Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Saturday, May 21st 2016, 12:19am

shooting while planting an m-com

You manage to do this (effectively)?

When I attempt it my aiming is very jerky due to moving the stick with the middle of my thumb, while the tip holds down the button arming the Mcom.

xbox controller isn't great for multitasking,(can't do that on pc, because i don't have a working ps controller)

how i did it on ps3 was holding whatever the m-com button was(circle?) with the right thumb, index on R1, left index on L1 and left thumb on R3
naturally i was a lot less accurate while doing so, but hey, at least i wasn't a sitting duck while planting and beccause of this, when playing aggressively i planted almost every bomb for my teams on bf3 ps3.

i also tried switching the thumb actions(so holding circle with left thumb and and aiming as i normally would), but before i could perfectionate it the ps3 broke.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Saturday, May 21st 2016, 1:52pm

i also tried switching the thumb actions(so holding circle with left thumb and and aiming as i normally would),.

That's how I do it. Rather than using my right thumb to hold X to arm, I use the left thumb, and then aiming is just normal.... Well, normal but panicking because I'm arming hahaha

Date of registration
: Jun 5th 2015

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Saturday, May 21st 2016, 2:37pm

I see.

i also tried switching the thumb actions(so holding circle with left thumb and and aiming as i normally would), but before i could perfectionate it the ps3 broke.

Going to try this from now on :thumbsup:

signature 2.2

Things I support
ammo regen pls

Quoted from "NoctyrneSAGA"

_____
When I play with it [Autoloading 8] I feel like I am batman taking out 1 after 1 baddie while they feel helpless and don't know who is talking out their mates.
Remove 3D spotting. Its a mechanic that rewards bad eyesight.
Wanna help your team by sneaking through enemy territory to provide spawns? THIS IS NOT TEAMWORK FGT I HOPE YOU RUN OUT OF MOTION BALLS TOO EARLY TO BE SUCCESSFUL
Wanna be Javelin squad but only have two guys? BETTER NOT GET YOUR SOFLAM KILLED FGT THIS IS NOT TEAMWORK WITHOUT A SUPPORT DUDE DROPPING AMMO ON YOU EVERY 2 MINUTES
Please post your best M1916 clips Magazines *fixed*.

DICE pls

Squadmate Healthbars in the HUD
Minor console QoL improvements
Ping Tool idea
"Wants to talk" tag for squad menu
Adding Suppression Confirmation
Spotting suggestions

Posts I should finish sometime:
Squad priority vehicle system (and anti stealing suggestion)
Scoring system flaws (and concept)
Battlefield definition
New helicopter idea
Suppression rework
Flow, immersion and fun in battlefield
Specializations: ideas and system rework
Gadget reworks and ideas
Why limited infinite ammo would be awesome
Other bitesize ideas

• "ARE5R06" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2014

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Saturday, May 21st 2016, 5:06pm

If you're not already on 100% sensitivity you're gonna get ruined in CQB by people who do. Crank it up and get used to it. Also turn off aim assist. It's not helping you aim, it's preventing you from ever learning how to aim. If you have any doubt of that, turn it off and run pistol only. You'll see.

Avoid the elite controller with it's broken thumbstick sensitivity.

Run veteran controls so right stick is crouch. B to crouch is for CoD.

You can do these shots on controller easy :)

100% Hip-Sensitivity is just crazy. I dont know what you're playing on, but thats far too much.

Then why turn Aim Assist off when it makes me on par with the other players? If I am not using it, I am gimping myself. On top of that, the awesome trickshots get even more difficult, because I need to adjust my Red-Dot and make the whole move obsolete.

@marbleduck

Did you post your video with the correct timestep for correct reference or do you want me to rewatch them? If its the latter then you havent understood what my problem is: Its basically, that jumping, crouching and aiming is all done with right thumb and all these actions have to be done simulatenously, but they are disadvantageously placed. Whilst on PC you can use 3 fingers for that.
still playin' Motorstorm

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ARE5R06" (May 21st 2016, 10:47pm)

marbleduck

Smoked Salmon Best Salmon

(1,514)

Date of registration
: Dec 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Saturday, May 21st 2016, 5:16pm

Did you post your video with the correct timestep for correct reference or do you want me to rewatch them?

Just for reference.

