Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

MrT3a

The only man who ever reported his own post!

(920)

Date of registration
: Jul 19th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Friday, July 17th 2015, 9:37am

I like the killcam used in Titanfall. You see what your killer saw, you can learn from it. And if you know the map well enough, you can deduce where he was.

Sent from phone
Stats thingy

Quotes of wisdom (maybe)

I'm a battlefield player, good sir. I don't play metro.

PC is no longer PC master race. It's PC mustard race, because consoles need to ketchup :'D

DICE gave so much into making commander better, but lemmings be lemmings I guess.

As a good guy that don't want to use overly glitched weapons, I'll quit using the MTAR and switch to the ACWR until it's fixed

The world needs more people like you

+1, I think we're all in agreement that more MrT3as would be an awesome thing :love:
Although if that was the case they'd use up so much of the world's awesome that there'd be none left for the rest of us! :D

yes, I know, I'm a big-ass hypocrite

Date of registration
: Feb 19th 2014

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Friday, July 17th 2015, 5:27pm

doesnt the killcam last the same ammount of time as you have to be revived, or am i mistaken?
In modern USA, the Pig roasts you!

Who loves a good ole custom chainsaw!

Spoiler Spoiler

Krolman

Cannot into Rankine

(501)

Date of registration
: Dec 19th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Friday, July 17th 2015, 6:05pm

Quoted

doesnt the killcam last the same ammount of time as you have to be revived, or am i mistaken?

I believe so

Sent from my HTC Desire 601 using Tapatalk
Apparently we do have a facebook... You should go ahead and like it

Oh look and a twitter... Yeah follow us there too pls

If only people would talk back it wouldn't be so lonely.[In B4 I get overwhelmed]

"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish." - Euripides, Bacchae

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."- Harlan Ellison

Things that I support

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

intel best ethernet controllers

ammo regen pls

TL;DR: all vehicles in BF4 are screwed up in some way or another.

I know I shouldn't be surprised that something like that even exists but.... 8|

You're just a spreadsheet baddie.

Date of registration
: Nov 25th 2014

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Friday, July 17th 2015, 7:38pm

The reason behind killcam being bullshit is that it gives you an exact and continuously updating position of the enemy who killed you. If that enemy was able to kill you without your knowledge of his location, he outsmarted you, he was better, he displayed a greater amount of "skill" than you did by getting a better position, remaining unseen, etc. He deserves to be rewarded for that. You do not deserve to be rewarded or even compensated because you got killed. FPS used to punish players who got killed. Now they compensate with kill cam and fast respawns. Sometimes they even reward you by spawning you with full ammo (grenade resupply times got nerfed? fuck that, I'll /suicide!) which aside from nades doesn't even matter because you get so much of it and most players aren't good enough to run out, thus further devaluing the support kit. It's getting pretty damn pathetic.

Now, there are still valid points to argue about sound still not being the greatest. There are still some audio improvements that could be made. However, as long as the combat is going to be focused toward fast paced, head to head, John Rambo style action from Executive Producer Michael Bay, positional sound is always going to suck because the constant gunshot sounds blend together and function like ambient sound, thus drowning out everything else (footsteps) and making most people feel that the killcam is necessary. You can notice this difference, try defending an objective under conflict, then try to sneak into one solo.

These features all go together like bread and butter. It's a formula. The point is that you can't just change one variable; a lot of things need to change so that the formula still works.
My response to K/D bragging: "It's kinda hard to maintain a high K/D without ammo..." | Top 1% Resupplies PS3 - Proud to be a team player

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2012

Reputation modifier: 19

Friday, July 17th 2015, 8:29pm

Honestly, i can always pinpoint with exactness where footsteps and gunfire are coming from. Maybe it's the PC version and/or my audio setup, but it's definitely pretty good by modern FPS standards.

Date of registration
: Feb 19th 2014

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Saturday, July 18th 2015, 1:02am

Honestly, i can always pinpoint with exactness where footsteps and gunfire are coming from. Maybe it's the PC version and/or my audio setup, but it's definitely pretty good by modern FPS standards.

Nope, audio mix is pretty darn good on console
In modern USA, the Pig roasts you!

Who loves a good ole custom chainsaw!

Spoiler Spoiler

Date of registration
: Apr 2nd 2013

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Saturday, July 18th 2015, 4:32am

@AmmuNOPE

Are you familiar with the current iteration of the Killcam in CoD where you can observe moments before and like 1 second after your death from the perspective of your killer?

Do you feel this gives away too much since you see the killer's position before they killed you, or does it gives the right amount of info, mainly how the killer got you?

I personally find that kill cams that give you no information than just "You died to x used by player" to be immensely frustrating as they offer no feedback on how/why you died. Then again I also get frustrated with the BF4 kill cam when I see the person that killed me immediately dying in the kill cam, because I hate one kill wonders.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,416)

• "VincentNZ" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Saturday, July 18th 2015, 1:07pm

Did they not change the killcam some time into the lifecycle of Battlefield?

Anyway for authenticity reasons it is not a real kill or death cam, you are hors de combat, meaning unable to fight until somebody defibs you, and are still aware of your surroundings. I know it is a stretch, and a glowing orange x-ray vision is surely unauthentic but I prefer it over the BF3 killcam, where you could see how the opponent moved from his perspective for ages.

The cam however is needed, otherwise people will be complaining even more about ghost kills, fast kills etc. It makes the game more transparent. Personally I find the COD killcam not too bad in regards to this, if you get hitmarkers, aim and recoil feedback from it. This is not authentic though.

I would vote for a killcam similar to what we have now, with an orange glow showing the guy for a second and afterwards you can only see in the direction you have been looking to in the first place until you black out or someone revives you.

Date of registration
: Nov 25th 2014

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Saturday, July 18th 2015, 1:22pm

I'm fully familiar with how the kill cam works / worked in CoD, Battlefield 3, and Battlefield 4. My position still stands for all three. People may complain that they don't know where they were shot from, but those people are part of the "newer audience" that Battlefield is trying to cater to. No disrespect to the "newer audience", but any of those three forms of kill cams (or any other kill cam system) is doing your job for you. It's giving you information that you shouldn't have access to and eroding the skill needed to play the game by giving you a handicap over someone who out-positioned you. You should be given the information you need prior to death. You shouldn't need more.

Think back to the golden age of split screen, when brotherly love was quantified by how much we bitched about screen peeking. That's killcam, but on a much greater scale.

Now, I feel like I need to differentiate between kill cam and kill card. The latter is good, and is considered necessary by most people (including by yours truly). The former is the bad guy. Kill card should give enough information to dispel most of the hackusations, but the problem is that it currently doesn't and needs an improvement.
My response to K/D bragging: "It's kinda hard to maintain a high K/D without ammo..." | Top 1% Resupplies PS3 - Proud to be a team player

Labby

(6,444)

Date of registration
: Sep 26th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Saturday, July 18th 2015, 2:29pm

Kill card should give enough information to dispel most of the hackusations, but the problem is that it currently doesn't and needs an improvement.

A combat log tab in the chat would help with this, just something listing all incoming and outgoing damage as it happens.

"Player 1 hit you for 22 damage with AEK 971"

If you die and want to know how, switch chat tabs to combat log and you can see what weapon you were killed with, how many times you were hit, if there was more than one enemy involved, and if you were returning fire, how close you came to killing them.
[Aetherblade Medium Boots]

JOIN THE TEAMSPEAK (L)EVOLUTION: teamsym.nitrado.net