Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Naver36" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 6th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Thursday, May 28th 2015, 4:49pm

Symthic's opinions on May 26th patch.

This started off as a "What pissed you off today?" post, but I then decided I wanted to hear other people's opinions and derailing Off-topic thread to a Battlefield-related discussion wasn't right. And the patch notes thread is about patch notes and technical stuff.

So... The worst part about the patch is by far the reactions I'm reading on reddit. Holy hell... so many complaints:

- you can't see anything with IRNV/FLIR;
- SRAW is not usable anymore;
- jets are horrible now, their physics are ruined, cannons are weak against everything and JDAMs suck;
- stealth is impossible;
- tracers look like lasers and you can see everyone;
- PDWs are nerfed;
- visual recoil is back;
- TV missiles are ruined;
- small modes are worse because they cut off the roofs;
- gun x has been nerfed;
- gun y has been buffed;
- it's a game for casuals now;
- they ruined Battlefield!;
- BF4 was the best BF, now it's the worst;
- Hardline now looks better;
- they ruined it so people by Hardline;
- DICE hates Engineers and vehicles, love Assaults.

Surprisingly, the mob hasn't noticed suppression yet? I mean, it's not easy to notice it, but you'd think they would complain anyway the moment that word has been mentioned in the patch notes... they probably didn't read them.

There is surely some stuff I missed. This video sums it up so well, but I don't think I've seen so much hate for a patch yet. And the worst part is, I think it's a great patch myself so far. My only gripes so far (I haven't tried vehicles yet and they seem to be "ruined" the most):

- SRAW could be nerfed differently, but I'll adapt;
- tracers are... weird? I think I liked the last ones more. Not a huge deal though, the 3P tracers don't seem to be much more pronounced as people say they are...
- "netcode" does some wonky stuff. Every times I played it seemed like I played against high-pingers - they killed me super quick with uber fast reactions or I did that to them, not many situations where I killed the enemy and he hurt me. Also the point feed is now lagged compared to the kills themselves I think. At least it was for me. It could be just a placebo or bad luck, I'll have to play more to judge.

Other stuff in the patch (that I've tried) I like. Maaybe the patch really ruined Battlefield!, but some of the complaints are so clearly stupid and clueless. They made the weapon balance better and gunplay more skillful, removed auto callouts, nerfed spotting and people say it's now for casuals and stealth is impossible. I don't fucking even... Or my personal favorite - people complaining about not seeing anything on FLIR and posting... them looking at a wall. I'll take a break reading reddit now, before I get a heart attack, it's just not worth it.

And what about you? Do you like the patch? What do you think about these and other complaints? Do you agree with them? Do you have your own?

Edit: "1398 hours since launch. Now this patch however was good for casual players and newer players but it truly fucked over the veteran players and dedicated players" Naver, that's enough, stop reading this...

This post has been edited 4 times, last edit by "Naver36" (May 28th 2015, 5:02pm)

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Thursday, May 28th 2015, 5:02pm

Misinformation, preconceived notions/biases and a general opposition towards change are what I see on Battlelog. Am I lucky to have avoided the BF4 reddit since the patch launched?

The video you linked is pretty representative of what's up on BLog, but I'd add this: youtube clicky

The youtubers I've seen so far have not even been as wrong as I thought they'd be. Let's see what the future holds.

PP-2000 is love, PP-2000 is life.
Saiga-12 is love, Saiga-12 is life.
RPK is love, RPK is life.
Zormau - Battlelog / Battlefield 4

Memorable quotes not taken yet:

Of course, this ignores the non-constant cross-sectional first moment of area across the chest as well as non-constant material properties of the boob; it would be difficult to perform a more detailed analysis (as in, I'd have to have a shape function AND I'd need to derive a function for elastic modulus as a function of lateral breast coordinate) but whatever. It's 2am and I'm lazy.

I always believed science should be very hands on experience.

You should also answer this question I had posed in that thread: Would you be willing to pay your surgeon more if he was going to use a chainsaw for the opening incision of surgery? Clearly using a chainsaw isn't truly suited for surgery but that doesn't really matter. If he's "skilled" enough to be able to use the wrong tools of the trade, he should be rewarded for that skill right?

Date of registration
: Jan 15th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Thursday, May 28th 2015, 6:03pm

The patch feels really good to me personally. I just switched back to the trusty SMAW which was usually the better option anyway because the SRAW changing seem a bit overboard but not a huge deal. The UCAV nerf freaking sucks, no other was to put it is just plain retarded.

Every other complaint part of the patch is peoples dumb biases, jets are much closer in line balance wise. TV are IMHO better, more maneuverability in a trade for less range, yes please. PDW's which I already used due to the excellent hipfire are monsters now. The new RPK is basically the best gun in the game now. Suppression is back. Shotguns that were already underrated by the average player kill everything now. So many good changes. Give me grenade and UCAV timers and BF4 would be pretty much complete at that point.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "KMRblue1027" (May 28th 2015, 6:25pm)

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 17

Thursday, May 28th 2015, 6:19pm

10/10 patch
[Aristocrat's Shoes]
TLDR -
Teamwork is where players function by themselves, but their effectiveness is multiplied when they work together. Not a checklist of "did we bring a healer so we can start playing?"

