Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Mesmus" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 19th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Saturday, June 20th 2015, 11:01am

Using the FLIR sight cheating?

My eyes are terribad at picking up movement or distinguishing players from the environment and this sight just makes it much more smooth to acquire a target. But I get flak from using it people think it's just stupid and not just the random low levels but the good experienced colonel's too.

Date of registration
: Jun 15th 2015

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Saturday, June 20th 2015, 11:27am

They're just scrubs. Perhaps not in skillset, but definitely in mindset. Don't let anyone dissuade you from using in-game advantages in your favor.

I have a similar problem with target awareness sometimes. I like running T-UGS/motion sensors to help me clue in on where I should be looking. Perhaps that might also be of use to you?

C0llis

Up and down. Bounce all around

(3,334)

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Saturday, June 20th 2015, 11:52am

A player being high rank is no proof that he's not a scrub.

FLIR/IRNV is fine, there are plenty of drawbacks to them and on normal mode target acquisition is not that hard even with regular sights du up to the doritos. With FLIR/IRNV you get easier identification while ADS and through smoke but you pay for it with reduced peripheral vision, vulnerability to lasers, slow ads, a hard cap on the range you can see enemies from and problems with seeing terrain while ads.

Things people said

And reading Youtube comments still gives me Turbo Cancer.

It really is quite frustrating when Helen Keller sets up her LMG in the only doorway in/out of an area.

What kind of question is that? Since when is cheese ever a bad idea?

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

Date of registration
: Feb 19th 2014

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Saturday, June 20th 2015, 1:41pm

this is actually a good idea. I have the same problem on days where i have a headache
In modern USA, the Pig roasts you!

Who loves a good ole custom chainsaw!

Spoiler Spoiler

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2014

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Saturday, June 20th 2015, 1:42pm

With the current retail patch, FLIR IRNV got nerfed. So no reason to call it OP. In fact I still use IRNV in tanks, although I miss the old FLIR
still playin' Motorstorm

Date of registration
: Oct 6th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Saturday, June 20th 2015, 6:43pm

IRNV works better at all ranges than FLIR currently. Baddies with AEK moan whenever they die to something other than an AR.

When using the IRNV use the rangefinder to keep yourself at a distance advantageous to you.

ViperFTW

Suidae cathexis

(2,737)

Date of registration
: Jul 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Sunday, June 21st 2015, 1:25am

Is it a legitimate part of the game? If "Yes" then its not cheating!
Its as simple as that. People don't like it? Then fuck 'em :P

...But you are allowed to moan about them! That is part of the fun, after all! :D

Everybody's Favourite Worthless Support and LMG Fan! :thumbsup:

Song currently stuck in my head is: Red Cold River by Breaking Benjamin!

Date of registration
: Jul 28th 2014

Reputation modifier: 5

Sunday, June 21st 2015, 5:57am

With the current retail patch, FLIR IRNV got nerfed. So no reason to call it OP. In fact I still use IRNV in tanks, although I miss the old FLIR

I feel like they were buffed. Terrain detail is incredibly degraded, but I feel like it picks people up from farther away now.

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,796)

Date of registration
: Dec 16th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Sunday, June 21st 2015, 12:08pm

If it was so good, everyone would use them. But they don't, because it's pretty much shit unless you're in the perfect situation (short range, dark area and smoke to see through, pretty much metro or prison)

Instead they use high ROF assault rifles with low powered open scopes so they can spray lasers and actually see things all around them

Quoted

(14:06:57) Riesig: I should stop now. People might get sig material again

Date of registration
: Jan 27th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Sunday, June 21st 2015, 1:13pm

But they don't, because it's pretty much shit unless you're in the perfect situation (short range, dark area and smoke to see through, pretty much metro or prison)
Or if you're using a DMR/SR338. Really wanted to like the SR338 after the fire rate upgrade but it was still shit, until I put the FLIR on it.