Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Nov 25th 2014

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Friday, July 3rd 2015, 9:58am

Coming from someone who plays mostly support and always runs C4:

I'm starting a new platoon: The C4 Resupply Rate is Too Damn High! Jokes aside, C4's versatility is supposed to require some creative thinking ("skill") to use (contrary to what assault whores in that French brothel called Metro will tell you). However, the regen rate allows people to sit on a crate and spam them continuously. They regen almost as quickly as they can be thrown and detonated. They can be thrown very far, especially using the jump and upward flick trick. Support essentially has the highest-damaging grenade in the game with a bonus of being able to "frag out" at tanks, stick them to targets, and detonate on command and the downside being less range than "real" grenades.

Mobility hit mechanics are bullshit anyway. They are only indirectly tied to hitting certain parts of a vehicle (or some other more difficult task) by being directly tied to damage dealt. Mobility hit mechanics need to be overhauled with only certain weapons and certain tactics causing them. The current system encourages garbage tactics like running out in the middle of the road behind a tank with no cover because you know he won't be able to do anything and you will be completely free to finish him off in the ten seconds he can't move at all. Flanking? That's what respawns are for - roll the dice and hope you get the right node. C4 should not be causing mobility hits. If you're going to go balls deep, you better make a big bang the first time or go home disappointed. None of this single pop and finish up later bullshit. Play like a (wo)man or get out. Otherwise, I'm calling the UN. Using child soldiers is a crime against humanity.

In regards to suicidal noobs (extreme sarcasm incoming) - it's not their fault they couldn't figure out any other way to destroy a tank when their ARs didn't work. How dare you be so ignorant as to not recognize their desperation in the face of extreme adversity? How dare you? It's not like the extremely infantry-focused combat weakened their poor little minds to the point that they couldn't face the heavily nerfed vehicles on the battlefield. You really want to take away their suicide bombs, their last resort against the almighty invincible tank-lord regime? How could you?

What really needs to happen with C4: reduce the splash damage inner radius and throwing range (to prevent C4 nades) and increase the resupply time. This will also help with elevator traps (seriously, who designed Shanghai?).
My response to K/D bragging: "It's kinda hard to maintain a high K/D without ammo..." | Top 1% Resupplies PS3 - Proud to be a team player

Date of registration
: Mar 26th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Friday, July 3rd 2015, 6:48pm

I will never understand why a class that can resupply itself was given C4.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,325)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Friday, July 3rd 2015, 7:07pm

Support is actually Heavy.

That is why I enjoy playing it so much.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Saturday, July 4th 2015, 12:10am

I will never understand why a class that can resupply itself was given C4.

Because the community whined really, really hard when it wasn't going to be there. Seriously.

It was only going to be in Recon, but once the community learned this (around the time of the Alpha IIRC) they complained and DICE Stockholm gave in to that (and also gave Recon Claymores to be fair to both classes). Of all things they should have given in to, they gave in to something they really shouldn't have.
Who Enjoys, Wins

C0llis

Up and down. Bounce all around

(3,334)

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Saturday, July 4th 2015, 1:18am

C4 + ammo is not inherently unbalanced. It worked perfectly fine in BF3. It is a problem with how C4 is implemented and the resupply speed, and even then it is mostly a case of explosives (obviously) being effective on clustered infantry maps with high playercounts and lots of chokepoints.

Things people said

And reading Youtube comments still gives me Turbo Cancer.

It really is quite frustrating when Helen Keller sets up her LMG in the only doorway in/out of an area.

What kind of question is that? Since when is cheese ever a bad idea?

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

• "JRavens" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jul 23rd 2012

Battlelog:

Saturday, July 4th 2015, 2:03am

I wanted to circle back to this quickly. I'll just agree to disagree with some of the comments and let it go at that. Everyone's play experience and skill set is different. I'm not the greatest Battlefield player nor will I ever be, but I DO pride myself in being attentive in a vehicle especially BECAUSE of the very problem which is frustrating me.

