Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2014

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Sunday, June 21st 2015, 3:55pm

With the current retail patch, FLIR IRNV got nerfed. So no reason to call it OP. In fact I still use IRNV in tanks, although I miss the old FLIR

I feel like they were buffed. Terrain detail is incredibly degraded, but I feel like it picks people up from farther away now.

No, just no. Both became much inferior, simply because the terrain is a pain to distinguish now.

The whole game lacks in contrast and saturation and FLIR/IRNV have lost the last amount of contrast needed. Just enemies and a lot of scrap is shiny in there.

And on top of that, the distance is abysmal.

Tbh, I dont get it, why they have been nerfed even further with the current patch.
still playin' Motorstorm

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 17

Sunday, June 21st 2015, 4:00pm

Because they were garbage, relying on light sources, which made them inconsistent.
[Aristocrat's Shoes]
TLDR -
Teamwork is where players function by themselves, but their effectiveness is multiplied when they work together. Not a checklist of "did we bring a healer so we can start playing?"

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Sunday, June 21st 2015, 4:08pm

Because they were garbage, relying on light sources, which made them inconsistent.

I didnt know that. The only good thing of them now.

But this doesnt help with the issue of terribad terrain visibility and abysmal distance.
still playin' Motorstorm

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 17

Sunday, June 21st 2015, 4:16pm

[Aristocrat's Shoes]
TLDR -
Teamwork is where players function by themselves, but their effectiveness is multiplied when they work together. Not a checklist of "did we bring a healer so we can start playing?"

Date of registration
: Nov 25th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Sunday, June 21st 2015, 6:32pm

On one hand, there's nothing wrong with using a feature of the game. On the other, target acquisition is a very important part of any FPS and you're kinda screwed if you can't do so efficiently without IR.
My response to K/D bragging: "It's kinda hard to maintain a high K/D without ammo..." | Top 1% Resupplies PS3 - Proud to be a team player

Date of registration
: Mar 25th 2015

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Monday, June 22nd 2015, 4:22am

On one hand, there's nothing wrong with using a feature of the game. On the other, target acquisition is a very important part of any FPS and you're kinda screwed if you can't do so efficiently without IR.

Case in point, Metro/Locker. Considering everyone spams the crap out of smoke, IR sights are pretty much a must.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Monday, June 22nd 2015, 4:29am

Case in point, Metro/Locker. Considering everyone spams the crap out of smoke, IR sights are pretty much a must.

So spam Flares, or use the Flashlight or Laser you probably already have equipped. Locker/Metro are extremely easy to counter night vision on because everyone's looking in the same place.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration
: Mar 25th 2015

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Monday, June 22nd 2015, 4:44am

@ BleedingUranium

So basically, it comes down to which team has the best players?

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Monday, June 22nd 2015, 5:09am

@ BleedingUranium

So basically, it comes down to which team has the best players?

Best at adapting to the situation, yes. The vast majority of complaints about "interesting" tools, like night vision, are a result of people not adapting and just expecting their same tactics to work in all situations. Everyone using ARs and Carbines while complaining about Shotguns, Sniper Rifles, and even MGs is another common example.

People want one option to rule them all. But it has to be their preferred option.
Who Enjoys, Wins