Symthic Forum was shut down on January 11th, 2019. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2019-01-09 at 01:08. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

• "Eviscerator" started this thread

Date of registration
: Feb 19th 2015

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Thursday, February 19th 2015, 11:51pm

Time to Kill Formula for Tank Shells

Can anyone tell me what the time to kill formula is so that I can figure out whether the AP shell or the HEAT shell is the best at taking out enemy tanks?

hunturk

Owner Of The World's Most Powerful Neck

(1,652)

Date of registration
: Aug 4th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 17

Friday, February 20th 2015, 12:23am

I can tell you with a relative degree of certainty that the TTK goes in this order:

Sabot
AP
HE
Personally, i don't take a stance on whether or not there is a creating entity because i'm humble enough to realize, in my fucking insignificance, the concept escapes my comprehension with a lead of 9001 light years.
RIP SRAW

Wadayoutalkenabeet

Oscar and Moe <3

Date of registration
: Jan 15th 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Friday, February 20th 2015, 12:35am

Isn't the difference between the AP and Sabot so negligible that the anti-infantry capabilities of AP far outstrip the Sabots slight AV advantage?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "KMRblue1027" (Feb 20th 2015, 1:21am)

The McGoat

The McMoose Murderer

(563)

Date of registration
: Apr 26th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Friday, February 20th 2015, 12:58am

Sabot shells are incredibly difficult to dodge, so in a sense of actually doing damage, sabot is king.

With that said, AP shells are best because of their splash damage capability.

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Friday, February 20th 2015, 5:45am

Protip: HE is best at nothing.
[Aristocrat's Shoes]
TLDR -
Teamwork is where players function by themselves, but their effectiveness is multiplied when they work together. Not a checklist of "did we bring a healer so we can start playing?"

Labby

(6,444)

Date of registration
: Sep 26th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Friday, February 20th 2015, 7:36am

Angles and CM's matter too much to have reliable ttk charts for tank vs. tank.

If you have good angles, HE can two hit kill an IFV. Sounds awesome, but it's a big IF. If you don't have good angles, or if the IFV uses smokescreen or APS you're going to take just as many shots as AP/Sabot, but with a slower reload.

AP and Sabot are identical vs. armor when it comes to raw DPS, one just has higher velocity, while the other has more splash. Sabot is better at longer distances because it's harder to dodge, AP is more flexible because it's strong vs. infantry too.

Short answer: Don't use HE, ttk isn't how you should be choosing between Sabot/AP, since there's no appreciable difference there.
[Aetherblade Medium Boots]

JOIN THE TEAMSPEAK (L)EVOLUTION: teamsym.nitrado.net

Date of registration
: Mar 25th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Friday, February 20th 2015, 2:28pm

I recommend sabot. Sabot allows you the option of staying back and killing from long range. HMG is all you need to take out infantry. Save your primary shells for other tanks and helicopters.

hunturk

Owner Of The World's Most Powerful Neck

(1,652)

Date of registration
: Aug 4th 2012

Battlelog:

Friday, February 20th 2015, 3:30pm

In terms of which is better out of AP and Sabot I would definitely go for the AP shell. Sabot is useful at longer ranges, but you can always just not get into any engagements at ranges where the AP shell is going to put you at a disadvantage. The OHK ability on infantry is very, very useful for occasions where you just need to explode someone quickly. Also I found with the sabot when I shot at a wall with infantry behind it, they would scurry away with 20 health before I oculd mop them up. Doesn't happen with AP, they get turned into a mix of blood and dust.
Personally, i don't take a stance on whether or not there is a creating entity because i'm humble enough to realize, in my fucking insignificance, the concept escapes my comprehension with a lead of 9001 light years.
RIP SRAW

Wadayoutalkenabeet

Oscar and Moe <3

Date of registration
: Mar 29th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Friday, February 20th 2015, 8:50pm

I recommend sabot. Sabot allows you the option of staying back and killing from long range. HMG is all you need to take out infantry. Save your primary shells for other tanks and helicopters.
HMG won't kill infantry behind cover.

ViperFTW

Suidae cathexis

(2,737)

Date of registration
: Jul 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Saturday, February 21st 2015, 1:39am

Sabot shells are incredibly difficult to dodge, so in a sense of actually doing damage, sabot is king.

With that said, AP shells are best because of their splash damage capability.

Yeah, basically that.
I find Sabot is extremely beneficial when you've got a dedicated Rizn gunner as you shouldn't need to worry too much about splashing people with a second pair of (competent) eyes :P

Everybody's Favourite Worthless Support and LMG Fan! :thumbsup:

Song currently stuck in my head is: Red Cold River by Breaking Benjamin!