In regards to being outplayed - These guys who do get me are almost always spotted by me, but I'm unable to kill them fast enough before they detonate. Sure it can be argued that they outplayed me by sneaking close enough in the first place, but then one has to ask "have you seen BF4 maps??" There's virtually nowhere you can go that someone can't find a snake route to you. Unless you hill camp or park in a field. And if you do that not only are you not PTFO or helping your team, but you're also jet bait. If you play a conquest map with more than 32 players then forget it - there will be swarms or screaming recon/support bombs hurling themselves at you with C4 in both hands and dynamite strapped to their chests. This game is giving me VGTSD

The "creativity" (trollish-ness) I've experienced includes everything from guys ditching jets just so they could kill us both with C4 to heli-bombing to tank gunners hopping out to disable or kill me when the fighting gets too close. Under ever damn rock, in every crater and shadowed corner is a suicide bomb waiting for me.

As far as tanks (I've been killed in every vehicle with C4) I don't even run what I want anymore because of my annoyance with it. Now I run smart shell (fast, stable and doesn't require much aiming and one pops a C4 jeep), thermal (I'm old goddammit I need zoom I tell you) and proxy on my gunner spot which I switch to if I idle anywhere. In fact the only way I can impede the situation is to keep moving which is I suppose a standard rule of thumb anyway, but when tanking your attention can get pulled into a firefight pretty easily.

Anyway I'm not saying this change would ever happen. It won't. Just that I wish it would because I find it a cheesy unrealistic nonsense tactic.

On the flip side I use C4 too (who wouldn't), but I always try to plant and clear. I rarely jihad either. I dunno just me but it's way more satisfying to ninja plant C4 or SLAMs on an enemy and achieve the kill. I can't control how others play however. So yeah I get it "suck it up buttercup"

Just lamenting about what I hate and what *I* personally ME feel would make sense to alleviate or reduce the problem.

Having said all of that my other opinions are:

1) There's way too much explosive spam and everyone knows this. Equipping 50% of the enemy team with C4 exacerbates this problem.

2) C4 is too ridiculously useful of a gadget to warrant picking much else. Meaning a great deal of the other gadgets suck. At least for Support some other choices are nearly as trolly, but just underpowered or nerfed.

3) Being able to toss C4 or at least toss it so far is silly. Really at the very least it should be planted or having a tiny throw range. Not that it would do much for what I was qq-ing about. But hurling it over rocks and down staircases is a bit much. I had a guy toss it up through a second story window on me on Golmund. WTH?

Anyway on with the show.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,325)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Saturday, July 4th 2015, 2:16am

If you play a conquest map with more than 32 players then forget it - there will be swarms or screaming recon/support bombs hurling themselves at you with C4 in both hands and dynamite strapped to their chests. This game is giving me VGTSD

In recent memory, I have only encountered 2 people willing to rush me with C4 while I was in the MAA. Both failed.

I cannot help but think you are exaggerating the frequency that you see C4 bombers.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Krolman

Cannot into Rankine

(501)

Date of registration
: Dec 19th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Saturday, July 4th 2015, 7:15am

The time it takes to throw a C4 and detonate a RPG is more effective

Apparently we do have a facebook... You should go ahead and like it

Oh look and a twitter... Yeah follow us there too pls

If only people would talk back it wouldn't be so lonely.[In B4 I get overwhelmed]

"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish." - Euripides, Bacchae

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."- Harlan Ellison

Things that I support

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

intel best ethernet controllers

ammo regen pls

TL;DR: all vehicles in BF4 are screwed up in some way or another.

I know I shouldn't be surprised that something like that even exists but.... 8|

You're just a spreadsheet baddie.

Date of registration
: Jan 27th 2013

Battlelog:

Saturday, July 4th 2015, 10:27am

I think this would make people even more aggressive with C4 because they don't have to worry about whether they're far enough away to detonate it and they can just throw C4 and spam left mouse button while running the other way.

Hau_ruck

Tow me daddy!

(1,090)

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Saturday, July 4th 2015, 2:22pm

maybe actually bother to penalize players for suicides? they should lose points and/ or have to wait for a while to respawn.

personally the fact that the graphic seem to bug out a lot making mines invisible bother me more. slams need to do way less damage to vehicles considering they often seem to glitch into the ground and therefore become invisible.

the jihad jeep thing is one main reason i use cannister on my IFVs now. it shreds them sooooo fast whereas the other IFV cannons are garbage against them