Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "The Guy who gives Ammo" started this thread

Date of registration
: Apr 28th 2015

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Friday, September 25th 2015, 11:10pm

Possible ideas for the upcoming season patch

Okay, before I get into this topic, I must say that Battlefield 4 has seen a lot of progress I like and just as much I don't like (GPMG changes [even though the M60 has become my new fav LMG])
I have a possible solution that could knock out two birds with one stone. I have seen a few threads talking about the nerfs to support lmgs and gadgets (mainly talking about gadgets), as well as the general hate towards the defensive perk. Seeing this, I thought of a solution that could be viable with some balancing and whatnot. If we could get a new gadget for the support that in it's simplest form is a dispenser much like the ammo box, but instead of dispensing ammo, it would give who ever was in your SQUAD an armor plate. This plate would either use the same HUD icon, as the defense perk does now, for your 3D spotting, or actually changes the playermodel in third person. You may be thinking "How is that any different from the defense perk"
Well, let's hypothetically dig in to this.
The gadget itself would take up a slot for the Support class (you know, the class that should support his squad and team) The armor plates would only be able to be obtained by an "armor bag" that is from a squad mate, I say this because a team could stack them up and you get where this is going. The "armor plate" only blocks chest damage (duh) and can take damage. It has 100 health and takes damage like the user would (ie. a sniper shot would do 100 damage to the plate, but would use the x0.93 damage multiplier to the user) When the plate is destroyed it will no longer absorb damage for the user. The plate dispenser will give squad mates the first plate per person in a minute of being near the plates, and subsequent plates per life will take 1.5-2 minutes to prevent abuse. Obviously the armor perk in the defensive line would be removed and replaced with one of the generic perks.
However this would need some "peer review" and testing. I'm sure I can get the former on a wonderful sight like this, but the latter I'm sure we can never get. 'Cause who listens to the guy with a name like this and an idea like this? pfffff...
What are your ideas about this? Anything you would change or is this simply bogus?
Big thanks to Xuvial for help getting me into PC master race gaming. *still plays BF4 on PS4*

Tapatalk is painful to use
Been waiting for that TACHANKA BUFF for much longer than BF1.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "The Guy who gives Ammo" (Sep 25th 2015, 11:16pm)

Date of registration
: Mar 25th 2015

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Saturday, September 26th 2015, 2:39pm

The problem with the defensive perk is its effectiveness and predictability. It makes one-shot body kills impossible with anything but shotguns and there's no way to tell if the effect is in play.

Personally, I think the perk trees in general could use a little shaking up.

Offensive, for example. Its starting effect is a 10% increase to sprint speed. Basically, this means you save a couple of seconds (out of dozens) when running between flags. Ironically, the DEFENSIVE perimeter tree for the Support class is better for offense since you get more ammo. Either the extra ammo or the extra grenade would matter more as a primary.

Shadow. Generally, someone shooting his weapon ONCE is enough for that single minimap blip to attract most enemies within 150 meters. Its primary effect of reducing spotted time won't mean squat when, on top of that, you show up on the enemy's FOV. I'd rather have the ability to stay off the map when walking through motion sensors as a primary perk. Still situational but matters a lot more when it comes up.

Grenadier isn't that bad but I'd rather have extra 40mm ammo over extra hand grenades.

Anti-Tank is a bit stupid. The primary gives you more ammo...that you can't really use until two perks later. The game limits the number of land mines you can deploy so getting more of them isn't especially good unless enemy tanks don't run infrared vision AND don't pay attention. I'd rather have extra launcher ammo over mines. Considering most launchers practically take the player's entire inventory to kill ONE vehicle, having those extra rounds at all times would allow for a reasonable margin of error and the player wouldn't be fucked the moment he misses ONE rocket. Sure, the unguided rockets have facing modifiers on tanks but that sadly doesn't come up all that often.

Mechanic is OK. The problem is the Repair Tool itself. Too effective even without the perk.

Indirect Fire lets you keep up two ammo bags at once. Unless you're the only Support player on the entire team (VERY unlikely on pubs or large organized play...so unlikely in general), this is a complete waste of a perk slot.

Perimeter Defense's extra ammo is nice but, well, you're a SUPPORT. You already HAVE practical infinite ammo. Why not get the extra ammo for the XM25 instead?

Spec Ops keeps you hidden from motion detectors when walking. It's not that bad but it makes the Shadow perk kind of pointless. Why not get the extra C4 instead? Sure, you would have more bombs to blow up tanks but wouldn't be invisible unless you filled the perk bar. Shadow would let you be invisible but you wouldn't get as many bombs.

Sniper's fine. The problem is that Scope Steadying is too good and makes the bipod pointless.

Concerning vehicle changes, I will agree that the winning team with all the flags will get access to several powerful armored vehicles or combat helicopter, which makes it much harder for the opponent to recover. I would replace flag assets with transport vehicles only (EXCEPT if it's an artillery truck). Only MRAPs or Transport Helicopters. Also, I wouldn't allow maps to have more than 3-4 customizable combat vehicles. Finally, I would increase the number of light transport vehicles like Quads, bikes and Jeeps. It will be a lot easier to move around large maps and beak out of a home spawn camp.

Date of registration
: Sep 16th 2015

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Sunday, September 27th 2015, 1:48pm

How about chancing thermal optics so it no longer can see explosives? There is no reason to use IRNV over thermal optics in vehicles.

Sunday, September 27th 2015, 10:33pm

How about chancing thermal optics so it no longer can see explosives? There is no reason to use IRNV over thermal optics in vehicles.

Remember how when they nerfed Thermal, everyone complained that they couldn't see anything and they had to switch between optics? That's the reason.

• "The Guy who gives Ammo" started this thread

Date of registration
: Apr 28th 2015

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Monday, September 28th 2015, 6:49am

Let's get edgy:
Buff the UCAV to 30 seconds wait time instead of 60 or change up the perk line to have a UCAV perk
Make pump shotgun slugs do 50 dmg dropoff
Been waiting for that TACHANKA BUFF for much longer than BF1.

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2012

Reputation modifier: 19

Monday, September 28th 2015, 9:05am

Let's get edgy:
Buff the UCAV to 30 seconds wait time instead of 60 or change up the perk line to have a UCAV perk
Make pump shotgun slugs do 50 dmg dropoff

I cut myself reading this post.