Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,928)

• "Miffyli" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 17

Thursday, July 30th 2015, 11:28pm

Recfield

I am just moving the discussion about this to a new thread to keep the kill-distance statistics thread cleaner and more on-topic.

Basically Recfield is just a quick mashup of things that so far allow recording BF4 match and then playing in map-view. It only records players, plyers in vehicles and most of the kills happening but at least does something.

A "demo" of sorts I keep updating when I feel up for it

I might keep working on this for a while or not, depending on how people react. I doubt I will ever "publish" it completely open as recording a game is close to hacking.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • InterimAegis - Weapon comparisons/scoring.
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • pmax - Statistical analysis of BF4 players/games.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

marbleduck

Smoked Salmon Best Salmon

(1,514)

Date of registration
: Dec 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Friday, July 31st 2015, 12:00am

Any reason this can't be translated into a battlerecorder?

I mean, we already have killer and killee locations recorded over the entire match...

Platoon Marble Duck

Hate Mail

"you obviously don't know what an argument is as there is only one person battling. Do you really fucking think I want subs? You think you can act all big and powerful just because you sit on a computer at least 6 hours a day like the probably nerdy unwanted retard you are with 4.3k subs? You think 4.3k subs is a lot? LOL you need medicine man. I don't want any subs as i just have a google account for other media and writing comments. Think twice before you act. You even said in your video you aren't that great of a player, and the comments agree you aren't. Maybe you should once again think twice before you act, stop being such an annoying, ignorant bastard that everyone wants to shut up, and god, literally, just shut up. Your voice gave me a headache :s"

"As a youtuber shouldn't be trying to be reeling in your viewers with exciting stuff being said not your boring ass commentary for your video"

"The more you watch his vid the dumber he gets I swear he's borderline autistic look I got shot behind cover beacuase thin sheets metal are unpenetrable. Bf4 is just as quiet and tactical as bf3 random explosion in the background . Player has dissconected from chat
You started playing bf3 and never touched bfc1/2. Please do yourself a favor and shutdown your generic cod channel down"

"Nice clickb8 Faggot w8ting for your shit tier video to disable comments . Fucking newfag cancer go play some cod you activisiom cock faggot"

"I don't see why he [MarbleDuck] always tries to shit on levelcap he is better and has a million more subs...and also "there isnt a best gun in she game there are guns that are better that others at different engagement distances" yes thats true and whichever is the best/most average at all of them is the "best gun""

"Marbleduck you don't know shit lol levelcap knows more than you do you cant talk about how someone puts up garbage when you do yourself your a newcomer to YouTube acting like you know shit step up in the food chain first then you have the right to talk otherwise your just a fish trying to compete with sharks"

"Why don't we just witness "LevelCap vs MarbleDuck" One on One both on Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4 seen as there is so much Controversy about the Two Youtubers"

"stfu cunt, BF3 was way better end of discussion"

"Stfu man, you're be littleing the most looked upon Battlefield Youtuber. No one cares about you, how much of an ego you have, or quite frankly your opinion. It's a fucking game.... Does it really fucking matter? Pathetic man."

"fuck you asshole, dont talk shit about total"

"Wtf is your problem? You have no subs and he has millions, yet you pick on him like some kind of stubborn, ignorant, rude child born with a silver spoon is his mouth. It's easy to do that, for example... You said there was no background noise yet there is. You say you're a fairly good player, you're not."

"please talk like a normal person and not like a professional"

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,928)

Date of registration

Friday, July 31st 2015, 12:16am

Beeecause it's quite a bit harder to record models and entities and everything on the battlefield instead of just one vector per player, not to mention replaying it.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration
: Feb 27th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Friday, July 31st 2015, 12:26am

Just tossing this out there but I wouldn't mind recording games on my side to increase sample size for kill distance stat thread. Though Im HC and that prolly changes things.

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,928)

Date of registration

Friday, July 31st 2015, 11:44am

Just tossing this out there but I wouldn't mind recording games on my side to increase sample size for kill distance stat thread. Though Im HC and that prolly changes things.

Thanks for the offer but I am probably finished with that. The "kill-points on maps" could be interesting but needs a very big bunch of games to mask out unbalanced games (-> bias towards one end of the map).
But I am not sure yet how I am going to continue. Also I am being very cautious about sharing the recorder code as I don't want anybody be banned because of me :P

Could be interesting to see how HC affects kill ranges tho.

MrT3a

The only man who ever reported his own post!

(920)

Date of registration
: Jul 19th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Friday, July 31st 2015, 1:54pm

How about reuiniting team Sym on an unranked unprotected private server to play games ?

Or ask Dice to let through this particular distance kill recorder, since it's for stats analysis only.
If you can explain how it works they could tell you if it can result in a ban.

Sent from phone
Stats thingy

Quotes of wisdom (maybe)

I'm a battlefield player, good sir. I don't play metro.

PC is no longer PC master race. It's PC mustard race, because consoles need to ketchup :'D

DICE gave so much into making commander better, but lemmings be lemmings I guess.

As a good guy that don't want to use overly glitched weapons, I'll quit using the MTAR and switch to the ACWR until it's fixed

The world needs more people like you

+1, I think we're all in agreement that more MrT3as would be an awesome thing :love:
Although if that was the case they'd use up so much of the world's awesome that there'd be none left for the rest of us! :D

yes, I know, I'm a big-ass hypocrite

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,928)

Date of registration

Friday, July 31st 2015, 5:01pm

@MrT3a
It would have to be random players on random server to avoid overfitting/underfitting certain type of players.
The codes used in this code are very close to hacking. However PB can't detect it because it doesn't scan for things this code uses nor it has signature of it, and FF can't ban because zero effect on player's actions. That said I am just playing it save.

MrT3a

(920)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, July 31st 2015, 6:13pm

@Miffyli
That's the reason I suggested private server or getting in touch with Dice for approval ^^
It's in no one interest to get people banned for stat collecting ^^

TBH I think DICE does record these values as well, getting in touch with them could have a side effect of them releasing some data to you because they're amazed by your work ^^ (as we are)
Stats thingy

Quotes of wisdom (maybe)

PC is no longer PC master race. It's PC mustard race, because consoles need to ketchup :'D

DICE gave so much into making commander better, but lemmings be lemmings I guess.

As a good guy that don't want to use overly glitched weapons, I'll quit using the MTAR and switch to the ACWR until it's fixed

+1, I think we're all in agreement that more MrT3as would be an awesome thing :love:
Although if that was the case they'd use up so much of the world's awesome that there'd be none left for the rest of us! :D

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Friday, July 31st 2015, 6:44pm

DICE can't apprave, PB would do that. Last time I told them about a false positive they told me everything was fine.
[Aristocrat's Shoes]
TLDR -
Teamwork is where players function by themselves, but their effectiveness is multiplied when they work together. Not a checklist of "did we bring a healer so we can start playing?"

MrT3a

(920)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, July 31st 2015, 7:36pm

@Rezal
Sad
Stats thingy

Quotes of wisdom (maybe)