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Thursday, May 28th 2015, 6:29pm

only change i don't like is ucav change, feels kind of extreme, they just kept nerfing it more and more since the release(like bf3 usas)
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,584)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 17

Thursday, May 28th 2015, 6:41pm

10/10 patch

Totally not biased, much like my opinion on the patch which is a subjective observation after three rounds of being gangbanged by three 4-player squads in helis etc along with my beloved 870 not working anymore as it used to, oh and had a bad day apparently.
No but really, tons of good fixes/updates and weapon balancing, not to mention tiggr complimented Symthic. :notbad:
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

CobaltRose

I'll be there... around every corner... in every empty room...

(1,219)

Date of registration
: Nov 8th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Thursday, May 28th 2015, 7:38pm

Initial thoughts:
- The crash fixes are godly. I've only had my game crash ONCE (before it was every other game or so) in the hours I've played since the patch. ONE TIME. I CAN FINALLY ENJOY THIS GAME AGAIN! 8o
- the UCAV/mortar change is annoying, not because I've been using them but because all the idiots living under a rock be like "so [insert faction here] can't use mortars now?" :cursing:
- MBT LAW now deals more damage when laser designated. Not enough to eclipse the Javelin mind you (30 vs. 50), but a great buff nonetheless.
- SO MANY TRACERS. It's like subliminal marketing for Battlefront. Wish they'd tone it down to only proc tracers every fifth bullet or so on automatic weapons like what the US military usually does IRL.
- The new weapons are awesome, but also are letdowns in some aspects:
>>> The Groza-1, while fun, is done unlocking all its base attachments after 60 kills -- even the sidearms have more base attachments than this thing -- and is confined to a run-and-gun play style. Not something I'd normally complain about, but I like having the option of a little versatility.
>>> Groza-4 feels kinda like an easier-to-use AS Val and the extra accuracy is a real boon, but the rapid damage dropoff of the 9x39mm damage model is a massive deal-breaker for ranged damage. Wish they'd bring this back up to 18 to make up for the Groza's and Val's lack of magazine size, but I know that's probably not going to happen.
>>> AN-94: Hopefully they'll add a nerfed bipod back in cuz I really wanna get my AR sniping groove on. Other than that, I'm having a real hard time getting a good RPM out of this thing on burst: partly user error, partly shitty equipment. Need to get my mouse replaced ASAP.
>>> Can't really speak on the L86: haven't put a lot of work on unlocking anything for this yet. Feels really accurate but as with its smaller brother that reload takes for-fucking-ever.
>>> Mare's Leg: scales worse than the Phantom bow in my books when it comes to disappointments. DICEPLS.

Overall though, this patch gets Cobalt's Seal of Approval. Just being able to play this game for multiple rounds at a time without crashing once... I'm at a loss for words.
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

Memorable Quotes

I once tried to burn a bridge, but due to the half-assed levolution implementation it kept standing up just fine.

Compared to the MTAR, the PDR has the TTK of your average pack of cigarettes.

The World Champion, on the Tactical Light:
"Oh don't mind me, I'm just out of ammo and I'll just POCKET SUN!!!!"

What can't be changed can be banned.

I'm completely serious. Well, seriously insane actually :P

If only more people left the wheel chair, adjustable hospital bed, and crutches behind and played HC. (aka Regen, Minimap, Killcam)

Natalia Poklonskaya:
Putin the cute in prosecute since 2014.

I can't look at my own avatar without having to pee. GG Me. GG.

I swear to god if you reply with a picture of the AEK I'll mail you a buttplug shaped like one.

The one time when "it's only three inches" is a good thing.

How do you guys control your FAMAS burst length since it fires its mag in just 1,5 seconds))
I consider each magazine a burst. :/

This is Symthic, we don't do "feels" around here ;)

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,974)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Thursday, May 28th 2015, 7:43pm

Christmas came early this year.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Apr 5th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Thursday, May 28th 2015, 8:46pm

The patch is tasty good. Especially with all the salt. :)

Date of registration
: May 28th 2015

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Thursday, May 28th 2015, 8:48pm

So... The worst part about the patch is by far the reactions I'm reading on reddit. Holy hell... so many complaints:

- you can't see anything with IRNV/FLIR;
- SRAW is not usable anymore;
- jets are horrible now, their physics are ruined, cannons are weak against everything and JDAMs suck;
- stealth is impossible;
- tracers look like lasers and you can see everyone;
- PDWs are nerfed;
- visual recoil is back;
- TV missiles are ruined;
- small modes are worse because they cut off the roofs;
- gun x has been nerfed;
- gun y has been buffed;
- it's a game for casuals now;
- they ruined Battlefield!;
- BF4 was the best BF, now it's the worst;
- Hardline now looks better;
- they ruined it so people by Hardline;
- DICE hates Engineers and vehicles, love Assaults.

/r/Battlefield_4 has been awful. I'm fairly certain the same person on there has complained about every bullet point you listed, along with repeating the mantras of 'Battlefield is now COD' and 'The CTE needs Veteran, and Skilful players'.

The patch has been fun thus far; Given me a reason to try out a few new vehicle and class load-outs.