Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Leotichidas" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jul 21st 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Monday, July 6th 2015, 9:58pm

Tool for extracting textures

Hello guys, I'd need a tool for extracting textures of Frostbite games. In this thread @elementofprgress has said that a guy by the name Dainiuxxx has made it, but the download link is invalid. Can someone upload this tool for me?
Thanks and sorry for my bad english :S

Date of registration
: Jul 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Tuesday, July 7th 2015, 12:01am

@elementofprgress

elementofprgress

Wizard moderator

(3,482)

Date of registration
: Jun 28th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Tuesday, July 7th 2015, 7:09am

yeah. the link was up on bfeditor.org but unfortunately that site vanished a few months ago(along with it a lot of valuable information about frostbite file structures). I uploaded on mega so here you go.
Batch_Itexture_Converter_BF4.rar 100 KB
MEGA

Its a little buggy but gets the job done well. remember to run it threw once by one chunk folder then again by the other chunk folder. There are some textures it can't get due to some DDS file header irregularities but it gets the majority of them. If there is a specific texture you need that it isn't grabbing let me know.

Symthic Forum Rules
Battlefield Data Browser
Come join us on teamspeak!!!
Symthic/Team Symthic Teamspeak: TeamSym.Nitrado.net

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, July 7th 2015, 12:01pm

I extracted the files, textures and sound of Battlefield 4 some time ago, and now i want to do the same thing with Star Wars Battlefront Alpha. I already have extracted text files and sound with the BF4 Resource Extractor tool, but now I don't remember how to extract texture file. The tool that you posted required *.itexture files, but with the BF4 Resource Extractor tool the only files that were extracted are:
- one folder named chunks that contains all *.chunk files
- one folder named bundles that contains other 3 folder [chunks (contains *.chunk files), ebx (contains *.ebx file) and res (contains *.mesh files)].
Where are the *.itexture files? I have to change the extension of some file manually? I don't remember the method that I used for Battlefield 4 :'(
Thank you very much first of all and for the availability!! =)

elementofprgress

Wizard moderator

(3,482)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, July 7th 2015, 7:01pm

Looks like the identifier for what we call itexture files has changed. I took a quick look...if you change them to .itexture it could/should work. The files look pretty similar. Looks like the chunk id is still there in the same spot. Just gotta update the dumper script to pick recognize it and name it correctly.

Symthic Forum Rules
Battlefield Data Browser

TheRadGamerDan

Hey! Could I get one of these title things?

(207)

Date of registration
: Jul 8th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Wednesday, July 8th 2015, 5:47am

texture files are all located in bundles/res

chunk files use both /chunks and /bundles/chunks

chunk files are basically the data files for the textures / mesh files

:P

elementofprgress

Wizard moderator

(3,482)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, July 8th 2015, 7:34am

texture files are all located in bundles/res

chunk files use both /chunks and /bundles/chunks

chunk files are basically the data files for the textures / mesh files

:P

the chunks that the itextures in the bundles/res/ are actually the textures themselves just missing a 128 Byte header.

Symthic Forum Rules
Battlefield Data Browser

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, July 8th 2015, 3:56pm

I tried to join one resource file with its corresponding chunk file, but the Bf4 texture converter tool don't generate the .dds file.
I followed the following procedure, tell me if I'm wrong:

1) I take as reference one resource file (t_imperial_scoutrooper_male_01_body_c 0b000000010000000000000000000000.unknownres6bde20ba). This is the file:

2) I analize it with Hex Editor and I take the name of its corresponding chunk file

3) I join the resource file (128 Byte header) with its chunk file and I rename the new file as "t_imperial_scoutrooper_male_01_body_c.itexture"

elementofprgress

Wizard moderator

(3,482)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, July 8th 2015, 8:03pm

@Leotichidas
Yeah, sorta wrong. The 128 byte header isn't from the res folder. It is a one that identifies a texture and its atributes. All DDS texture files have a 128 byte header. In that 128 the texture format(there are a lot of different formats out there), width, height, etc are specified. You were on the right track. That chunk file you found. That IS THE TEXTURE. It is just missing the 128 byte header with the DDS information and the file extension DDS.

See. http://gyazo.com/2951968d0438cfdb58da7e04678e797c It definitely a texture I just don't know what format and size. I used to know how to figure out the format and size from the chunk file itself. If i remember right the size of the chunk can tell you what file format and dimensions of the texture, thus the 128 byte header. Hmm....that chunk file is quite big...I have a few of the common chunk sizes and corresponding DDS headers but that chunk file is double the size of any chunk size I have information on in my script. There might be something else going on or it might just be a really big texture. No more old consoles, now more low res textures??? IDK i'll look into it. That might have just so happened to be a bad texture to grab for an example.

OH yeah, the texture tool that is in the screenshot. Download TextureFinder.v21.zip from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way Its pretty useful for stuff like this.

PS. If you find a res file and you get the chunk files name from it but can't find it in either chunk folder they might have used the same obfuscation techniques they did for some BF4 textures/audio. So if the res says chunk is 5f1884a69186ad05a810e63693330f8b
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
5f 18 84 a6 91 86 ad 05 a8 10 e6 36 93 33 0f 8b
You would then need to but the bytes in this order
3,2,1,0,5,4,7,6,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15, 16
and that would be the chunks name. ....I think I don't know if I remember that right. Its been a while.

PPS. Sorry if that made little to no sense, I'm not great at explaining things like this some days.

Symthic Forum Rules
Battlefield Data Browser

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "elementofprgress" (Jul 8th 2015, 8:13pm)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, July 8th 2015, 9:15pm

Ok, I'm going crazy :) But thank you so much for your patience!! And sorry if I don't understand some things you say but I'm Italian and I don't know very well English.

I tried to change file, and this time I have also an ebx file. All chunks of Star Wars Battlefront textures weigh about 5 MB, as the file previously analyzed.
These are the files, I tried to do the same method that I used before but with the ebx file LOL

But the result don't change. I tried to analyze the chunk file with the texture tool and this is the result --> Imgur
The figure seems an alien but not what I'm looking for.. where is this damn file header? :D

If you want to have fun you too these are the four files, good luck!
Meanwhile, thanks again