Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "colossusofc1out" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jun 2nd 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Thursday, January 21st 2016, 11:19pm

Leading a Team

This is somewhat a copy pasta update from last season on, "How to organize/run a team". I think this stuff is all important, and can help any team no matter what Tier you're on. Feel free to add more helpful tips and stuff on this, or something you'd like to share on running a team.

/mostlycopypastafromhere
Well, there are not too many tricks. But here are some things that I have laid out that I think Leaders should do during the next 2 weeks, and how to manage your team during the season.

Pre-Season Tips to consider
Couple of things that I think all team leaders need to consider before embarking on this season. These are some things that Symthic has used to be successful in communication and organization, and I want to share this with you guys to help you and your team to be successful. Some of these things may seem obvious, but I’m still going to post it, just to be slightly thorough.

Couple of things we use for communication:
  • Voice Communication for your team
    • Teamspeak
      • Symthic’s Teamspeak can be used if you need some help at any point. It’s a public teamspeak, but we can designate a private area for you and your team if you need a TS.
    • Mumble
    • Skype (not recommended)
  • Calendar
    • Google Calendar
      • Sync emails, so that people can get notifications in a easy way regarding Scrim schedules and Match schedules
    • Google Spreadsheets
      • This is what SYM used to use, we just link a shareable spreadsheet that tells our team the following (we now just use GROUP ME Calendar):
aside: Regarding Calendars, for the most part, you’re going to figure out a time that works best for your team, and everyone is going to know to try and be on around that time. For Symthic, our guys know that the “scrim prime time” is from 8-10 EDT Mon-Thurs. Regardless, it’s great to try and schedule scrims ~3-7 days ahead of time. And then, put that on a schedule so you prevent yourself from double booking scrims with other teams.

• (off)line communication
    • GroupMe
      • Very very nice, and convenient to check throughout the day
    • IRC
      • We use IRC, and it’s helpful for short discussions that we may have regarding strategies, or anything in general.
    • Facebook and other Social Media sites
      • a bit cheesy, but not a bad way to communicate either
  • Server
    • Get a server with at least 23 slots ((21 + 2 spectators)...though you could live with 20+2)
    • We also have 2 Nitrado servers (Nitrado is AWESOME!) for WEST and EAST Coast. Just let us know if you want to use it for a scrim or match!
      • Therefore it’s better to provide your own in some way (Through Nitrado, or someone else)
    • IF you use your own server
      • Always check and double check your config settings. Match them up from what is used on the website. It’s also helpful to make a folder with .txt docs with the settings you may use (for x5 or x10 ESL x10 CCS etc…)

Mid-Season Tips to consider

1. Get Team Leaders for each team that you wish to get scrims with.
  2. Always add the team leader that you have a match with, to communicate outside of the forums
  3. Make a google doc / sheet with roster details, such as this or this
  4. Check the forum match comm page at least once a day.
  5. Try and arrange scrims at least 3-5 days in advance. This obviously isn't mandatory; and really just depends on the amount of time you want to put into this; as well as what Tier you're in :)
    1. I usually try and schedule scrims beginning ~Thurs/Fri of a week, and have Mon-Thurs booked.
  6. Restart your server at least once before a match or scrimmage.
    1. Double check your settings
    2. Double check your settings
    3. Double check your settings
    4. Double check your settings
  7. STRATEGIES
    1. One of the most fun parts of competitive; and it’s about getting creative and inventive (if possible)
    2. Strats typically are best created through google docs (EX: Zavod & Shanghai)
      1. You can do something like this. We call these our “simple strats”. You can also get WAY more detailed and creative. Do it at your own discretion and time availability.
        1. tacnet.io is really good too; as it can provide a good visual of the maps (it has most vanilla maps as well as the option to upload maps). This is help for pre-round discussions.
        2. However, having something visually available for your team, so they can see what they need to do is SUPER important. So I recommend having a DOC or SPREADSHEET with a lineup and details on each individual needs to do.
    3. HAVE FUN
      1. Honestly, this is the most important thing to remember. It’s so easy to get caught up in the competition. But...I mean dad gum…have some fun. None of us are “professional” gamers. We’re doing this for fun, and just remember that.

marbleduck

Smoked Salmon Best Salmon

(1,514)

Date of registration
: Dec 25th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Friday, January 22nd 2016, 4:04am

Platoon Marble Duck

Hate Mail

"you obviously don't know what an argument is as there is only one person battling. Do you really fucking think I want subs? You think you can act all big and powerful just because you sit on a computer at least 6 hours a day like the probably nerdy unwanted retard you are with 4.3k subs? You think 4.3k subs is a lot? LOL you need medicine man. I don't want any subs as i just have a google account for other media and writing comments. Think twice before you act. You even said in your video you aren't that great of a player, and the comments agree you aren't. Maybe you should once again think twice before you act, stop being such an annoying, ignorant bastard that everyone wants to shut up, and god, literally, just shut up. Your voice gave me a headache :s"

"As a youtuber shouldn't be trying to be reeling in your viewers with exciting stuff being said not your boring ass commentary for your video"

"The more you watch his vid the dumber he gets I swear he's borderline autistic look I got shot behind cover beacuase thin sheets metal are unpenetrable. Bf4 is just as quiet and tactical as bf3 random explosion in the background . Player has dissconected from chat
You started playing bf3 and never touched bfc1/2. Please do yourself a favor and shutdown your generic cod channel down"

"Nice clickb8 Faggot w8ting for your shit tier video to disable comments . Fucking newfag cancer go play some cod you activisiom cock faggot"

"I don't see why he [MarbleDuck] always tries to shit on levelcap he is better and has a million more subs...and also "there isnt a best gun in she game there are guns that are better that others at different engagement distances" yes thats true and whichever is the best/most average at all of them is the "best gun""

"Marbleduck you don't know shit lol levelcap knows more than you do you cant talk about how someone puts up garbage when you do yourself your a newcomer to YouTube acting like you know shit step up in the food chain first then you have the right to talk otherwise your just a fish trying to compete with sharks"

"Why don't we just witness "LevelCap vs MarbleDuck" One on One both on Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4 seen as there is so much Controversy about the Two Youtubers"

"stfu cunt, BF3 was way better end of discussion"

"Stfu man, you're be littleing the most looked upon Battlefield Youtuber. No one cares about you, how much of an ego you have, or quite frankly your opinion. It's a fucking game.... Does it really fucking matter? Pathetic man."

"fuck you asshole, dont talk shit about total"

"Wtf is your problem? You have no subs and he has millions, yet you pick on him like some kind of stubborn, ignorant, rude child born with a silver spoon is his mouth. It's easy to do that, for example... You said there was no background noise yet there is. You say you're a fairly good player, you're not."

"please talk like a normal person and not like a professional"