crappy Australian internet so 2.8 gigs takes ages. Here's hoping it's the long awaited (by me and no-one else) .50 cal buff :)

Haha, yeah they are weak af (especially as they don't have aim assist). They dish out ridiculous amounts of suppression though, helps a little when you know that.

Anyway, thisis what the patch is about apparently.

signature 2.2

Things I support
ammo regen pls

Quoted from "NoctyrneSAGA"

_____
When I play with it [Autoloading 8] I feel like I am batman taking out 1 after 1 baddie while they feel helpless and don't know who is talking out their mates.
Remove 3D spotting. Its a mechanic that rewards bad eyesight.
Wanna help your team by sneaking through enemy territory to provide spawns? THIS IS NOT TEAMWORK FGT I HOPE YOU RUN OUT OF MOTION BALLS TOO EARLY TO BE SUCCESSFUL
Wanna be Javelin squad but only have two guys? BETTER NOT GET YOUR SOFLAM KILLED FGT THIS IS NOT TEAMWORK WITHOUT A SUPPORT DUDE DROPPING AMMO ON YOU EVERY 2 MINUTES
Please post your best M1916 clips Magazines *fixed*.

DICE pls

Squadmate Healthbars in the HUD
Minor console QoL improvements
Ping Tool idea
"Wants to talk" tag for squad menu
Adding Suppression Confirmation
Spotting suggestions

Posts I should finish sometime:
Squad priority vehicle system (and anti stealing suggestion)
Scoring system flaws (and concept)
Various minor ideas
Battlefield definition
New helicopter
Suppression rework
Flow, immersion and fun in battlefield
Specializations, ideas and system rework
Gadget reworks and ideas
Why limited infinite ammo would be awesome
Other bitesize ideas

Thursday, August 25th 2016, 5:59pm

Hi,
So I was under the impression BF4 wasn't getting any more updates but I just booted up my PS4 and it says I need a 2.8GB patch called 1.23. I can't find any patch notes on it anywhere. Anyone know what this is all about?

They said no more *content* but they never said no more patches. It was a confusing distinction, a lot of people mixed it up. I know they're going to patch them for the battlelog server browser replacement...Maybe this is that? Sorry, now I read the link... bingo :)

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2014

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Thursday, August 25th 2016, 6:06pm

Dice LA camo bug fix, plz
still playin' Motorstorm

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, August 25th 2016, 6:17pm

Haha, yeah they are weak af (especially as they don't have aim assist). They dish out ridiculous amounts of suppression though, helps a little when you know that.

Anyway, thisis what the patch is about apparently.

Well, I do well with the .50 cals on MRAPs and Jeeps (still aiming for no. 1 in the world) but the stationary ones have no real purpose. so its just UI changes? Oh well, thanks for the info everyone :)

Date of registration
: Jun 6th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Thursday, August 25th 2016, 6:53pm

So this is for that unified Battlefield UI thingy or whatever?

Any quiet stat changes get pushed through at the same?

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, August 25th 2016, 7:00pm

Yay so DICE has decided to break something that wasn't broken. Now the Australian servers have been replaced with "oceania", some Orwellian server type consisting of zero servers, and Antarctica (I shit you not). so Now I have the privilege of joining out of region games with crappy connections, instead of anything actually playable.

elementofprgress

Wizard moderator

(3,544)

Date of registration
: Jun 28th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Thursday, August 25th 2016, 8:55pm

We don't have any way to really get into console files. As soon as something hits PC i'll update everything. For now document any changes you guys find here. If/when something comes to PC we can correlate everything

Symthic Forum Rules
Battlefield Data Browser
Come join us on teamspeak!!!
Symthic/Team Symthic Teamspeak: TeamSym.Nitrado.net