Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "SquadSprint" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jan 11th 2015

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Thursday, March 24th 2016, 6:25am

Walk (not run) Speed & Movement Acceleration

I have been trying to find this data for Battlefield 4 but so far I haven't had any luck. I have found that the Running speed is about 4m/s, and the Sprinting speed is 1.5X this therefore about 6m/s. But what is the standing Walking speed? As in, when the soldier is moving at their minimum speed and not in their running animation.

Also, is their data on exactly how fast the soldier accelerates from a walk to run, and a run to sprint. Or is this simply instantaneous, because it feels that there is a delay. Here is a summary of my findings:

Soldier Walk Speed: ? m/s
Soldier Run Speed: 4m/s
Soldier Sprint Speed: 6m/s

Soldier Acceleration Walk-Run: ? s
Soldier Acceleration Run-Sprint: ? s

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,796)

Date of registration
: Dec 16th 2011

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Thursday, March 24th 2016, 9:47am

Run speed is the default, anything below that is just based on controller input. During tests with movement bound to my joystick I could move at like 0.05m/s (complete estimation, basically I could barely notice that I was moving)

Quoted

(14:06:57) Riesig: I should stop now. People might get sig material again

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, March 24th 2016, 10:48am

Really, doesn't Battlefield distinguish between walking and running speeds? For example when you strafe you are technically moving at walking speed aren't you, since the animation is that of walking sideways, as oppose to running sideways.

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 17

Thursday, March 24th 2016, 10:50am

Directions are just modifiers.
[Aristocrat's Shoes]
TLDR -
Teamwork is where players function by themselves, but their effectiveness is multiplied when they work together. Not a checklist of "did we bring a healer so we can start playing?"

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "yugas42" (Mar 24th 2016, 3:04pm)

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,796)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, March 24th 2016, 12:16pm

There isn't any "walk" key

iirc
forward = 100% (4m/s)
strafing = 75% (3m/s)
backwards = 50% (2m/s)

ADS is also just a modifier, 75% and 50% bullpup/normal

Quoted

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,619)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 17

Thursday, March 24th 2016, 1:52pm

Also, is their data on exactly how fast the soldier accelerates from a walk to run, and a run to sprint. Or is this simply instantaneous, because it feels that there is a delay.
There's a delay in the sense it uses acceleration to get to sprint speed etc. It doesn't last very long but still noticeable.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, March 24th 2016, 2:47pm

iirc
forward = 100% (4m/s)
strafing = 75% (3m/s)
backwards = 50% (2m/s)

Sure, what I meant was that I'm assuming the 4m/s is the speed when the thumbstick is tilted completely forward and thus at the max running speed. But when the thumbstick is only tilted a little the character is not moving at the 4m/s maximum yet, or at least it feels slower in my opinion. You mentioned that it was based on the controller input. So my question was, is there a minimum speed at which the character moves, or does the thumbstick tilt simply determine a value between 0-4m/s based on the amount the player has tilted the thumbstick? A little technical I know, but I'm curious.

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,796)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, March 24th 2016, 3:02pm

iirc
forward = 100% (4m/s)
strafing = 75% (3m/s)
backwards = 50% (2m/s)

Sure, what I meant was that I'm assuming the 4m/s is the speed when the thumbstick is tilted completely forward and thus at the max running speed. But when the thumbstick is only tilted a little the character is not moving at the 4m/s maximum yet, or at least it feels slower in my opinion. You mentioned that it was based on the controller input. So my question was, is there a minimum speed at which the character moves, or does the thumbstick tilt simply determine a value between 0-4m/s based on the amount the player has tilted the thumbstick? A little technical I know, but I'm curious.

Don't have any hard data but it's basically 0-4 (or 0.01-4 or whatnot) on a straight gradient unless you have any input acceleration (like mouse acceleration, the more you move the more you get which is just horrible).

Quoted

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, March 24th 2016, 4:28pm

Ok, thanks Aenonar