Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

• "potetr" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jun 5th 2015

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Sunday, April 17th 2016, 7:39pm

The tri-beam laser is stronger than other lasers

I recently did some rudimentary testing with a friend using the FLIR scope confirming these old stats, but I did not record anything. Here is Maars_DICELA confirming it instead.

Here are stats:

Tri-beam vs other lasers (green too)
  • Fades out over 85m, instead of 80m (after this you are no longer blinded)
  • Completely opaque to 8.5m instead of 8m.
  • Fades to 10% opaqueness at 51m, instead of 48m.
  • The flare covers 60% of the screen vs the standard laserís 30%. This difference is not very noticeable.
So the tri-beam is always a little more blinding, covers more of your screen, and has 5m extra range.

I would say the minor advantage warrants using the tri-beam on night maps, as a single laser dot will stand out on objects anyway. I occasionally spot the dot of enemy lasers (of which the tri-beam's is much easier to see) on walls etc. It doesnít help that lasers sometimes shine through walls either. So I think Iíll stick to using the slick green laser on day maps to minimize the chance of that happening to me.

Will you switch up your laser of choice?

signature 2.1

Things I support
ammo regen pls

Quoted from "NoctyrneSAGA"

_____

When I play with it [Autoloading 8] I feel like I am batman taking out 1 after 1 baddie while they feel helpless and don't know who is talking out their mates.
Remove 3D spotting. Itís a mechanic that rewards bad eyesight.
Wanna help your team by sneaking through enemy territory to provide spawns? THIS IS NOT TEAMWORK FGT I HOPE YOU RUN OUT OF MOTION BALLS TOO EARLY TO BE SUCCESSFUL
Wanna be Javelin squad but only have two guys? BETTER NOT GET YOUR SOFLAM KILLED FGT THIS IS NOT TEAMWORK WITHOUT A SUPPORT DUDE DROPPING AMMO ON YOU EVERY 2 MINUTES
Please post your best M1916 clips Magazines *fixed*.

Cool/Useful Links

What Makes the Best Player?
David Sirlin on Intuition
Archive - Wait But Why - I recommend the posts on AI, and Neuralink, in that order. They are long, but very interesting. Just skim parts of them.

Symthic Databrowser
Battlefield 1 DeployTimes

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "potetr" (Apr 17th 2016, 9:35pm)

ViperFTW

Suidae cathexis

(2,737)

Date of registration
: Jul 1st 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Sunday, April 17th 2016, 7:54pm

HA! I read this and immediately thought of this-

Oh dear. Anyways! I still prefer the green laser. I find it's harder to see when switched on, so you get a delay of a couple of milliseconds from that alone. Plus it looks fucking massive :P

That said: The .44 Magnum looks tacticool as fuck with a tri-beam on it :D

Everybody's Favourite Worthless Support and LMG Fan! :thumbsup:

Song currently stuck in my head is: Somewhere Beyond Seas by Varathron!

Date of registration
: Dec 26th 2015

Reputation modifier: 3

Monday, April 18th 2016, 11:43am

From a scientific standpoint, the green laser should be the easiest for everybody to see, since it lies directly in the middle of the visible spectrum of light.
Coming from a slightly colorblind person, the green laser is the EASIEST for me to see (It isn't exactly green for me either, but hey, I can see it!)
I also have trouble seeing the red one at all. (It looks brown instead of red)

I use the tri-laser on handguns primarily myself. And I don't use the green at all. I'll run with a flashlight instead of a laser pointer on night maps usually. Just because I like to shoot all the lights out and sit in a pitch black corner and wait for anyone to come into my domain.... and BLAM SPOTLIGHT!
Oh and occasionally BLAM bullets.
I love the math behind the statistics
It's possible to find me online at almost any given time, due to the fact that my schedule is hectic and rather non-existent.

Who needs sleep anyways?
(PC/PS4 gamer)

Various bf4 spreadsheets: (nothing special, just raw data from the Symthic website put into a spreadsheet to analyze all values at once)

Spoiler Spoiler

General Weapon spreadsheet:
BF4_Weapons_enhanced_UPDATED_2016
Soldier Equipment:
BF4_Gadget_Damage
Interactive Damage Table
bf4_dmg_at_range - Google Sheets
Unsuppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Charts
bf4_sniper_guide
Suppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Charts
Suppressed bf4_sniper_guide
More user friendly Unsuppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Chart
Friendlier Sniper rifle Bullet Drop Chart
More user friendly Suppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Chart
Friendlier Suppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Chart

ViperFTW

Suidae cathexis

(2,737)

Date of registration
: Jul 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Monday, April 18th 2016, 7:45pm

From a scientific standpoint, the green laser should be the easiest for everybody to see, since it lies directly in the middle of the visible spectrum of light.

