Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "colossusofc1out" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jun 2nd 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Wednesday, January 20th 2016, 12:07am

CCS Legacy Cup Bracket & FAQ

FAQ:
Q: What are the rules?
A: Refer to the rule section, while there refer to the LEGACY CUP specific rules. Remember, we're specifically testing a few bans to know what to do for the primary season (ex: 950+ RPM guns are ALLOWED currently, etc...)

Q: How do we know who gets to play what map in what server?
A: Since we're playing ONE MAP per round (until veto rounds) , you will play on the same server if from the same region (so this shouldn't be an issue). IF you are from different regions, a coin flip of some sort will be done and the winner of the flip will decide where the first round of the map will be played, as well as what side to play on. Switch servers for the 2nd round.

Q: How do I submit my roster?
A: Simply just copy/paste your teams roster from a google doc (or w/e your use) and then hyperlink their battlelog to their user account (obviously do this on YOUR roster page). You can use our Symthic example here

Q: Will rosters be locked?
A: Roster will be locked once you begin your first round of play; so be sure to add your players ASAP!

Q: What is the pace of playing?
A: We would prefer that these matches be played ASAP. We plan to fit ALL rounds in under 4 weeks from yesterday. This may be difficult, but the admins will be pushing for teams to play as soon as they're ready and available. This means you may not get to scrim between one round between the next. So if Team A plays on Friday, and they're your next opponent; if you can play on Friday after their other match, then play them!

Q: How do you win the map?
A: This will be like playoffs, but, you will play till the end of the first round. For round 2 (when sides are flipped) it is the opposing team's job to drop their opponent to 0 tickets and remain ABOVE that previous ticket count.
EXAMPLE: Shanghai; Team A v. Team B ----> ROUND 1: Team A 80 tickets - 0 tickets Team B ; Round 2: Team A 42 tickets - Team B 79 (YOU CAN STOP HERE) due to TEAM B having a lower count than the first round, thus TEAM A wins.

Good Luck! And I'll continuously update this with more info! Remember, don't stress about this; as this is really just a practice and get your feet wet for most teams type of cup. Just get some practice in, and have some fun guys!

- Colossus & CCS Staff

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "elementofprgress" (Feb 1st 2016, 5:13pm) with the following reason: Updated Bracket. (orig [img]http://i.imgur.com/IG6XuOA.png[/img])

Date of registration
: Jan 5th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Wednesday, January 20th 2016, 1:05am

so we leave whichever team has the lower ping up to chance? That's basically leaving match results up to chance. It's annoying to switch servers mid-game, but it's MUCH more fair than choosing via coin flip.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, January 20th 2016, 1:08am

You do realize that they are to switch servers right? Essentially, it's just what server is played on FIRST as well as what side they play on first. For the 2nd round, as I mentioned " Switch servers for the 2nd round."

It is required to switch servers if from a different region and each team can provide a server to play on (obviously).

Date of registration
: Aug 30th 2015

Battlelog:

Wednesday, January 20th 2016, 4:32am

Thank you Symthic from the guys at Steel. We appreciate the effort you guys are putting into this. GG's everyone.

Date of registration
: Nov 10th 2015

Battlelog:

Friday, January 29th 2016, 10:35am

I have some concerns about the setup of the bracket (the positioning of the teams on it) that I believe should be considered for future cups.

I believe the bracket should be set up so the top two teams (1st and second) play each other in the winners bracket final and the next two teams (3rd and 4th) play each other in the losers bracket final. Let's assume we have 12 teams like in the legacy cup and that we have an idea of the standings of the teams that will play in the cup.

Here's an image of what I think is the best way to set up a future bracket:

Under this design, the bottom half of teams get quickly knocked into the losers bracket, and the best teams play the most (and the closest) matches. The worst teams are eliminated very quickly, but that happens in any bracket setup.

How I did it

I started under the assumption that the 1st and 2nd best teams should play the winner bracket final, and the 3rd and 4th best teams should play the loser bracket final. I then went up through the tree selecting places that would allow the closest teams to play while still allowing the top half of teams to get fitting standings. As you can see, I came up with a mathematical pattern: odds on top, evens on bottom, skill differences increasing from right to left (4 -> 2 -> 1). In the lower bracket, changes could be made so the matches are a little closer.

elementofprgress

Wizard moderator

(3,544)

Date of registration
: Jun 28th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Monday, February 1st 2016, 5:13pm

updated bracket

Symthic Forum Rules
Battlefield Data Browser
Come join us on teamspeak!!!
Symthic/Team Symthic Teamspeak: TeamSym.Nitrado.net

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, February 24th 2016, 5:06am

JUST A QUICK UPDATE. THE PLAN IS TO HAVE ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL MATCHES DONE BY THE WEEKEND. TEAMS NEED TO BE PREPARED TO PLAY BACK TO BACK ROUNDS. AND IF POSSIBLE, BE READY TO PLAY IN THE AFTERNOON OF SUNDAY.