Platoon Marble Duck

Hate Mail

"you obviously don't know what an argument is as there is only one person battling. Do you really fucking think I want subs? You think you can act all big and powerful just because you sit on a computer at least 6 hours a day like the probably nerdy unwanted retard you are with 4.3k subs? You think 4.3k subs is a lot? LOL you need medicine man. I don't want any subs as i just have a google account for other media and writing comments. Think twice before you act. You even said in your video you aren't that great of a player, and the comments agree you aren't. Maybe you should once again think twice before you act, stop being such an annoying, ignorant bastard that everyone wants to shut up, and god, literally, just shut up. Your voice gave me a headache :s"

"As a youtuber shouldn't be trying to be reeling in your viewers with exciting stuff being said not your boring ass commentary for your video"

"The more you watch his vid the dumber he gets I swear he's borderline autistic look I got shot behind cover beacuase thin sheets metal are unpenetrable. Bf4 is just as quiet and tactical as bf3 random explosion in the background . Player has dissconected from chat
You started playing bf3 and never touched bfc1/2. Please do yourself a favor and shutdown your generic cod channel down"

"Nice clickb8 Faggot w8ting for your shit tier video to disable comments . Fucking newfag cancer go play some cod you activisiom cock faggot"

"I don't see why he [MarbleDuck] always tries to shit on levelcap he is better and has a million more subs...and also "there isnt a best gun in she game there are guns that are better that others at different engagement distances" yes thats true and whichever is the best/most average at all of them is the "best gun""

"Marbleduck you don't know shit lol levelcap knows more than you do you cant talk about how someone puts up garbage when you do yourself your a newcomer to YouTube acting like you know shit step up in the food chain first then you have the right to talk otherwise your just a fish trying to compete with sharks"

"Why don't we just witness "LevelCap vs MarbleDuck" One on One both on Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4 seen as there is so much Controversy about the Two Youtubers"

"stfu cunt, BF3 was way better end of discussion"

"Stfu man, you're be littleing the most looked upon Battlefield Youtuber. No one cares about you, how much of an ego you have, or quite frankly your opinion. It's a fucking game.... Does it really fucking matter? Pathetic man."

"fuck you asshole, dont talk shit about total"

"Wtf is your problem? You have no subs and he has millions, yet you pick on him like some kind of stubborn, ignorant, rude child born with a silver spoon is his mouth. It's easy to do that, for example... You said there was no background noise yet there is. You say you're a fairly good player, you're not."

"please talk like a normal person and not like a professional"

Sunday, May 22nd 2016, 4:23am

If you're not already on 100% sensitivity you're gonna get ruined in CQB by people who do. Crank it up and get used to it. Also turn off aim assist. It's not helping you aim, it's preventing you from ever learning how to aim. If you have any doubt of that, turn it off and run pistol only. You'll see.

Avoid the elite controller with it's broken thumbstick sensitivity.

Run veteran controls so right stick is crouch. B to crouch is for CoD.

You can do these shots on controller easy :)

100% Hip-Sensitivity is just crazy. I dont know what you're playing on, but thats far too much.

Nope, it's just right. You'll get used to it.

Quoted

Then why turn Aim Assist off when it makes me on par with the other players?

Because you without it can be even better than them with it, if you practice.

Quoted

If I am not using it, I am gimping myself.

That's what I thought originally. In time you realise that your ability to aim is a combination of your actual manual aiming, and the aim assist. If you turn off the assist, your manual aiming will get so good that you will be better than someone with normal aim and AA on. In other words, if you are using it, you're gimping yourself. Gimping your actual self, your hands.

Quoted

On top of that, the awesome trickshots get even more difficult, because I need to adjust my Red-Dot and make the whole move obsolete.

What? No. If anything I'd guess they're harder. Like the french jumping, you have to ads and not touch anything at that moment. If you have AA on, when you ADS, it'll automatically move your aim for you. I don't know if it's even possible with AA on?

Date of registration
: Aug 24th 2016

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Wednesday, August 24th 2016, 9:54am

Funny thing for a first post. But I've been reading Symthic forums for so long it feels familiar more than new to me.

Yes you can on consoles. The crouch can be remapped to clicking down the right thumbstick. I found it great as if I panic and press to hard I crouch or prone instead of swing a knife 10m in front of the enemy.

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Wednesday, August 24th 2016, 12:06pm

Funny thing for a first post. But I've been reading Symthic forums for so long it feels familiar more than new to me.

Yes you can on consoles. The crouch can be remapped to clicking down the right thumbstick. I found it great as if I panic and press to hard I crouch or prone instead of swing a knife 10m in front of the enemy.

or even better and as me and remap the crouch and spot(or whatever other one you want) key so that you can press it whiles still being able to aim and fire.
i have set crouch to R2 and spot to R3.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Wednesday, August 24th 2016, 11:07pm

Battlefield seems to have a long history of sub-optimal console controller layouts. I wonder if that will improve for BF1?

• "ARE5R06" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2014

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Thursday, August 25th 2016, 12:22pm

Battlefield seems to have a long history of sub-optimal console controller layouts. I wonder if that will improve for BF1?

BF4 Controller Layout is good. For Vehicles and a lot better for Soldiers than it was in BF3.

e.g. Jumping and turning Aim-Point. As long as these two actions have to be done by ONE thumb on ONE side. You cant do them simultaneously.

There was a discussion about passive-spotting.

If we dont need to press a button any more to spot, then finally there is a free button for jumping (with trigger-finger) and turning aim-point (thumb)

DICE just needs to let players set their own Buttons. As it is still on PC.

When I was playing on PS1 (1 !!!!) I had the option to set the buttons on my own. Idk why that's gone since PS2.
still playin' Motorstorm