Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

marbleduck

Smoked Salmon Best Salmon

(1,514)

• "marbleduck" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 25th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Wednesday, June 24th 2015, 2:21am

CTE - Dragon Valley 2015 Discussion

Thought it might be nice to have a concatenation of our observations whilst playing the map.

I've had the opportunity to play this map a few times, once as infy and much more as scout helo, once with Zormau, and here's what I've found:

-The two "central" flags on the temple island are EXTREMELY good for infantry, and are also an extremely good spot for the AH-6J (but not the Z11--more on this later) to farm squishies

-Issues with collision meshes on outside region, and some issues with miniguns not penetrating the trees on the central island

-Z11 is at a distinct disadvantage, and must stay closer to RU base. AH6J can pivot around said central island with relative ease b/c it's got a ton of water behind it, but the Z11 is forced back, as it's much easier for US armor to flank around the island

-SU-50 spawns are positioned such that the jet can *barely* take off

-US Carrier (air) spawns are perhaps a bit too far out, and flags are difficult to immediately access by US armor. Russians can spawn right near flags

-Armor and Infantry are separated extremely well, and for an all-vehicles map, it's very fun to play as scout heli and infantry

I'm very much enjoying the way this plays, which is surprising, considering that I usually hate maps of this size. I feel like the exterior flags will often be disregarded by infantry, however, as the two central points are so interesting to play in.

Platoon Marble Duck

Hate Mail

"you obviously don't know what an argument is as there is only one person battling. Do you really fucking think I want subs? You think you can act all big and powerful just because you sit on a computer at least 6 hours a day like the probably nerdy unwanted retard you are with 4.3k subs? You think 4.3k subs is a lot? LOL you need medicine man. I don't want any subs as i just have a google account for other media and writing comments. Think twice before you act. You even said in your video you aren't that great of a player, and the comments agree you aren't. Maybe you should once again think twice before you act, stop being such an annoying, ignorant bastard that everyone wants to shut up, and god, literally, just shut up. Your voice gave me a headache :s"

"As a youtuber shouldn't be trying to be reeling in your viewers with exciting stuff being said not your boring ass commentary for your video"

"The more you watch his vid the dumber he gets I swear he's borderline autistic look I got shot behind cover beacuase thin sheets metal are unpenetrable. Bf4 is just as quiet and tactical as bf3 random explosion in the background . Player has dissconected from chat
You started playing bf3 and never touched bfc1/2. Please do yourself a favor and shutdown your generic cod channel down"

"Nice clickb8 Faggot w8ting for your shit tier video to disable comments . Fucking newfag cancer go play some cod you activisiom cock faggot"

"I don't see why he [MarbleDuck] always tries to shit on levelcap he is better and has a million more subs...and also "there isnt a best gun in she game there are guns that are better that others at different engagement distances" yes thats true and whichever is the best/most average at all of them is the "best gun""

"Marbleduck you don't know shit lol levelcap knows more than you do you cant talk about how someone puts up garbage when you do yourself your a newcomer to YouTube acting like you know shit step up in the food chain first then you have the right to talk otherwise your just a fish trying to compete with sharks"

"Why don't we just witness "LevelCap vs MarbleDuck" One on One both on Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4 seen as there is so much Controversy about the Two Youtubers"

"stfu cunt, BF3 was way better end of discussion"

"Stfu man, you're be littleing the most looked upon Battlefield Youtuber. No one cares about you, how much of an ego you have, or quite frankly your opinion. It's a fucking game.... Does it really fucking matter? Pathetic man."

"fuck you asshole, dont talk shit about total"

"Wtf is your problem? You have no subs and he has millions, yet you pick on him like some kind of stubborn, ignorant, rude child born with a silver spoon is his mouth. It's easy to do that, for example... You said there was no background noise yet there is. You say you're a fairly good player, you're not."

"please talk like a normal person and not like a professional"

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "marbleduck" (Jun 24th 2015, 4:37pm)

CobaltRose

I'll be there... around every corner... in every empty room...

