Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

This post by "Pizza247" (Friday, March 11th 2016, 4:49pm) has been deleted by user "Miffyli" (Friday, March 11th 2016, 5:41pm) with the following reason: dupe

• "Pizza247" started this thread

Date of registration
: Sep 5th 2015

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Friday, March 11th 2016, 4:51pm

Following the identifiers you get these

Full choke:
Pellet spread modifier 0.6
Moving ADS and moving/stationary HIP modifier 1.5 (stationary ads unaffected)
Vertical and horizontal recoil modifier 1.5

Modified choke:
Pellet spread multiplier 0.8
Moving ADS/HIP modifier 1.25 and stationary HIP 1.5
Vertical and horizontal recoil modifier 1.5

Duckbill:
Horizontal pellets spread modifier 1.5
Vertical pellets spread modifier 0.4
No change in gunsway (recoil or ADS/Hip spread)

Are the modifiers for the Duckbill and Chokes still the same as they are listed above, or have they since been changed by DICE?
The post was made in 2013, so I think its worth asking about.

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,883)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 17

Friday, March 11th 2016, 5:48pm

Are the modifiers for the Duckbill and Chokes still the same as they are listed above, or have they since been changed by DICE?
The post was made in 2013, so I think its worth asking about.

They have changed bit:

Mod Choke:
  • 0.875x dispersion
  • 1.25x movement penalty on spread during ADS

Full Choke:
  • 0.75x dispersion
  • 1.5x movement penalty on spread during ADS
  • 1.2x min HIP spread

Duckbill Choke:
  • 1.5x horizontal, 0.4x vertical dispersion
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • InterimAegis - Weapon comparisons/scoring.
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • pmax - Statistical analysis of BF4 players/games.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, March 11th 2016, 6:34pm

Did they take away the recoil modifiers though?

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,883)

Date of registration

Friday, March 11th 2016, 7:03pm

Did they take away the recoil modifiers though?

Yeah. For pump actions it has close to zero impact on accuracy, and with semi-autos it still can be compensated unless you use slugs, in which case you shouldn't be using chokes (except duckbill. Always use duckbill with slugs/frags because why not).
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, March 11th 2016, 10:39pm

Yeah, I figured the chokes wouldn't be good with Slugs, and lol @ Duckbill with Slugs.
The part where I'm confused though is when you pair Slugs with a Compensator or Muzzle Brake, especially with a Compensator. This is where I think Accuracy Plots should come in.

Date of registration
: Dec 26th 2015

Sunday, March 13th 2016, 10:26am

As an extensive user of shotgun slugs (because I can't hit things with buckshot - don't ask me why), I've thought about having an Accuracy Plot for this as well.
For the Saiga-12K, DBV-12, and the DAO-12, I occasionally use muzzle brakes with frag rounds and slugs, it depends on whether or not my game is good that night/day.
However, with the M1014 and QBS-09, I use compensators. For whatever reason, I find that it helps me just enough to where I can unload three slugs into someone at 30+ meters.

It'd be nice to see a plot that showed whether or not I was making a horrible mistake!

Side note, moving while emptying the QBS-09 and hip-firing without a laser pointer makes for some pretty wickedly inaccurate shooting.
I love the math behind the statistics
It's possible to find me online at almost any given time, due to the fact that my schedule is hectic and rather non-existent.

Who needs sleep anyways?
(PC/PS4 gamer)

Various bf4 spreadsheets: (nothing special, just raw data from the Symthic website put into a spreadsheet to analyze all values at once)

Spoiler Spoiler

General Weapon spreadsheet:
BF4_Weapons_enhanced_UPDATED_2016
Soldier Equipment:
BF4_Gadget_Damage
Interactive Damage Table
bf4_dmg_at_range - Google Sheets
Unsuppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Charts
bf4_sniper_guide
Suppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Charts
Suppressed bf4_sniper_guide
More user friendly Unsuppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Chart
Friendlier Sniper rifle Bullet Drop Chart
More user friendly Suppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Chart
Friendlier Suppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Chart

Date of registration
: Nov 12th 2015

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Tuesday, March 15th 2016, 11:20am

What I do not understand are the spread values for the chokes.

The hip penalty for the full choke, what exactly does it mean? Does it mean that the spread is applied to the entire cone of pellets or to each pellet itself?

I am especially interested in this because I get much better results from using flachette in combination with a modified choke instead of the full choke, especially on maps like pearl market where hip fire is obligatory.

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,883)

Date of registration

Tuesday, March 15th 2016, 11:33am

The hip penalty for the full choke, what exactly does it mean? Does it mean that the spread is applied to the entire cone of pellets or to each pellet itself?

Shotguns have two types of "spread":

Normal spread - When you fire a shwoi with any gun the game will first calculate "central point" that deviates from center aimpoint (ie. your crosshair) at most this angle. For shotguns this changes the middle point of the center of pellets. (This is uniform distribution)
Pellet dispersion - This is the unique part of shotguns (the circle crosshair). When you fire a shot your pellets will spread around central point of the shot at most this angle (also note that the focus is in middle, so being accurate with shotguns rewards).

So basically firing hip shots with full choke on might deviate the shot way off from target. Especially with pellet spread having focus in middle (not gaussian-normal, something sharper) this really reduces the damage output.

Date of registration
: Nov 12th 2015

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Tuesday, March 15th 2016, 11:48am

Ahh so actually the full choke increased spread penalties which are applied to the entire cone, which is thinner than modified, will make me miss more pellets. Especially on follow-up shots which are necessary to put down a target most of the time, with semi-autos at least.