Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "DerpishBanana" started this thread

Date of registration
: Oct 31st 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Friday, March 20th 2015, 1:27pm

A good idea for the commander problem ? (bf4)

We have all been there , you join a match and suddenly the other team get's a commander and you get bombed by AC130 and cruise missiles. I'v got a little idea how to maybe fix this and wanted to share this with you guys.

When you wanne be a commander you have to do this ingame , when the other team hase no commander you get placed in a queu (you are still able to play normally) and the moment the other team get's a commander you get auto switched to commander position . You ofcourse can leave the queu and start playing normall again.if you are on tablet then you just get placed in a server where there is one commander in queu

Would this be a solution for the one team commander problem?

C0llis

Up and down. Bounce all around

(3,334)

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Friday, March 20th 2015, 10:36pm

Yeah, I think that would work. Simple and elegant solution.

Sweeps the floor with the often suggested AI commander because developing AI would most likely be very costly.

Things people said

And reading Youtube comments still gives me Turbo Cancer.

It really is quite frustrating when Helen Keller sets up her LMG in the only doorway in/out of an area.

What kind of question is that? Since when is cheese ever a bad idea?

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

MrT3a

The only man who ever reported his own post!

(924)

Date of registration
: Jul 19th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Friday, March 20th 2015, 10:42pm

It's a good idea, I'm amazed it only come to us this far in the game's lifecycle. Hope it will be implemented, if not in this game, at least in the next.

Sent from phone.
Stats thingy

Quotes of wisdom (maybe)

I'm a battlefield player, good sir. I don't play metro.

PC is no longer PC master race. It's PC mustard race, because consoles need to ketchup :'D

DICE gave so much into making commander better, but lemmings be lemmings I guess.

As a good guy that don't want to use overly glitched weapons, I'll quit using the MTAR and switch to the ACWR until it's fixed

The world needs more people like you

+1, I think we're all in agreement that more MrT3as would be an awesome thing :love:
Although if that was the case they'd use up so much of the world's awesome that there'd be none left for the rest of us! :D

yes, I know, I'm a big-ass hypocrite

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2014

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Friday, March 20th 2015, 10:43pm

Not that bad of an idea. At least it would help with the Cruise Missiles. Gunships still need a rework. AA Missiles have to be able to get a lock on these ships. An increase in lock on distance just for this vehicle is needed. I dont want to lower the flight height of the Gunship as AA counters might have enough distance, but the Gunship becomes even stronger with decreased flight height.
still playin' Motorstorm

Date of registration
: Mar 25th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Friday, March 20th 2015, 10:43pm

I disagree with this idea, because it will make it too much of a pain in the ass for those that want to play Commander. What if one Commander quits the round right away? Two commanders are not necessary.

I will admit that I shy away from servers with Commanders playing, however.

Date of registration
: Apr 5th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Friday, March 20th 2015, 10:51pm

Good idea. I've always felt there should be a queue for the first commander until a second joins. It would stop the lopsidedness of a single commander. However, if one commander quits mid round the other should be able to finish the round anyway.

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,088)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 16

Friday, March 20th 2015, 10:52pm

1. Mobile commander mode kind of does this already. Not once I have been on game with only one commander, but then again I haven't played it.
2. Judging by how you can't change to commander mode mid-game (meanwhile in BFH you can do this) it loads up different stuff on startup, so changing like that isn't straightforward. Just a hunch, but I don't know other reason why we can't move to commander slot with a ingame button.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

C0llis

Up and down. Bounce all around

(3,334)

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Friday, March 20th 2015, 11:15pm

I disagree with this idea, because it will make it too much of a pain in the ass for those that want to play Commander. What if one Commander quits the round right away? Two commanders are not necessary.
The up towards of 64 players that don't want to play a unbalanced lopsided game should trump the one guy that wants to play Commander. If the game is already underway and one Commander quits then the other commander should be allowed to stay until the end of the round but he should be removed after the end of the round.

The problem of single commanders really needs to be addressed and this is one of the most elegant and simple solutions.

Things people said

And reading Youtube comments still gives me Turbo Cancer.

It really is quite frustrating when Helen Keller sets up her LMG in the only doorway in/out of an area.

What kind of question is that? Since when is cheese ever a bad idea?

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "C0llis" (Mar 20th 2015, 11:40pm)

Date of registration
: Dec 8th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Friday, March 20th 2015, 11:19pm

@Miffyli

You can go from player to Commander from the Team Setup screen by pressing the Take Command button. Then it loads the Commander Screen and kinda replaces the UI / 3D environment background that you see in the Deploy screen. I do that sometimes when my team was pushed into the uncap and I didn't want to quit, so it was either Recon MAV or Take Command.

2.67% quit rate in 475hrs played! And that's all from server disconnects in the bad old days....

As far as I know though you cannot resign from Commander and go back to the Team Setup screen; you have to quit the server and rejoin. I believe it says so on the pop-up info as well.

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,088)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 16

Friday, March 20th 2015, 11:47pm

@Veritable
What?!?! Since when we have had this button?! D:
I can't recall seeing it there... Guess it was just added in of the patches and never spotted it. My bad!
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included