Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

CobaltRose

I'll be there... around every corner... in every empty room...

(1,219)

Date of registration
: Nov 8th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Thursday, March 26th 2015, 5:18pm

Lever action rifle chambered for pistol rounds? Sounds fun, but are they going to take the liberty of making it work like a rifle or carbine? A slow firing rifle with pistol class (even magnum/revolver) damage would be pretty shitty. They would have to up the damage and accuracy to make sure it isn't outclassed by the .44 Magnum.

what if it's a flashy sidearm?
If it's probably going to be a sidearm, it'll probably look something like a Mare's Leg:

huge-ass picture

That being said, including DLC guns BF4 has a lot of sidearms -- seventeen if the Marlin turns out to be a Mare's Leg -- and the only class with more unlocks (if you can even call it a class) is the knives.

@AmmuNOPE
AN-94 doesn't really break authenticity since it did get adopted by the Russian Spetznaz a while back (I think...), and the MacGyvered XBOW made sense in BF3 since the overarching story line (especially in Aftermath) involves a huge earthquake in the area where you're fighting.
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

Memorable Quotes

I once tried to burn a bridge, but due to the half-assed levolution implementation it kept standing up just fine.

Compared to the MTAR, the PDR has the TTK of your average pack of cigarettes.

The World Champion, on the Tactical Light:
"Oh don't mind me, I'm just out of ammo and I'll just POCKET SUN!!!!"

What can't be changed can be banned.

I'm completely serious. Well, seriously insane actually :P

If only more people left the wheel chair, adjustable hospital bed, and crutches behind and played HC. (aka Regen, Minimap, Killcam)

Natalia Poklonskaya:
Putin the cute in prosecute since 2014.

I can't look at my own avatar without having to pee. GG Me. GG.

I swear to god if you reply with a picture of the AEK I'll mail you a buttplug shaped like one.

The one time when "it's only three inches" is a good thing.

How do you guys control your FAMAS burst length since it fires its mag in just 1,5 seconds))
I consider each magazine a burst. :/

This is Symthic, we don't do "feels" around here ;)

Date of registration
: Nov 25th 2014

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Thursday, March 26th 2015, 5:50pm

Lever action rifle chambered for pistol rounds? Sounds fun, but are they going to take the liberty of making it work like a rifle or carbine? A slow firing rifle with pistol class (even magnum/revolver) damage would be pretty shitty. They would have to up the damage and accuracy to make sure it isn't outclassed by the .44 Magnum.

If it's probably going to be a sidearm, it'll probably look something like a Mare's Leg:

huge-ass picture

That being said, including DLC guns BF4 has a lot of sidearms -- seventeen if the Marlin turns out to be a Mare's Leg -- and the only class with more unlocks (if you can even call it a class) is the knives.

@AmmuNOPE
AN-94 doesn't really break authenticity since it did get adopted by the Russian Spetznaz a while back (I think...), and the MacGyvered XBOW made sense in BF3 since the overarching story line (especially in Aftermath) involves a huge earthquake in the area where you're fighting.
Yeah, I was talking about the XBOW. I guess it does make sense with the earthquake storyline.

The Phantom bow seems to break authenticity, and I think a Mare's Leg would too, but I think a lot of people would be fine with that because it gives more of a variety. However, I still question how this thing is going to work. A slow-firing sidearm is worse than a slow-firing primary unless it has some one hit kill potential, and that would need to bypass body armor or risk being utterly useless. I'd really hate to have dumbed down slug rounds in a hand cannon.
My response to K/D bragging: "It's kinda hard to maintain a high K/D without ammo..." | Top 1% Resupplies PS3 - Proud to be a team player

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Thursday, March 26th 2015, 5:54pm

inb4 either a sniper rifle or a 1-shot-only magnum that does double the damage(so basically a pocket bolt action)

i lean more towards the first though considering how the character holds it in the picture.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Date of registration
: Feb 19th 2014

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Thursday, March 26th 2015, 5:56pm

huge-ass picture

@AmmuNOPE
Yeah, I was talking about the XBOW. I guess it does make sense with the earthquake storyline.

The Phantom bow seems to break authenticity, and I think a Mare's Leg would too, but I think a lot of people would be fine with that because it gives more of a variety. However, I still question how this thing is going to work. A slow-firing sidearm is worse than a slow-firing primary unless it has some one hit kill potential, and that would need to bypass body armor or risk being utterly useless. I'd really hate to have dumbed down slug rounds in a hand cannon.
i get the feeling it'll be along the lines of a reskinned 44 magnum. Lever actions aren't difficult to operate, so you could theoretically cycle rounds at the same speed as a revolver
In modern USA, the Pig roasts you!

