Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Iammeatt" started this thread

Date of registration
: Feb 18th 2013

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Friday, June 24th 2016, 2:58pm

Xbox one aiming sensitivity help?

OK looking for help in adjusting the sensitivity for Xbox one? I'm having trouble understanding all the options and what sensitivity I should be using with a controller?

Also what exactly is uniform soldier aiming?

Any tips or help would gladly be appreciated.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Friday, June 24th 2016, 4:35pm

I'll start with basics but this can turn into rocket science if you like.

You should use the sensitivity that feels best for you. The lower you go, the easier to control, but the less agility your character gets. So turn it as high as you can without sucking ;)

Leave all the extra options at defaults and just adjust the base sensitivity.

Uniform soldier aiming doesn't work right on consoles. Leave it off for now.

Let me know if you need to know more..

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, June 25th 2016, 11:46am

OK thanks, I'm just having trouble with the consistency in my aiming and tracking moving targets

Monday, June 27th 2016, 11:44am

One tip I was taught was to use your failures as an indication of how to alter your settings.

So let's say you aim at a guy and he runs off to the left.
You move your stick left to follow him, and you start to miss.

If you are missing in front of him, your sensitivity is too high
If you are missing behind him, too low

You can use the moving targets on the test range to give you a hint with this. Especially at the ends of the tracks when they turn around.

The problem I find with this approach, is that you have to be very consistent in your reactions. If you have an 'oh shit' moment, and panic, you might move the stick more suddenly, or further, or both, and it will seem as if things are more sensitive than they really are.... So remember to stay calm and consistent when you're trying it out.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, July 4th 2016, 8:01pm

It's either too fast or too slow, I'm also using an elite controller with kontrol freeks

Monday, July 4th 2016, 8:29pm

What's your sensitivity now?

How long have you had that sensitivity? Do you play often?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "KDNS" (Jul 4th 2016, 8:34pm)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, July 5th 2016, 5:42pm

50 percent with 70 percent zoom. I play a lot, 1300 hours play time.

Tuesday, July 26th 2016, 9:06pm

50 percent with 70 percent zoom. I play a lot, 1300 hours play time.

Sorry I missed your reply, I just stumbled over it now. TL;DR go 100%.

When you say "it's either too fast or too slow", that kinda says your sensitivity is too high (can't go too fast with too low sens, right?).... but 50/70 isn't really high, and you've got a ton of hours in it, so I'd suspect you can control it. Perhaps it's actually significantly too low, and you're 'fighting' it to get it to move far enough. I know that If I go below 80 (I'm normally on 100/100 with [email protected] aka HIGH sens) it's like dragging my soldier through glue. I throw the sticks around roughly and become inaccurate.

Honestly, with your kind of hours, my recommendation is simple: Crank it up to 100 until you get used to it. 100 is optimal for soldier movement speeds and you can bring your skill level up to make that theory a practical reality. It'll be a hard slog for a while but it will pay off.

You might like to consider ditching aim assist too, as it will actually hurt your muscle memory. That's a really really big fish though. You'll be surprised how strong it is....

On the topic of kontrol freeks. I've always used them until recently. What I noticed is, while they make the trade for more range of stick movement, so greater accuracy, they also have another drawback - acceleration. Obviously with the stick, say you need to move it to 80% of it's throw, you move it to all positions between 0% and 80% along the way. The greater the distance this throw is, the longer time you will spend passing from 0-79% before you reach the desired throw. Just as with PC and mouse, acceleration makes for bad muscle memory. You may want to consider taking those off, in order to help you become accustomed to the new settings faster.

As you can see, the whole shabang is really about setting the bar high and bringing your skill up to meet it. It's kinda like HBAR on weapons. Always better in theory, if you have the skill to control it. With your amount of gametime, I reckon you will have no problem getting to whatever level you want.... Still, sometimes it's just impractical to get your skill so high, so draw the line as you see fit.

I hope this helps some! GL! Let me know how you go, I've spent a LOT of time (too much TBH) toying with this so there's more stuff in my head if you need it.

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Tuesday, July 26th 2016, 9:10pm

i'm starting to get back to controllers and i'm also having problems... in the bf1 alpha i didn't have many problems: controller sensitivity to roughly 67% and... i think it was 85% zoom sensitivity along with U.S.A.(only with the controller, not the mouse having it on mouse fucked up aiming, and having it off on controller made it feel as sluggish as rainbow six siege controller aiming on pc), but in bf4 i can't seem to find the sweetspot, 65% sensitivity seems fine at first, but when aiming it is bad, especially as when aiming with ironsights(e.g. pistols) it feels slow, but when aiming with an X8 scopeit feels just that bit too fast.... i tried messing with the usa and singe zoom level sensitivities, but it didn't seem to do much.
so i'm now left stuck like this, where in bf1 i could play with a controller almost as good as with g502(at least when sniping) while in bf4 i feel like i can't control my aiming at all.

note:usa=uniform soldier aiming

@KDNS
i too was a "max sensitivty master race" once, but you see, unlike cod or other games, in battlefield having too high of a sensitivity can be detrimental, especially at long range, as there's a limit to how accurate a human's thumb and a controller can be, even just 1% of the total 100% speed is extremely high in battlefield, making some long range shots almost impossible even if you have no controller deadzone and the most accurate thumb movements in the world, however too low sensitivty brings obvious issues, the best is to get a sensitivity between 50 and 85%, higher or lower will make you either too slow or too inaccurate for human and hardware limits(note: this also applies to mices, although you can always get high dpi and low sens or low dpi and high sens, switching things up a bit and achieving always the best results with whatever 360-tocm number you feel most comfortable with after some settings fiddling)
this problem doesn't pply to cod where the max range is usually as high as op locker's max range, but in the largest cod maps.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "iota-09" (Jul 26th 2016, 9:21pm)

Tuesday, July 26th 2016, 10:28pm

65% sensitivity seems fine at first, but when aiming it is bad, especially as when aiming with ironsights(e.g. pistols) it feels slow, but when aiming with an X8 scopeit feels just that bit too fast.... i tried messing with the usa and singe zoom level sensitivities, but it didn't seem to do much.

That sounds like UsA coefficient is too high.

Quoted

having too high of a sensitivity can be detrimental, especially at long range, as there's a limit to how accurate a human's thumb and a controller can be

Don't forget timing of trigger pull, that has a massive effect too (which is why I use bumpers to fire, zero deadzone = better timing) With single shot weapons, the dragshot can be landed even if you can't stop the crosshair on his head, because you can pass the crosshair over his head and pull the trigger at the correct time when crosshair and hitbox meet
Also, vert grip and a small side strafe (thus keeping movement speed and penalty low) takes care of it with automatics/DMR (I have vert on everything because of this, and because of no aim assist meaning I hipfire in CQB like PC players do)

Slightly OT but... I'm speccing my first gaming PC and have the G502 as my mouse based on marbleduck's video and the two threads on here recommending a certain sensor, then reading up to find out the 502 has a supposedly improved version of that sensor.... Do you recommend it? I like the big size, shape, lots of buttons, and the tech seems right?

PS I'm kinda glad to hear UsA was wonky in the alpha. It never worked right in BF4, so I guess they're working on it!