(1,219)

Date of registration
: Nov 8th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Wednesday, June 24th 2015, 4:02am

-it's much easier for US armor to flank around the island

-US Carrier spawns are perhaps a bit too far out. Russians can spawn right near flags
"Now that's what I call balance!" - DICE Map Designer, June 2015
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

Memorable Quotes

I once tried to burn a bridge, but due to the half-assed levolution implementation it kept standing up just fine.

Compared to the MTAR, the PDR has the TTK of your average pack of cigarettes.

The World Champion, on the Tactical Light:
"Oh don't mind me, I'm just out of ammo and I'll just POCKET SUN!!!!"

What can't be changed can be banned.

I'm completely serious. Well, seriously insane actually :P

If only more people left the wheel chair, adjustable hospital bed, and crutches behind and played HC. (aka Regen, Minimap, Killcam)

Natalia Poklonskaya:
Putin the cute in prosecute since 2014.

I can't look at my own avatar without having to pee. GG Me. GG.

I swear to god if you reply with a picture of the AEK I'll mail you a buttplug shaped like one.

The one time when "it's only three inches" is a good thing.

How do you guys control your FAMAS burst length since it fires its mag in just 1,5 seconds))
I consider each magazine a burst. :/

This is Symthic, we don't do "feels" around here ;)

Riesig

Random Signature Generator

(814)

Date of registration
: Mar 8th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Wednesday, June 24th 2015, 5:40am

Holy crap didn't realize that Dragon Valley will return!
I'm a tsundere tentacle

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2014

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Wednesday, June 24th 2015, 8:49am

As far as I know, Dragon Pass from CR DLC is already a re-imagination of Dragon Valley.

So we get the same as we already got, but with a different clothing. I want Variation, but this isnt it.

Or does Dragon Valley bring something new on the table?
still playin' Motorstorm

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Wednesday, June 24th 2015, 1:11pm

@ARE5R06

The two maps look nothing alike and feel very different. Their layouts are very different, as DV has a lot more elevation and deeper and wider water. I feel that it's also considerably easier to advance from point to point as infantry in Dragon Valley, despite the huge distances. There are also, as MarbleDuck said, two points on the temple island that are a great playground for infantry with rather little armor involved.
Zormau - Battlelog / Battlefield 4

Memorable quotes not taken yet:

Of course, this ignores the non-constant cross-sectional first moment of area across the chest as well as non-constant material properties of the boob; it would be difficult to perform a more detailed analysis (as in, I'd have to have a shape function AND I'd need to derive a function for elastic modulus as a function of lateral breast coordinate) but whatever. It's 2am and I'm lazy.

I always believed science should be very hands on experience.

You should also answer this question I had posed in that thread: Would you be willing to pay your surgeon more if he was going to use a chainsaw for the opening incision of surgery? Clearly using a chainsaw isn't truly suited for surgery but that doesn't really matter. If he's "skilled" enough to be able to use the wrong tools of the trade, he should be rewarded for that skill right?

Date of registration
: Nov 25th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Wednesday, June 24th 2015, 4:25pm

Two issues:

1. How is this going to work on PS3 / Xbox 360? They can't even maintain 20 FPS, a huge map like this is going to either be tiny or not released at all (despite not running regardless of what they do, outside of reduce the required specs to within those of these systems).

2. TheRa1der put out a video regarding this, and I have to agree with him on some points (see spoiler below for video). Infinite visibility and allowing scrubs to "jam to activate visual handicap assistance mode" AKA 3D spotting is bullshit and will ruin the thrill of a large map quite quickly. Some special considerations need to be taken here to avoid this and make stealthy gameplay more useful and rewarding because a large map should have lots of places to hide without constantly being spotted; even if someone manages to spot you from close range, some kid 1000m away can see the dorito when he shouldn't have the slightest idea where you are because you aren't even in render distance.

