Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Ronbroncos" started this thread

Date of registration
: Sep 12th 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Saturday, September 27th 2014, 3:59pm

Class abilities

I dont really have a problem with the breakdown as it stands. That being said though it has never really made a lot of sense to me. I wondered what everybody else would like in class abilities. Bf4 kinda bothered me with the addition of c4 to the recon class. Ive always thought engineer should be the only class with c4. Explosives are their job. So please tell me what you think about this breakdown.
Assault- remove medkit and defib, replace with launchers and xm25
Engineer-explosives and repair tool remove launchers
Support-ammo, healthpack, defib and the m224 mortar and i cant remember the name of the tool for incoming explosives and remove c4
Recon-remove c4 and add small healthpack
Only my opinion and everybody has one. I love the game flaws and all and I actually think the balancing in this game is awesome. My only problems are from a stability and hit detection stand point.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, September 27th 2014, 4:09pm

I would also like to add that i am not a fan of the all kit weapons. I liked the breakdown of bf3. Give everyone the option for pdws (great for cqb but very limited at range) and a buff for lmgs accuracy was necessary. I dont think the carbines for every kit was a good thing though. And the dmrs were fine as sniper rifles that where i beleive they should be anyways.

Date of registration
: Nov 22nd 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Saturday, September 27th 2014, 4:28pm

IDK why but I feel you might as well further divide classes into Assault, Engineer, Support, Medic and Recon, cause otherwise giving support ammo, health and defibs seems a bit too much.
You can also consider it from a weapons standpoint - Assault can have ARs, Medic gets Carbines, Engi gets PDWs, Support has LMGs and Recons can keep BASRs, with shotguns and DMRs as all kit weapons.

(Though Im not sure why are we discussing this. Is this for Hardline?)

Love knows no language. Suppression knows no range.
Top 2% in the world for Suppression Assists :D

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, September 27th 2014, 5:20pm

My only thought was to give the people who desire to support the sqaud all abilities since there are so few who choose to play this way. But i cant disagree with your thought either. The dicussion is purely for curiosity and maybe bf5.

Date of registration
: Oct 2nd 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Saturday, September 27th 2014, 5:53pm

@Ronbroncos

Did you say that take launchers away from engies?? Why the hell would you do that ??

Only thing I would change is assault class. Make Assault as it is now with AR's and m320, but take medic tools away and make a medic class with carbines as primary.
Lime Neeson is a shämän

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,529)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Saturday, September 27th 2014, 6:00pm

Only thing I would change is assault class. Make Assault as it is now with AR's and m320, but take medic tools away and make a medic class with carbines as primary.

Defibs as primary pls.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, September 27th 2014, 6:01pm

For balance if u do that why would anyone run anything but engi. There would be no reason to run assault. I had considered as an afterthought taking away all free firing launchers instead though. My ideas are based around more clearly defining the classes i dont like the idea of giving all the classes some ability to deal with every situation.

Date of registration
: Oct 2nd 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Saturday, September 27th 2014, 6:08pm

Defibs as primary pls.

Wud b Op needs NURF
Lime Neeson is a shämän

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,529)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Saturday, September 27th 2014, 6:11pm

i dont like the idea of giving all the classes some ability to deal with every situation.

In a perfect world, everyone would be playing their role appropriately thus replacing independence with strong interdependence and synergy.

We don't live in a perfect world.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, September 27th 2014, 6:26pm

I understand that and i know this all a result of profit margins and i will never fault dice for wanting to make money. Classic mode rekindled this thought in my mind, in that i see that as a way of providing for both the casual player(core) and the more in depth bf player. I dont really think the casual player will care all that much how the classes breakdown as long as there one to shoot people with, one to blow shit up with and one they can sit on hill and snipe with. So why not also throw the more hardcore players a bone. I look at class breakdown as purely what they should be able to do on the battlefield. Assault should bring a lot of firepower engi should destroy assets and vehicles. An engi should lose to an assault class in a firefight. Supports survival should be based purely on his ability to suppress the enemy and keep his sqaud up and supplied. Recon should only be feeding his sqaud intel, spotting, ocasionally taking out dug in targets and counter sniping. I know this may seem a little far fetched for the title but all i can do is put it out there and see where it goes.