Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Feb 19th 2014

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Thursday, March 26th 2015, 7:34pm

inb4 better damage than .44 Magnum.
i hate to break it to ya, but it's looking possible. the 1886 winchester lever action uses the old school government calibers. aka the 45-70, 45-90, and the unimaginably gigantic 50-110 rounds.
Winchester rifle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

EDIT: info on the 50-110 round .50-110 Winchester - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
If it's an 1894 Marlin in .44MAG, the longer barrel combined with the slower lever action (my guess is that it'll be around the Shorty's fire rate of 120rpm and because old, slow guns in gaming usually have higher damage), then this thing will probably do more damage than the Taurus .44: probably not as much as shotgun slugs, but enough to allow for a longer 2HK/1HSK range.

Also: the problem with those cartridges you listed is that with the exception of the .50-110 (which is pretty much a wildcat load these days) they're all loaded with black powder, not modern smokeless gunpowder. If you tried using a modern shotgun shell in a period-correct Model 1887, you'd probably end up killing yourself because the gun isn't made to handle the kind of pressures that smokeless powder generates. Modern remakes are made to handle that kind of power because modernization, but it's one of the main reasons lever-actions are obsolete these days outside of their complexity and being a bitch to operate while prone.
you can find those old cartridges still, although they are expensive and hard to find. Reloaded or not, they still exist. Seeing how this is a theoretical ammunition in a videogame, i don't see why not have a black powder rifle that makes alot of noise and dust. Also, im refering to the 1886 model rifle, not the 1887 shotgun. I can't tell if that's what you mean or not, so no disrespect ya know.
In modern USA, the Pig roasts you!

Who loves a good ole custom chainsaw!

Spoiler Spoiler

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2012

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 19

Thursday, March 26th 2015, 8:35pm

Saying the AN-94 will be in BF4 is the same as saying the AS VAL is in it as well.

More like AN-NEINtyFour.

i hate to break it to ya, but it's looking possible.

This post is kind of ironic.

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Thursday, March 26th 2015, 8:37pm

I have a feeling the lever-action rifle may be in .45-70 Government. That's a very common round for lever-action rifles to be chambered in. For a rifle cartridge, it's pretty low velocity and has a steep trajectory.

A lever-action is typically quicker to operate than a bolt-action, and thus it should have a higher rate of fire than any of the bolt-action rifles. I'm guessing it may be somewhere from 80 to 120 rounds per minute, and it may be somewhat a middle ground between the Scout Elite and the SR338. Like maybe 75-76 maximum and 37.5-38 minimum damage. Otherwise, it may be more along the lines of a pump-action shotgun with slugs (90-100 maximum damage), but hopefully not nearly as sucky.

And yes, that's an OTs-14 Groza. It's a 9x39mm firearm that fires 700 rounds per minute. Sadly, for those expecting an all-kit weapon similar to the AS Val, I feel the OTs-14 will be another PDW. Just look at these two pictures.

Spoiler Spoiler

It doesn't seem to give much options in terms of grips. There's VERY high chances it'll either have an integrated suppressor (with no grip options) or an integrated grip that can't be swapped with other grips. So, this leads me to believe it'll fall within the PDW class, NOT the carbine class.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, March 26th 2015, 8:57pm

Saying the AN-94 will be in BF4 is the same as saying the AS VAL is in it as well.

More like AN-NEINtyFour.

i hate to break it to ya, but it's looking possible.

This post is kind of ironic.

it was completely unintentional, but i see it now

Spoiler Spoiler

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration

Thursday, March 26th 2015, 8:58pm

Right? It's a pretty cool thing.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, March 26th 2015, 9:04pm

Right? It's a pretty cool thing.
it's cool when it works, but every other time it just makes someone sound dumb

Spoiler Spoiler

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration

Thursday, March 26th 2015, 9:15pm

I meant the fact that a Symthic guy is doing the stats for the new guns.

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 17

Thursday, March 26th 2015, 9:18pm

That's just rumors.
[Aristocrat's Shoes]
TLDR -
Teamwork is where players function by themselves, but their effectiveness is multiplied when they work together. Not a checklist of "did we bring a healer so we can start playing?"

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, March 26th 2015, 9:18pm

I meant the fact that a Symthic guy is doing the stats for the new guns.
you have completely lost me....

Spoiler Spoiler

Krolman

Cannot into Rankine

(501)

Date of registration
: Dec 19th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Thursday, March 26th 2015, 9:28pm

That's just rumors.

When has that stopped anyone? rumors = facts, for some mainly many Internet users.
Apparently we do have a facebook... You should go ahead and like it

Oh look and a twitter... Yeah follow us there too pls

If only people would talk back it wouldn't be so lonely.[In B4 I get overwhelmed]

"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish." - Euripides, Bacchae

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."- Harlan Ellison

Things that I support

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

intel best ethernet controllers

ammo regen pls

TL;DR: all vehicles in BF4 are screwed up in some way or another.

I know I shouldn't be surprised that something like that even exists but.... 8|

You're just a spreadsheet baddie.