My response to K/D bragging: "It's kinda hard to maintain a high K/D without ammo..." | Top 1% Resupplies PS3 - Proud to be a team player

Date of registration
: Mar 25th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Wednesday, June 24th 2015, 4:38pm

I"m guessing the map will be smaller and have fewer flags on 360 and PS3. 8 flags won't work for 16 v 16.

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 17

Wednesday, June 24th 2015, 4:39pm

As far as Iknow the map will not be available on the old consoles.
[Aristocrat's Shoes]
TLDR -
Teamwork is where players function by themselves, but their effectiveness is multiplied when they work together. Not a checklist of "did we bring a healer so we can start playing?"

marbleduck

Smoked Salmon Best Salmon

(1,514)

• "marbleduck" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Wednesday, June 24th 2015, 4:41pm

TheRa1der put out a video regarding this,

I hate it when people put special characters in video titles.

"Now that's what I call balance!" - DICE Map Designer, June 2015

I meant that the US Air spawns were really far back; the US armor spawns, less so. The Russians, meanwhile, have immediate helidrop abilities onto the main flags.

Platoon Marble Duck

Hate Mail

"you obviously don't know what an argument is as there is only one person battling. Do you really fucking think I want subs? You think you can act all big and powerful just because you sit on a computer at least 6 hours a day like the probably nerdy unwanted retard you are with 4.3k subs? You think 4.3k subs is a lot? LOL you need medicine man. I don't want any subs as i just have a google account for other media and writing comments. Think twice before you act. You even said in your video you aren't that great of a player, and the comments agree you aren't. Maybe you should once again think twice before you act, stop being such an annoying, ignorant bastard that everyone wants to shut up, and god, literally, just shut up. Your voice gave me a headache :s"

"As a youtuber shouldn't be trying to be reeling in your viewers with exciting stuff being said not your boring ass commentary for your video"

"The more you watch his vid the dumber he gets I swear he's borderline autistic look I got shot behind cover beacuase thin sheets metal are unpenetrable. Bf4 is just as quiet and tactical as bf3 random explosion in the background . Player has dissconected from chat
You started playing bf3 and never touched bfc1/2. Please do yourself a favor and shutdown your generic cod channel down"

"Nice clickb8 Faggot w8ting for your shit tier video to disable comments . Fucking newfag cancer go play some cod you activisiom cock faggot"

"I don't see why he [MarbleDuck] always tries to shit on levelcap he is better and has a million more subs...and also "there isnt a best gun in she game there are guns that are better that others at different engagement distances" yes thats true and whichever is the best/most average at all of them is the "best gun""

"Marbleduck you don't know shit lol levelcap knows more than you do you cant talk about how someone puts up garbage when you do yourself your a newcomer to YouTube acting like you know shit step up in the food chain first then you have the right to talk otherwise your just a fish trying to compete with sharks"

"Why don't we just witness "LevelCap vs MarbleDuck" One on One both on Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4 seen as there is so much Controversy about the Two Youtubers"

"stfu cunt, BF3 was way better end of discussion"

"Stfu man, you're be littleing the most looked upon Battlefield Youtuber. No one cares about you, how much of an ego you have, or quite frankly your opinion. It's a fucking game.... Does it really fucking matter? Pathetic man."

"fuck you asshole, dont talk shit about total"

"Wtf is your problem? You have no subs and he has millions, yet you pick on him like some kind of stubborn, ignorant, rude child born with a silver spoon is his mouth. It's easy to do that, for example... You said there was no background noise yet there is. You say you're a fairly good player, you're not."

"please talk like a normal person and not like a professional"

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Wednesday, June 24th 2015, 5:28pm

As far as Iknow the map will not be available on the old consoles.

You tend to be at the breast of information, so I have to take it serious.

That's very sad. I've never played BF2 and therefore I was looking forward to it. Especially as I thought, this is less of an issue due to the port.

Is it the same with Community Map Project and Night Maps Project?
still playin' Motorstorm