Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "colossusofc1out" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jun 2nd 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Tuesday, January 12th 2016, 8:36am

Dealing with Cheating

Not that I need to really make myself clear, but I do not condone cheating in any way. Cheating is a terrible thing to do, and viewed in a severe manner based on *what* you’re cheating on. Cheating in a race against some friends when you were a child, cheating on a test, or cheating in someone you love. It’s truly the same thing and evokes the same type of mentality. However, I believe, that people can change and show progress to rid themselves of any inner turmoil they may face.

Recently, HELIX-Delusion has been brought to forefront of the conversation. Whether you believe the 2 year old PBB ban or the more recent, 10 month old, FF reset is the crux of the issue, the fact remains that they are on his record. There are various arguments, all good, for opposite sides of the matter. Team leaders were given the option to get with their teammembers and voice their concern over the matter. From the replies we received, the general consensus was that of NOT allowing Delusion to play.

So it has been decided to enforce a ban on Delusion for this season. He, like others, will have to undergo a 20 month probation period. This must be clearly traced with no PBB/FF/ACI hiccups. Documentation will be key for any player seeking readmittance into CCS.

My final thoughts on the matter is to treat people the same way you wish to be treated. Let someone’s actions speak for themselves. Time and opportunity will clearly reveal the state of someone’s mind. Treat each other on the forums, Battlelog, Twitch, and other places with proper respect. Let this situation go and move on. Do not dwell on this issue, as any cheater will be caught. As more times than not, cheaters could be who you least likely think they are. Do not let paranoia and anxiety prevent you from enjoying this community and this game.

-Colossus & CCS Staff

note: All players with previous PBB/ACI/FF offenses will be approached or have been approached about their state in CCS. Also, as Aaron Rodgers would say, "R - E - L - A - X ... relax."

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "colossusofc1out" (Jan 13th 2016, 12:07am)

Date of registration
: Jan 4th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Tuesday, January 12th 2016, 2:57pm

I think you may have found a reasonable compromise between some of the more conservative approaches and your liberal one. But I think you're still being too lax. I don't agree that cheaters deserve a second chance, but I guess this is a good opportunity for Delusion to show he's capable of owning it rather than basically attacking anyone who has documented his history of cheating -- and then hiding behind false pretenses of denying it outright. I really don't believe a leopard can change its spots.

As I will respect your wishes to avoid public debates on it, I would like clarification on the chosen length of the ban. Your wording suggests that he's to undergo a 20-month probationary period, and indicates that the ban is for one season. So clarification is important here for future references because this will come up again and I'm not too certain other teams will appreciate, nor participate in CCS in the future if the ban length doesn't set an important precedent.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "theHockey91" (Jan 12th 2016, 3:07pm)

Date of registration
: Nov 22nd 2015

Battlelog:

Tuesday, January 12th 2016, 10:45pm

Out of curiosity, will community thoughts on this ever play into effect? Will you send out another survey asking if the community want to play with known cheaters? As Colo said, this isn't just SYM's baby. It's the communities, right?

Date of registration
: Aug 8th 2015

Battlelog:

Tuesday, January 12th 2016, 11:43pm

]ESF[ will respect your wishes and drop this whole thing for now because Im sick of hearing about it. Let this season begin with positive thoughts and respect for the teams that are playing.

My final thoughts on the matter... LET THE BEST TEAM WIN, good luck boys.

with all respect, K.Snip

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "K.Snipper" (Jan 13th 2016, 1:14am)

marbleduck

Smoked Salmon Best Salmon

(1,514)

Date of registration
: Dec 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Tuesday, January 12th 2016, 11:59pm

You dont give a child malester 20 month to right his wrongs

To be fair, child molestation and cheating in an online game are, uh...

...disparate.

Platoon Marble Duck

Hate Mail

"you obviously don't know what an argument is as there is only one person battling. Do you really fucking think I want subs? You think you can act all big and powerful just because you sit on a computer at least 6 hours a day like the probably nerdy unwanted retard you are with 4.3k subs? You think 4.3k subs is a lot? LOL you need medicine man. I don't want any subs as i just have a google account for other media and writing comments. Think twice before you act. You even said in your video you aren't that great of a player, and the comments agree you aren't. Maybe you should once again think twice before you act, stop being such an annoying, ignorant bastard that everyone wants to shut up, and god, literally, just shut up. Your voice gave me a headache :s"

"As a youtuber shouldn't be trying to be reeling in your viewers with exciting stuff being said not your boring ass commentary for your video"