Realistically, yeah you've got a good point. I was talking more about it gets concealed more by the colours of terrain, walls, lighting, etc

Everybody's Favourite Worthless Support and LMG Fan! :thumbsup:

Song currently stuck in my head is: Somewhere Beyond Seas by Varathron!

Date of registration
: Mar 16th 2016

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Tuesday, April 19th 2016, 7:51pm

It depends on the map for me. I don't routinely run lasers except on more infantry-focused maps, so Golmud or Silk Road immediately mean no laser. For brighter environments I prefer the green,somewhere like Outbreak the green is much less likely to give away my position (I play HC) but is still visible enough for me to use it. On a darker interior map like Locker or Hangar 21 either color will effectively give away my position, there I'll go for a red laser as the lack of ambient light makes the red laser more blinding/disruptive to the optics of an opposing player. It's difficult to accurately aim a coyote dot when the optic is refracting red light across the entire lens. I've lost enough gun fights to have learned the viability of that tactic. Even though it's a double-edged sword of also giving away my position, being that I normally run an LMG without the advantage of aim assist snap that any AR/PDW/carbine user has against me I'll take any little thing I can get to buy me the extra split-second I might need to get fully on target. Believe me, I've definitely noticed a difference in the number of head-to-head shootouts I win with that laser in a dark building! Color aside, I do find the laser itself beneficial on my LMGs as the added hipfire accuracy is very noticeable. On some of them the laser is what makes the gun actually reliable enough to hip fire at all versus the ergo grip alone.
I have not experienced as dramatic an effect when putting a laser on a carbine in the situations I hip fire in, they seem to work pretty much with or without it at the range I disregard aiming (again being a HC player, not having the reticle usually means I only hip fire in extreme scenarios). The only exception to this I've found is the Groza-1 carbine, on very close maps like Lost Islands TDM (inside the aircraft carrier) I'll equip the laser and pretty much hip fire the entire time. That gun actually seems to become quite a bit more accurate in hip fire with the laser turned on, going from merely spray-and-pray to almost achieving ADS consistency inside of 30-40m or so, apart from that I prefer to ADS and not unnecessarily waste ammo spraying hip fire all over.

I've never fooled with the tri-beam beyond novelty or necessity, always seemed like an excessive amount of light to give away my position with no real benefit. I'll start running it instead of the other two and see how it compares for my purposes.
"We had defeated one disease after the next. Modern medicine had given us health and hope. A man's existence was no longer confined solely to his work, not that of women to childbearing. Science promised to deliver us heaven on earth, and we were happy to believe that. We had begun to live and our children were going to have it even better, this is something we were sure of.
............until the summer of 1914."
Are you ready for the trenches?

Date of registration
: Jun 29th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Monday, April 25th 2016, 11:21pm

I run it on pistols because it actually looks like a proper pistol attachment

light/laser combo I can't turn off

tac light I can't turn off

flash light.....ummm, wtf?

this was still some nice info I was always curious about though! ty

Date of registration
: Mar 16th 2016

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Friday, April 29th 2016, 9:35pm

After fooling with the tri-beam a bit, I found I don't like it as much as the single-beam red/green laser. The only use I did find for it is, due to HC mode not having hip fire crosshairs, on guns where I'm expecting to hip fire 50% or more of the time. That excludes secondaries though, as I found the triple dots made it slightly harder to accurately aim with a mini RDS. The tri-beam is now my preferred laser for PDWs and the Groza-1 carbine (FYI Groza-1 with laser is a diabolical hip fire machine on Locker and I almost feel more accurate hip firing than actually going ADS). Otherwise, I rarely run lasers and when I do I find the single-beams do not disfigure my reticle when ADS. The triple dots can really obstruct my aim or otherwise throw me off for a split second when I go ADS unless I constantly micromanage my laser (even more than I already do).

Good for the added visibility with a primarily hip fire gun, especially on HC where there are no crosshairs, otherwise the tri-beam is more nuisance than benefit for me.
"We had defeated one disease after the next. Modern medicine had given us health and hope. A man's existence was no longer confined solely to his work, not that of women to childbearing. Science promised to deliver us heaven on earth, and we were happy to believe that. We had begun to live and our children were going to have it even better, this is something we were sure of.
............until the summer of 1914."
Are you ready for the trenches?