Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Exyia" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jun 29th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Friday, May 29th 2015, 6:09pm

So many votes, so few posts :(

@Exyia
Wups I might have been biiiiit too obscure with my reply. You have a good point I said "Yes", but I am still sticking with "No" as it just wasn't really designed to be part of BF while it's still a useable tactic.
Also to add to why stealth is not so good: True, you don't show up on minimap when firing but my subjective observations suggest that majority of the players don't even look at the minimap...

yeah, but until we have actual demographic numbers on the playerbase, claims like that are always messy to use as an argument - so I left that out in my post(s)

I still don't agree with "just wasn't really designed to be part of BF", when they added a whole squad perk tree to encourage it (two if you count spec-ops for recon), and gave us the option of 3 smokes (I have used nothing but smokes forever - my battlelog stats show that; my kill count with grenades is vastly disproportionate to my weapon kills, shows very little use). I do everything to play to the strengths of a stealth playstyle, but all it's benefits just feel to completely collapse when one aspect fails

Weapons and Unlocks - Exyiaevox - Battlelog
/ Battlefield 4

I just think that the whole attempt at stealth completely collapses too easily. If you're Q spotted, EVERY benefit you were aiming for as a stealth player is completely gone. Visual vs Minimap vs Motion => one or more of any of these usually lead to another.

Q-spotted visually? Now you're on the minimap

Spotted on the minimap. All benefits of halving muzzle velocity are completely gone. You already have players moving in on your position. some might throw motion detection in your area as they approach

Not spotted visually or by motion? Open fire - tracers are easily spotted - you are Q spotted in return, start 2 steps above

The only thing you can hope for is oblivious players. The only thing the Shadow perk tree does well is "possibly" shorten that gap by 2 seconds from reduced spot time ("possibly", because if you're spotted elsewhere/another angle, you're still spotted)

Date of registration
: Sep 3rd 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Friday, May 29th 2015, 6:34pm

I don't think it's been mentioned yet, but I still don't get why we have "passive spotting" in the game, where someone is spotted on the minimap if an enemy is simply looking at him (not even pressing the spot button). This means even with a suppressor equipped, if the enemy you're shooting at returns fire he is bound to mouse over you, and therefore put you on the minimap. Only if you manage to shoot and kill someone with a suppressor before they can look at you can you be sure that you aren't on the minimap.

Does that seem right to anyone?

Another thing is how the infantry on the minimap are represented with a triangle that shows their facing. If they instead showed a circular 'blip' on the minimap, then you couldn't know which way the enemy was looking. This would mean that you'd have to proceed with more caution and you couldn't just blindly rely on the minimap.

Date of registration
: Mar 25th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Friday, May 29th 2015, 7:19pm

Does FH remove tracers?

I think suppressed weapons should not have tracers.

Lennox 203

Slow Learner

(306)

Date of registration
: Dec 11th 2011

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Friday, May 29th 2015, 8:38pm

I was using my Type-88 LMG with a suppressor and a Bipod, I could not see a fucking thing the tracers were so bright, it was constant stream of white!

Its a pain in the dick, but its a good counter to head glitchers and campers who hide in HC and you can never tell where they are coming from. I would imagine that a firefight must look crazy from the birds eye view of a MAV
"Ain't nothin' soft or sweet, I lift you off your feet
When I cock back the heat, whole crews retreat"

Date of registration
: Jun 12th 2013

Battlelog:

Friday, May 29th 2015, 9:31pm

The best way I have found lately to use suppressors is to use smoke grenades and the decoy gadget. You can create fake targets obstructed by smoke, then attack perpendicular to the distraction. Works best with support so you can refill smoke grenades and keep the chaos flowing. It may be harder to flank, but you can still bait people into ambushes.
The fact that someone has an opinion, doesn't make their opinion a fact. Making just arguments first requires an acknowledgement of intellectual humility, while valid arguments require you to not commit fallacies of logic and rhetoric.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Saturday, May 30th 2015, 12:24am

I don't think it's been mentioned yet, but I still don't get why we have "passive spotting" in the game, where someone is spotted on the minimap if an enemy is simply looking at him (not even pressing the spot button). This means even with a suppressor equipped, if the enemy you're shooting at returns fire he is bound to mouse over you, and therefore put you on the minimap. Only if you manage to shoot and kill someone with a suppressor before they can look at you can you be sure that you aren't on the minimap.

It's been reduced from max spot range (1200m) to only 100m, and it's there to represent targets you obviously know are there and are or are about to engage, but don't have the time to properly spot/tell your team. It's for people you're obviously aware of. This is what David/tigge said as well.

This change plus the new spotting cone at range has made spotting in general much less annoying and all over the place; you actually feel like you're spotted less, from being engaged and stuff less. It's a noticeable change even on the receiving end.

I do think Suppressors should remove tracers entirely. Aside from making gameplay sense, you're also loading different ammo (subsonic) anyway, so naturally you wouldn't load subsonic tracers. XM25 Smoke should be buffed too. Otherwise, stealth elements seem okay to me.
Who Enjoys, Wins

• "Exyia" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jun 29th 2013

Battlelog:

Sunday, May 31st 2015, 5:31am

I feel stupid for completely forgetting one of my biggest pet peeves

THE KILL CAM DURATION....arghhhhhh

omfg, if there's any offender of a stealth playstyle, it's the god damn length of the kill cam.

every stealth kill you make, you have to relocate for 5 seconds while they stare at your every move through the kill cam. get another during that time? great, now you've essentially refreshed the duration and another person is looking at you

let alone if you stumble upon a squad that communicates. good luck trying to relocate after killing one of them - the dead one can just telegraph your every move for FAR too long imo

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,325)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Sunday, May 31st 2015, 5:32am

stealth

kill

Choose one.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Darktan13

Unhappy Camper

(4,678)

Date of registration
: Feb 13th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Sunday, May 31st 2015, 5:58am

comms > stealth.

Player 1 is shot by player A. Player 1 tells his squad. Player A is located and killed.

killcam or no, Player 1 is gonna call out class, weapon and location.

The only place where that kind of stealth is going to "work" is against bad, disorganised pugs. But against bad, disorganised pugs, anything would work.

Quoted from "J0hn-Stuart-Mill"

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Sunday, May 31st 2015, 7:25am

comms > stealth.

Player 1 is shot by player A. Player 1 tells his squad. Player A is located and killed.

killcam or no, Player 1 is gonna call out class, weapon and location.

The only place where that kind of stealth is going to "work" is against bad, disorganised pugs. But against bad, disorganised pugs, anything would work.

This is the inherent problem, and something the Party system on Xbox Live ruined the potential to solve. On PC there will always be a way around anyway, but ideally your comms would be fully disabled while dead.

Though just because this issue exists does not justify having additional similar ones.
Who Enjoys, Wins