Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "AmmuNOPE" started this thread

Date of registration
: Nov 25th 2014

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Sunday, July 5th 2015, 7:15pm

Canals TDM?

BF3 Noshahr Canals TDM Coming to Battlefield 4? - YouTube

While they're at it, I've been itching for the M16A3 as well.

/sarcasm

Seriously, DICE was on a roll with some great changes. I know this isn't exactly a reliable source, but if what Matimi0 says has any merit, then there is a real problem. Noshahr Canals TDM is a flawless representation of everything that Battlefield is not supposed to be. It is not supposed to be about exclusively twitch-reflex-based infantry combat. It is not supposed to instill an "i-dun-give-a-fuk" attitude toward death. It is not supposed to reward idiocy. It is not supposed to make Battlefield focus around the individual, which is why TDM as a game mode is bad for the game.

So why add it? Well, why add Metro? Because a large portion of the playerbase wanted it. The largest portion of the playerbase also (falsely) believes that Canals is real Battlefield gameplay. However, appeasing these players brings in the most players and most money for EA. It can't be ignored that EA thinks that two hours is too long to ask for someone to even begin to learn a skill or that EA is trying to take down Call of Duty. Both Metro and Canals are focused around infantry twitch reflect combat, not true Battlefield combined arms, teamwork and objective oriented combat. It's been demonstrated that Call of Duty takes no skill. It's even been demonstrated that most new-age Battlefield fans do not want to play skillfully (see: negative reaction to May 26th patch, which actually balanced the game and made it more skillful). Kharg Island was a map that took a great deal of skill and coordination to play effectively. Most new players (the majority of EA's income) don't want that.

But this is just a free, new map, right? So what the hell am I on about? The future. Let's, for a brief moment, endure the pain as we imagine the average post-2011 Battlefield public game. It plays like a twitch arcade shooter, people are running and jumping around like imbeciles with no regard for proper use of cover. Why should they? They can just sprinkle some magic fairy just and hop back to cover, and if the enemy does manage to hit them the six times required for that long range kill, they can just respawn in ten seconds or less, likely less than 50m from where they were before.

With this in mind... is this what you want the next full priced Battlefield game to become? I sure as hell don't. This uber casual twitch shooter ignorance has to end. As long as these people are the game's audience, there will always be an opposition to making it a better game until it is no longer a game. A game requires competition; when all the facets of skill have been removed in the name of sales, there is no more competition, therefore there is no game. It is simply an interactive moving picture.

I reiterate: see the negative reaction to the May 26 patch.
My response to K/D bragging: "It's kinda hard to maintain a high K/D without ammo..." | Top 1% Resupplies PS3 - Proud to be a team player

Zer0Cod3x

Can't get a title

(1,327)

Date of registration
: Dec 23rd 2013

Platform: Xbox One

Reputation modifier: 13

Sunday, July 5th 2015, 9:03pm

EA has to cater towards all types of players. Very broadly you have got competitive and casual players, and have to try to satisfy them all.

They have to cater to the AEK TDM only sweaty tryhards, to the person who tanks on Silk Road 24/7 servers. They have to cater to people like Rezal who know the game like the back of their hand, to the person who doesn't even know what spread is. They have to cater to the person who plays with friends, to the person who plays with a competitive team/platoon. They have to cater to PC players, to the console crowd. They have to cater to trolls, the sniper sitting 1000 m away. They have to cater to the person who picked up the game two days ago to the person in their mum's basement with over 1500 hours. They have to cater to BF 1942 veterans, to people whose first BF was BF4. And all the people in between.

Obviously, there's going to be some contention. I'm personally someone who likes stats and balance, but likes the more arcady feel to the game. I also mainly play rush, but I'll throw in the occasional CQ game.

EA's main playerbase is, as you said, the casual. You can't blame them from trying to make the game appeal to them. If you don't agree, then too bad.

And all the Spring Patch hate is really from either misinformation from various sources or just a general hate towards change, no matter the effect of the change. No because they're "filthy CoD OP Metro 24/7 qwickscoping scrub casuals."
something something Model 8 bestgun

How to ice an A-91

Next, wanna try adding a guy that you KNOW is bad, and just testing to see that? Example: PP-2000 (god I so wanna love this gun, and yet...)

Example: PP-2000 (god I so wanna love this gun, and yet...)

PP-2000 added. Y'know, it's not that bad....

Yes, it comes in last so far, but that is mostly because I'm making it shoot at 100m ADS - Not Moving as one of the criteria. Even then, between 50-100m Not Moving, when you include Useability, it is only 1.37% worse than the MTAR-21. Within 50m then it even beats the A-91.

Have a look, vs. the A-91 Carbine:

Using it with Muzzle Brake and Compensator is a wash in terms of overall performance. Comp is SLIGHTLY more accurate, while MB is SLIGHTLY more easy to use. Their overall scores are basically tied, with MB just ahead. I guess either can be recommended.

But... You can't be counting for the fact that it takes 9 bullets to kill at "long" range... Don't you dare tell me my A-91 is worse than a 9 BTK 650 RPM mediocre PDW.

Also. Just go heavy barrel. The recoil is low enough.

Well, technically...

