Symthic Forum was shut down on January 11th, 2019. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2019-01-09 at 03:50. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

yugas42

(1,387)

Date of registration
: Sep 1st 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Monday, December 1st 2014, 10:08pm

The gun play in Battlefield 3 was much better. That's something I was able to determine after the CTE patch that "Made BF4 feel more like BF3 for infantry movement." Which was the biggest issue I had with the game. It still feels a little sloppy compared to BF4. Same as Sun said though; BF4 is pretty, and DICE LA cares about saving it, BF3 feels more polished, it didn't really need the late game development because it wasn't broken since the beginning.

My vote is for BF3, and I still enjoy playing it, while I can't stand a single round of BF4.

And, then, don't get me started on the fucking input lag. Aiming in BF3 was MUCH BETTER. I'm surprised more people don't mention this.

That is what gets me about the aiming. Mouse acceleration on, off, mouse presets messed with. It feels like i'm not aiming the gun. I've always referred to BF4 aiming a sloppy, and I couldn't quite figure out why. I figured it was my sensitivity... Maybe it is, but I doubt it, everything was imported from BF3 to be the same, but I could never get used to the sluggish aim that the soldiers seem to have now.

Misnomer

Don't Prox Me Bro

(497)

Date of registration
: Sep 4th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Tuesday, December 2nd 2014, 1:27am

Maybe I am too slow to notice input lag? I have honestly never noticed it in this game. Certainly not compared to BF3. I can't really tell a difference in mouse handling between the games.

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 17

Tuesday, December 2nd 2014, 1:28am

What input lag?
[Aristocrat's Shoes]
TLDR -
Teamwork is where players function by themselves, but their effectiveness is multiplied when they work together. Not a checklist of "did we bring a healer so we can start playing?"

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2012

Reputation modifier: 19

Tuesday, December 2nd 2014, 1:29am

Maybe I am too slow to notice input lag? I have honestly never noticed it in this game. Certainly not compared to BF3. I can't really tell a difference in mouse handling between the games.

Well, it's there.

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 17

Tuesday, December 2nd 2014, 1:40am

inb4 random shit in user.cfg causing it
[Aristocrat's Shoes]
TLDR -
Teamwork is where players function by themselves, but their effectiveness is multiplied when they work together. Not a checklist of "did we bring a healer so we can start playing?"

Misnomer

Don't Prox Me Bro

(497)

Date of registration
: Sep 4th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Tuesday, December 2nd 2014, 1:43am

Well, it's there.

I just tried to read a thread on this. There are too many factors to really know unless everyone was reporting it.

I do remember when I had issues in BF4 now, but once we got the option to turn off FOV scaling I was fine. You almost certainly know to do this, so that is probably not your issue. Still, FOV stuff seems to be one of the main causes. Then you have interaction with Windows 8.1 acceleration, Windows 7 acceleration issue, render ahead video card/driver/renderer issues, raw input, polling rate, etc.

Too many factors for me to simply accept "Well, it's there."

Sorry.

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2012

Reputation modifier: 19

Tuesday, December 2nd 2014, 1:56am

Too many factors for me to simply accept "Well, it's there."

It's fine if you don't.

MrT3a

The only man who ever reported his own post!

(920)

Date of registration
: Jul 19th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Tuesday, December 2nd 2014, 10:00am

I liked BF3 maps more, BF4 has a few good maps, but BF3 had a few bad ones.
I do like BF4 balance more, even if I think there's something odd about inf-armor balance

Sent from phone.
Stats thingy

Quotes of wisdom (maybe)

I'm a battlefield player, good sir. I don't play metro.

PC is no longer PC master race. It's PC mustard race, because consoles need to ketchup :'D

DICE gave so much into making commander better, but lemmings be lemmings I guess.

As a good guy that don't want to use overly glitched weapons, I'll quit using the MTAR and switch to the ACWR until it's fixed

The world needs more people like you

+1, I think we're all in agreement that more MrT3as would be an awesome thing :love:
Although if that was the case they'd use up so much of the world's awesome that there'd be none left for the rest of us! :D

yes, I know, I'm a big-ass hypocrite

Date of registration
: Jun 10th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Tuesday, December 2nd 2014, 12:40pm

BF4 for:

DMR for every class
beautiful graphic
customization camos etc..
better suppression
RAWR

BF3 for:

AN94 and G3A3 Skill cannons they were high skill high reward cannons

- much more "unique" weapons

- Holo sight magnification which was optimal for this game and we never get it back... no matter how much we ask...

- generally more accurate guns

- much better perks and perks rules

- perk tree in bf 4 is idiotic especially on hardcore - why we can not have our own combination of perks unlocks? Why perks span only updates when we do something for squad? Is taking an objective or healing non squad teammate is less valuable???... this is nonsense...

- no stupid rules like "sniper limits" and especially DMR limits ... I do not play much as recon, but if somebody like to stay on hill and snipe all those running and gunning headless chickens - much love to him, it is his choice and we have free will and democracy...
limiting DMR is even more stupid unwise... headless chicken do not like to be killed from distances more than 80 meters with somebody who prefers precision to reflex...

I have nothing against limiting explosives or rockets on metro or pistol only servers, but allowing sniper limit and DMR is the worst thing in BF series. It makes this game more arcade-ish running and gunning and fast paced COD style shooter for children. Running in the open should be punished... accuracy should be rewarded.

- To many maps vehicle focused based on the same model - big map for vehicle fighting and small area for cqb.

Hard to say it but Metro is still the best BF map for less than 32 people. (it is the worst map ever if You play 32 vs 32 of course)

Locker clusterfuck is the worst map ever. No matter how good is Your tactics a random guy from opposite team sooner or later shoots You in the back...

So we only have excellent Guilin Peaks and Dragon's Teeth maps. Which are the only infantry oriented maps with some vehicles as a "spice" in BF4. Therefore do not be surprised that people still paying metro...

- no SF stuff
- and of course bf 3 has no annoying and game breaking commander

used to be #3 in the World in RAWR Kills:)

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "DarthDevilusALF" (Dec 2nd 2014, 12:51pm)

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,427)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Tuesday, December 2nd 2014, 2:21pm

C0llis nailed it, as usual.

Edit: FS really killed BF for me and my mates, we used to play a lot, that is until the new maps came out. Since then none of us seem to enjoy BF anymore. Quite troublesome really, that four maps, that can be avoided, can spoil all the fun for some people.

And to the guy that posted before me, server rules, like a sniper limit where as common in BF3 as are now in BF4.