Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,320)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Tuesday, May 19th 2015, 6:08am

Jets are the elephant in the room as far as vehicle balance is concerned

Can you believe some people want jets to be even stronger?
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

• "EnigmaVoid" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 1st 2015

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Tuesday, May 19th 2015, 7:47am

The take away from all this discussion is that there's essentially nothing you can do. Not only as infantry, but in any vehicle other than another jet (yes, even the MAA). Jets are the elephant in the room as far as vehicle balance is concerned, but most people seem to be more concerned with Scout helis for some reason. Hopefully the upcoming MAA buff will address the situation to some degree.

If you're playing armour and a jet whore is on the other team you just need to accept that you're going to die a lot. That goes double if you're in an attack boat. My approach is just to stay under cover if my APS is down and try to move quickly from cover to cover inbetween their strafe runs. But this often puts me in a compromising position with respect to infantry and ground vehicles. If they catch you out in the open when your APS is down the best approach is to drive towards them. They'll need to pitch down to keep on target thus forcing them to abort their strafe prematurely to avoid crashing into the ground.

This is what I am kind of afraid of. I am not a good jet pilot yet (haven't even unlocked the UCAV) to help my team. I love conquest but most of the times the balancer puts me on the loosing team which can't do anything about jets because they are wasting our own jets. The SRAW can indeed hit flight ceiling so with alot of practice It could be used but it might not be feasible with the nerf. Tow I thought would be good to but it is hard to keep the attack heli from not crashing while guiding it. Easier on a BTR but then the turret angle. TV missile are equivalent to sraw in its potential but only good when jets strafe down. The MAA is either dead or is busy farming infantry (wtf?). RPG/SMAW shots are possible on when the strafe down at you, any other shots are based on timing and hell alot of luck. I was thinking there must be other options besides just jets because currently I am not pro yet, sraw was my option but nerf ruined it :thumbdown: .

Date of registration
: Mar 25th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Wednesday, May 20th 2015, 12:50pm

Those some people also fall for the ponzi-pyramid schemes ala Madoff, pyramid balance is holy for them, with jets on top of course as in BF2.
RIP Sraw

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,320)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Wednesday, May 20th 2015, 8:40pm

Those some people also fall for the ponzi-pyramid schemes ala Madoff, pyramid balance is holy for them, with jets on top of course as in BF2.

Yeah, the other day some guy claimed that true Battlefield balance was not "Rock-Paper-Scissors nonsense" but "Pyramid Balance; always has been, always will be."
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Dec 9th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Wednesday, May 20th 2015, 9:16pm

in classic mode it actually is balanced though. Whereas in normal, doing 50 dmg with a minigun or hitting a jet that misused ecm with a 35dmg stinger is completely useless because it will get autorepaired, in classic mode, that dmg adds up eventually. Since mistakes in jets then actually get punished, it raises the skill required for massive k/d.

Date of registration
: Jul 22nd 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Tuesday, May 26th 2015, 9:27am

As a jet pilot (to an extent) I can say that engineers can only be a minor nuisance. If the other team doesn't have decent pilots who will bring me down I can fly around indefinitely. The mobile AA isn't a real problem either since if you pay attention to where it is you can stay outside of it's effective range. And even if you mess up and fly somewhere near it you can start scissoring and more than often get out almost unharmed (it throws off people's aim as hell).

IF you get hit by a rocket you simply roll with the plane and you can even manage to pull up from a really shitty vector.

The helis aren't a problem either cause if you engage it from above and then fly straight up it won't be able to even see you.

In the end I don't really know what to tell you. As an enginner I suppose you could get a Stinger and beep him to death but you really wouldn't be more than an annoyance. I'd say it's misplaced resource and you could do something a lot more valuable at the time. The jet should be taken care of by another jet, and if it isn't, well, there's not much you can do about it.

You should however gather another two guys with Stingers if there's is a leet master pr0 scout heli pilot on the server : ) I don't consider it to be a noob thing to do. If the enemy has an obvious asset which can sway the game on their side, you are obliged to counter it appropriately. And even if he is a master of dodge, three Stingers will keep him down in cooldown almost all the time.

And Jets definitelly should not get a buff, it's enough they gave them a TPP reticule for easy aiming.

Date of registration
: May 28th 2015

Battlelog:

Saturday, May 30th 2015, 4:12pm

As a guy frequently piloting jets I'd say gat any type of lock on stuff (soflam is probably the best). When running ECM (that Air Radar though) I can't stay in permalock since dodging missiles with it is not viable (or I just can't do it, if so captain?). Otherwise...learn how to fly. Don't let people fool you with a simple Roll off the Top.

Date of registration
: May 28th 2015

Battlelog:

Sunday, May 31st 2015, 6:40am

another jet, scout heli, or MAA