Comparing a PP2K with HB and an A-91 with comp and stubby (as you suggested in an earlier post), at 50m not moving, the A-91 is only better by 4 damage per hitrate. While at 75m and 100m, surprisingly the PP2K does better than the A-91 (I'm pretty damn surprised as well).

And 10m and 50m moving the PP2K also does more damage per hitrate than the A-91. At 25m the A-91 is only better by about half a bullet's damage as well.

In addition, the PP2K has a much larger mag size and substantially less recoil. And it looks hella awesome. So comparing the A-91 to a PDW is of some worth after all, as the PP2K is better (technically, not practically) than the A-91.

Mind blown.

I... I...

*cries in a corner*

Zer0Cod3x explained it very well. If you look at the raw numbers right here on Symthic Comparison, you can see how that happened:

A-91 vs PP-2000 | BF4 Weapon Comparison | Symthic

A-91's "23%" RPM advantage only afforded it 1 extra round.

Reload times are wash.

Velocities are wash.

V-Recoil are wash (and this is HBar on PP2k vs. A-91 without).

Hipfire and ADS - Moving are better on the PP2k, but it's a PDW and not the surprising part.

The surprising part is that, as equipped (and we see above that PP2k HBar has almost same V-Recoil as A-91 without HBar so why not?), the PDW performs better at 50 - 100m than a bloody Carbine. Why?

H-Recoil Spread, 0.525 vs. 0.45, advantage PP2k.

SIPS, 42% better on the PP2k.

And here is the most important part. ADS - Not Moving Spread, 0.35 vs. 0.2, 43% improvement.

Without HBar then of course the PP2k loses, which is why when I add all the attachments together for an Overall Ranking, it would slot below the A-91. Run HBar on it, though, then... I'm sorry

@Veritable
@Zer0Cod3x
I... I...
But...
Wha...
I AM HAVING AN EXISTENTIAL CRISIS IN SCHOOL BECAUSE OF YOU TWO.

FUCK YOU NERDS AND YOUR FANCY NUMBERS

SEXY RUSSIAN BULLPUPS FTW.

In all seriousness, thank you both so much for giving me the numbers. I still don't want to accept them. You have led the horse to water. I still need to drink.

Date of registration
: Feb 19th 2014

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Sunday, July 5th 2015, 10:15pm

What's wrong with a small dose of mindless fun? It satiates my thirst for that style of gameplay without having to toss down big bucks on some other game that I'll only play on a short weekend. Call me all the silly names and spit insults all you wish, but I think it holds merit when I can play one specific video-game tactically or mindlessly depending on which gamemode/map I decide to play on. Cuz dam I dont always feel like putting in work to get a win when Im trying to escape my IRL life for a couple of hours. Battlefield 4 has come to be this for me. :)
In modern USA, the Pig roasts you!

Who loves a good ole custom chainsaw!

Spoiler Spoiler

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,997)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Sunday, July 5th 2015, 10:44pm

Grindfield 4 needs a good grinding map.

Noshahr TDM was that map in Grindfield 3.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Jul 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 17

Monday, July 6th 2015, 12:42am

What about Ziba tower?

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,997)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Monday, July 6th 2015, 12:59am

What about Ziba tower?

I did not find it very efficient.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Oscar

Sona tank jungle

(1,948)

Date of registration
: May 30th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Monday, July 6th 2015, 1:09am

I like noshnals

Yay for this
Bro of Legion, the lurker ninja mod | Tesla FTW | RNG is evil.

Quoted from "MsMuchLove"

I find majority of the complaints I hear about this game somehow never appear in my games.

Date of registration
: Jul 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 17

Monday, July 6th 2015, 1:30am

What about Ziba tower?

Ziba tower double xp, best way to get to colonel 100 :thumbup:

CobaltRose

I'll be there... around every corner... in every empty room...

(1,219)

Date of registration
: Nov 8th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Monday, July 6th 2015, 2:38am

What about Ziba tower?
Ziba didn't really support snipers in the way that Noshahr did. Most of Ziba's sight lines were really short, but Noshahr had that whole ridge up by the railway and -twitch- the crane.
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

Memorable Quotes

I once tried to burn a bridge, but due to the half-assed levolution implementation it kept standing up just fine.

Compared to the MTAR, the PDR has the TTK of your average pack of cigarettes.

The World Champion, on the Tactical Light:
"Oh don't mind me, I'm just out of ammo and I'll just POCKET SUN!!!!"

What can't be changed can be banned.

I'm completely serious. Well, seriously insane actually :P

If only more people left the wheel chair, adjustable hospital bed, and crutches behind and played HC. (aka Regen, Minimap, Killcam)

Natalia Poklonskaya:
Putin the cute in prosecute since 2014.

I can't look at my own avatar without having to pee. GG Me. GG.

I swear to god if you reply with a picture of the AEK I'll mail you a buttplug shaped like one.

The one time when "it's only three inches" is a good thing.

How do you guys control your FAMAS burst length since it fires its mag in just 1,5 seconds))
I consider each magazine a burst. :/

This is Symthic, we don't do "feels" around here ;)

Date of registration
: Dec 8th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Monday, July 6th 2015, 3:28am

Quoted

Ziba Tower

Battleduty Modern Quarters 3 Premium Elite confirmed!

*Ya-dadadadadadadadadadadadadadada*