Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Mar 25th 2015

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Monday, June 22nd 2015, 5:54pm

We should have access to recon gadgets. They are meant for support after all.

My Loadout never changes, Ammo box and C4. Everything else is just gimmick and useless. Dice really should re visit the support class and make it actually useful.

Occasionally I would try out the mp aps if our team is doing good but it's extremely situational to use and most of the time you or your team won't get anything out of it.

Or...we could just fuse the Recon ans Support class together. If DICE won't make the support gadgets matter, the class has no real reason to exist. As for Recon, the bolt-actions aren't particularly better than DMRs.

I would keep these gadgets:

Ammo Box
Ammo Pack
C4 Explosive
M18 Claymore
Micro Air Vehicle
PLD
XM25
T-UGS
Ballistic Shield

As for the bolt-actions, they would have to be merged with DMRs somehow. Hopefully they can be kept as-is.

Date of registration
: Dec 19th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Monday, June 22nd 2015, 6:01pm

XM25 Dart went from 9*12.5 max dmg to 15*8.4 max dmg and like all other shotguns has a tighter cone and damage dropoff now.

Hmm I didn't know they buffed it. That's actually pretty nice.

• "AmmuNOPE" started this thread

Date of registration
: Nov 25th 2014

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Monday, June 22nd 2015, 6:17pm

Excellent post, I agree with the whole thing.

An alternate buff to the M224 that would avoid the tedious damage-balance issue (though damage should be a little better) would be to give it alternate rounds, like how it had Smoke in BF3. On top of Smoke, it should also have Incendiary and Flare.

The problem with Support is it's an amazing jack-of-all-trades Carbine/C4/Ammobox class (especially with auto-heal)... yet pretty much utter shit at actual, proper support roles. Ironically, that role it excels at it support to be Recon's Spec-Ops role, and by cutting into that it makes Recon even less relevant and more defined by useless sniper camping.

If all non-gun gadgets, including C4, regenerated like the Defibs, UCAV, SUAV, and Health/Ammo Boxes/Packs, that would put Recon on top for Carbine/C4 use without really nerfing Support. It would also help encourage use of other Support gadgets besides the Ammo Box, which would be great alongside buff to them.
I agree with most of it. However, allowing all gadgets to autoregen would further encourage support to take two gadgets without an ammo crate. It's really annoying to pick up a kit from a dead support and get something really dumb like C4 + claymores when you're the only one on the server capable of staying alive long enough to run out of ammo. That's why I always play support, most players probably don't even know what ammo is because they are never forced to conserve it, they just die and get more in a perpetual loop of disregard for proper movement and subsequent death.
My response to K/D bragging: "It's kinda hard to maintain a high K/D without ammo..." | Top 1% Resupplies PS3 - Proud to be a team player

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2014

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Monday, June 22nd 2015, 7:16pm

UCAV being a flying C4 is fine. Balance by redeploy time is fine too. The time just needs to be adressed. 30s for first use, 60s for following would be fine.

Mortar... well, increase dmg output; decrease projectile pool! Just enjoy picking off the players using it wrong. I suggest redeploy time like UCAV.

XM25 Airburst: Whats your problem with it? it does hardly any damage to vehicles and nuking sb out of cover is a joy. M320 deals more threat, as it can kill with one grenade. Thats not the case with XM25. I see no problem here and the game should be balanced around all maps and circumstances, where the XM25 is in great condition. Nerfing it just because of Metro/Locker is dragging down the choice of gadgets for support even further.
still playin' Motorstorm

CobaltRose

I'll be there... around every corner... in every empty room...

(1,219)

Date of registration
: Nov 8th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Monday, June 22nd 2015, 7:38pm

An alternate buff to the M224 that would avoid the tedious damage-balance issue (though damage should be a little better) would be to give it alternate rounds, like how it had Smoke in BF3. On top of Smoke, it should also have Incendiary and Flare.
I think another cool option would be to give it a cluster munition like the mortars in Far Cry 4.

(side note: TIL how to aim that fucking thing...)
I can see something like this trading fire rate, reload time and capacity for the ability to cluster-bomb a wide area with shrapnel -- make it effective as an instant area denial tool against infantry while making HE rounds more effective against armor.

