Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

• "YOGSTRY" started this thread

Date of registration
: Feb 13th 2016

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Monday, March 7th 2016, 4:15am

XM-25 Peeking and Suppression Question

I noticed that the peek mechanic seems broken on the support's XM-25 launcher. I do not say nerfed because it seems to want to peek but not always and it "un-peeks" if I do get it to look over or around an object successfully.

Also what can anyone tell me about the stats of the suppression of the weapon, such as radius of effect and amount of suppression? Also as a side question, how long does a player's suppression meter stay at a given value before it starts to return to zero, and at what rate (such as percent of total per second)?

Finally I play on console and I would like to know if there is a button to reset the automatic detonation range without zooming out then back in. If I have to do this it is risky for me because that is more time that I am exposed and not firing.

I started using the XM-25 because I feel like suppression kicks in too late to be able to help me so I thought that I could get a few air bursts off then go to work while the enemy rando is discombobulated.

• "YOGSTRY" started this thread

Date of registration
: Feb 13th 2016

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Saturday, March 26th 2016, 6:50pm

Ok well now I see why no one cared to post. This thing is not very useful. But I will post what I found the other day in a rented test server.

As far as suppression amount goes: one blast puts you at about half suppressed if it is about two meters from your head. It took several to fully suppress me and since I was testing in hard core mode, I usually died while trying to get my test partner to fully suppress me. The radius is not that big, maybe 1.5 meters to be effective, then within that you will likely kill, not suppress.

As for how long it takes to be un-suppressed, I would say about three seconds.

Bottom line for XM25, I would not recommend it. Good idea but bad functionality.

I also tested with mortars. They seemed to do exactly 59 damage even with a direct hit, though I could swear I have gotten one hit kills in hard core mode. The blast radius is small and suppression is low if you ask me. Again, bottom line I would not recommend mortars.

Date of registration
: Dec 26th 2015

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 3

Sunday, March 27th 2016, 12:13pm

I believe Splash damage from a mortar is 75 from the point of impact, and I believe it does 56 damage to allies. A direct impact hit with the mortar projectile should do 100 damage to infantry.
I love the math behind the statistics
It's possible to find me online at almost any given time, due to the fact that my schedule is hectic and rather non-existent.

Who needs sleep anyways?
(PC/PS4 gamer)

Various bf4 spreadsheets: (nothing special, just raw data from the Symthic website put into a spreadsheet to analyze all values at once)

Spoiler Spoiler

General Weapon spreadsheet:
BF4_Weapons_enhanced_UPDATED_2016
Soldier Equipment:
BF4_Gadget_Damage
Interactive Damage Table
bf4_dmg_at_range - Google Sheets
Unsuppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Charts
bf4_sniper_guide
Suppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Charts
Suppressed bf4_sniper_guide
More user friendly Unsuppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Chart
Friendlier Sniper rifle Bullet Drop Chart
More user friendly Suppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Chart
Friendlier Suppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Chart

Monday, March 28th 2016, 7:51pm

This might be intentional, since the peek mechanic wouldn't really allow the weapon to operate correctly. The idea with the XM25, is that you should set the range of the target, by putting the hipfire crosshair on them, then you ADS, and that range +3m is the range at which the airburst projectiles will explode. It's not a grenade launcher that you shoot at someone, it's meant to shoot above, around, past them, and explode above and behind them. If you use the peek mechanic, you'll not thave the chance to set the range with hipfire. Kinda useless.

I've always wondered the rate of decrease for suppression myself. Sorry I can't help there.