Who loves a good ole custom chainsaw!

Spoiler Spoiler

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Thursday, March 26th 2015, 6:01pm

i get the feeling it'll be along the lines of a reskinned 44 magnum. Lever actions aren't difficult to operate, so you could theoretically cycle rounds at the same speed as a revolver

it uses .357 if my reasearches are correct,but i doubt they will use the standard damage model and prefer to make a new file giving it a peculiar damage model.

all these new particular weapons makes me exccited to know about the next one anyway.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2014

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Thursday, March 26th 2015, 6:09pm

groza confirmed 100% https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CBB4HrTUkAA60j7.png

welp, guess that's as close as we can get for a bullpup ak.

I have no problem with that, but it just looks ugly. Especially with the Ergo-Grip installed. Plz Dice put the wooden front of the AK on the rail and mount a grip on it and do not stay "authentic" this time by using the default Grip.
still playin' Motorstorm

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 17

Thursday, March 26th 2015, 6:09pm

inb4 better damage than .44 Magnum.
[Aristocrat's Shoes]
TLDR -
Teamwork is where players function by themselves, but their effectiveness is multiplied when they work together. Not a checklist of "did we bring a healer so we can start playing?"

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Thursday, March 26th 2015, 6:12pm

And the latest weapon he posted today was an AKS-74u
I thought that was the OTs-14 Groza? The front sight looks pretty identical, whereas it doesn't match the AKS-74u at all.

@BleedingUranium

Yeah, it's a Groza. Here are all three, and the second lever action pic.

Spoiler Spoiler

Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration
: Feb 19th 2014

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Thursday, March 26th 2015, 6:13pm

i hate to break it to ya, but it's looking possible. the 1886 winchester lever action uses the old school government calibers. aka the 45-70, 45-90, and the unimaginably gigantic 50-110 rounds.
Winchester rifle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

EDIT: info on the 50-110 round .50-110 Winchester - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In modern USA, the Pig roasts you!

Who loves a good ole custom chainsaw!

Spoiler Spoiler

CobaltRose

I'll be there... around every corner... in every empty room...

(1,219)

Date of registration
: Nov 8th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Thursday, March 26th 2015, 7:23pm

i hate to break it to ya, but it's looking possible. the 1886 winchester lever action uses the old school government calibers. aka the 45-70, 45-90, and the unimaginably gigantic 50-110 rounds.
Winchester rifle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

EDIT: info on the 50-110 round .50-110 Winchester - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
If it's an 1894 Marlin in .44MAG, the longer barrel combined with the slower lever action (my guess is that it'll be around the Shorty's fire rate of 120rpm and because old, slow guns in gaming usually have higher damage), then this thing will probably do more damage than the Taurus .44: probably not as much as shotgun slugs, but enough to allow for a longer 2HK/1HSK range.

Also: the problem with those cartridges you listed is that with the exception of the .50-110 (which is pretty much a wildcat load these days) they're all loaded with black powder, not modern smokeless gunpowder. If you tried using a modern shotgun shell in a period-correct Model 1887, you'd probably end up killing yourself because the gun isn't made to handle the kind of pressures that smokeless powder generates. Modern remakes are made to handle that kind of power because modernization, but it's one of the main reasons lever-actions are obsolete these days outside of their complexity and being a bitch to operate while prone.
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

Memorable Quotes

I once tried to burn a bridge, but due to the half-assed levolution implementation it kept standing up just fine.

Compared to the MTAR, the PDR has the TTK of your average pack of cigarettes.

The World Champion, on the Tactical Light:
"Oh don't mind me, I'm just out of ammo and I'll just POCKET SUN!!!!"

What can't be changed can be banned.

I'm completely serious. Well, seriously insane actually :P

If only more people left the wheel chair, adjustable hospital bed, and crutches behind and played HC. (aka Regen, Minimap, Killcam)

Natalia Poklonskaya:
Putin the cute in prosecute since 2014.

I can't look at my own avatar without having to pee. GG Me. GG.

I swear to god if you reply with a picture of the AEK I'll mail you a buttplug shaped like one.

The one time when "it's only three inches" is a good thing.

How do you guys control your FAMAS burst length since it fires its mag in just 1,5 seconds))
I consider each magazine a burst. :/

This is Symthic, we don't do "feels" around here ;)