As for C4: personally I would like to see it have its damage per brick reduced against heavy armor on top of nerfing its resupply time. Support can effectively steal the show from Engineer with their ability to kill tanks and instantly have a way to get those bricks back, and nerfing the damage could open up some interesting teamplay options. 30% per brick would make the Recon Spec Ops upgrade more viable to kill tanks outright, and 90% for a standard inventory is enough for a disable and assist-counts-as-kill if the tank was already damaged or if you have an engineer ready to finish it off.
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

Memorable Quotes

I once tried to burn a bridge, but due to the half-assed levolution implementation it kept standing up just fine.

Compared to the MTAR, the PDR has the TTK of your average pack of cigarettes.

The World Champion, on the Tactical Light:
"Oh don't mind me, I'm just out of ammo and I'll just POCKET SUN!!!!"

What can't be changed can be banned.

I'm completely serious. Well, seriously insane actually :P

If only more people left the wheel chair, adjustable hospital bed, and crutches behind and played HC. (aka Regen, Minimap, Killcam)

Natalia Poklonskaya:
Putin the cute in prosecute since 2014.

I can't look at my own avatar without having to pee. GG Me. GG.

I swear to god if you reply with a picture of the AEK I'll mail you a buttplug shaped like one.

The one time when "it's only three inches" is a good thing.

How do you guys control your FAMAS burst length since it fires its mag in just 1,5 seconds))
I consider each magazine a burst. :/

This is Symthic, we don't do "feels" around here ;)

Date of registration
: Feb 19th 2014

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Monday, June 22nd 2015, 8:05pm

I think another cool option would be to give it a cluster munition like the mortars in Far Cry 4.

(side note: TIL how to aim that fucking thing...)
I can see something like this trading fire rate, reload time and capacity for the ability to cluster-bomb a wide area with shrapnel -- make it effective as an instant area denial tool against infantry while making HE rounds more effective against armor.

As for C4: personally I would like to see it have its damage per brick reduced against heavy armor on top of nerfing its resupply time. Support can effectively steal the show from Engineer with their ability to kill tanks and instantly have a way to get those bricks back, and nerfing the damage could open up some interesting teamplay options. 30% per brick would make the Recon Spec Ops upgrade more viable to kill tanks outright, and 90% for a standard inventory is enough for a disable and assist-counts-as-kill if the tank was already damaged or if you have an engineer ready to finish it off.

Unfortunately, one engineer cannot take out a competent tank singlehandedly. Despite all efforts, most engineers tend to refuse to work together, so c4 from supports has become the go to answer for guerilla warfare tactics where the tank has to be taken out immediately. Seems to me like c4 wouldnt be so good if people played the game like it was intended
In modern USA, the Pig roasts you!

Who loves a good ole custom chainsaw!

Spoiler Spoiler

Date of registration
: Dec 19th 2013

Battlelog:

Tuesday, June 23rd 2015, 6:31am

Tried out some XM25 dart

It makes for an amazing combination for support holy shit. U-100/RPK 12 long range, mares leg/magnum medium range, xm 25 dart up close. Many combinations to try too.

Date of registration
: Sep 3rd 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Tuesday, June 23rd 2015, 7:29am

I agree with the comment on how the support class isn't actually good at supporting the team.

The two gadgets with the most potential for teamwork (ballistic shield and MP-APS) are so laughably bad that they are never used, except by masochists. There's a bunch of indirect fire weapons, which is fine, but there's no real option for laying down smoke at a distance (the XM25 version is pathetic) which could really help with the support aspect of the class. C4 is the gadget with the most utility and hence it gets used the most, but it is not supportive in nature and fits much better thematically on the recon alone.

I really, really wish that DICE would have made a gadget for the support class that created some sort of stationary defensive emplacement. A stationary ballistic shield, sandbagging or the like. Something to protect infantry, while also having great synergy with bipodded LMGs. Alas.

For a class with so many gadgets that all have so much potential, the support class in BF4 is a mess.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,320)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Tuesday, June 23rd 2015, 8:32am

For a class with so many gadgets that all have so much potential, the support class in BF4 is a mess.

If you consider carrying the team to be "support" then I suppose it works out nicely.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Jun 29th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Tuesday, June 23rd 2015, 3:42pm

Support does a fine job supporting because the game is still based around their ability to replenish ammo/gadgets

Every gadget from every class is balanced around this fact - INCLUDING support's own gadgets. it's always going to be a crutch. Support is fine - it's just limited because one of your two gadgets pretty much HAS to be ammo. so now you're stuck picking ONE of the various specific use-case gadgets, because none of them left are multi-purpose.

I think it's hilarious that people laughed at me for creating a thread on suggesting a 3rd gadget slot or making ammo/health/repair tool standard. yeah....look who's laughing now