"The more you watch his vid the dumber he gets I swear he's borderline autistic look I got shot behind cover beacuase thin sheets metal are unpenetrable. Bf4 is just as quiet and tactical as bf3 random explosion in the background . Player has dissconected from chat
You started playing bf3 and never touched bfc1/2. Please do yourself a favor and shutdown your generic cod channel down"

"Nice clickb8 Faggot w8ting for your shit tier video to disable comments . Fucking newfag cancer go play some cod you activisiom cock faggot"

"I don't see why he [MarbleDuck] always tries to shit on levelcap he is better and has a million more subs...and also "there isnt a best gun in she game there are guns that are better that others at different engagement distances" yes thats true and whichever is the best/most average at all of them is the "best gun""

"Marbleduck you don't know shit lol levelcap knows more than you do you cant talk about how someone puts up garbage when you do yourself your a newcomer to YouTube acting like you know shit step up in the food chain first then you have the right to talk otherwise your just a fish trying to compete with sharks"

"Why don't we just witness "LevelCap vs MarbleDuck" One on One both on Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4 seen as there is so much Controversy about the Two Youtubers"

"stfu cunt, BF3 was way better end of discussion"

"Stfu man, you're be littleing the most looked upon Battlefield Youtuber. No one cares about you, how much of an ego you have, or quite frankly your opinion. It's a fucking game.... Does it really fucking matter? Pathetic man."

"fuck you asshole, dont talk shit about total"

"Wtf is your problem? You have no subs and he has millions, yet you pick on him like some kind of stubborn, ignorant, rude child born with a silver spoon is his mouth. It's easy to do that, for example... You said there was no background noise yet there is. You say you're a fairly good player, you're not."

"please talk like a normal person and not like a professional"

• "colossusofc1out" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jun 2nd 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Wednesday, January 13th 2016, 12:05am

First, community thoughts DID play into this Sight. Why do you think he has been banned, and not just have his previous restrictions implemented? I simply took a middle ground on both sides of this decision; which resulted from the feedback I received. Our 20-month correction period offers a very similar time frame for rehabilitation, similar to that for which ESL offers. This re-admittance of any cheater will be heavily scrutinized with confirmation of them performing fairly for that entire time frame. And, upon reintroduction to CCS, the same previous stipulations will be placed on ANY player with this type of pedigree (this means recording + webcam recording). These rules have not changed for ESL during the time that they were offering rewards for their cups/tourneys, this company thrives on their business model (which has a nearly identical policy to us now). On top of that, our "brother league" aka BCL , has essentially the same policy on cheating as well. This is an issue, that can NEVER be perfect for everyone, but something that we must move on from, and know that proper precautions will be taken in allowing someone to play in CCS that has known offenses.

Regardless, I do not wish to discuss this anymore. Please, let this specific issue rest.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "colossusofc1out" (Jan 13th 2016, 12:16am)

Date of registration
: Jan 4th 2016

Battlelog:

Wednesday, January 13th 2016, 2:18am

First, community thoughts DID play into this Sight. Why do you think he has been banned, and not just have his previous restrictions implemented? I simply took a middle ground on both sides of this decision; which resulted from the feedback I received. Our 20-month correction period offers a very similar time frame for rehabilitation, similar to that for which ESL offers. This re-admittance of any cheater will be heavily scrutinized with confirmation of them performing fairly for that entire time frame. And, upon reintroduction to CCS, the same previous stipulations will be placed on ANY player with this type of pedigree (this means recording + webcam recording). These rules have not changed for ESL during the time that they were offering rewards for their cups/tourneys, this company thrives on their business model (which has a nearly identical policy to us now). On top of that, our "brother league" aka BCL , has essentially the same policy on cheating as well. This is an issue, that can NEVER be perfect for everyone, but something that we must move on from, and know that proper precautions will be taken in allowing someone to play in CCS that has known offenses.

Regardless, I do not wish to discuss this anymore. Please, let this specific issue rest.
Just one question. Out of the hundreds of cheaters who have been caught cheating during a competitive match / scrim, or caught in pubs, how many of them did so through multiple accounts, over the period of a year, and only stopped when they got caught?

elementofprgress

Wizard moderator

(3,544)

Date of registration
: Jun 28th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Wednesday, January 13th 2016, 6:19am

Out of curiosity, will community thoughts on this ever play into effect? Will you send out another survey asking if the community want to play with known cheaters? As Colo said, this isn't just SYM's baby. It's the communities, right?

Symthic Forum Rules
Battlefield Data Browser
Come join us on teamspeak!!!
Symthic/Team Symthic Teamspeak: TeamSym.Nitrado.net