Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Camogilvie1

Chronic Multiposter

(14)

• "Camogilvie1" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jul 11th 2014

Platform: 360

Reputation modifier: 2

Friday, September 26th 2014, 1:49pm

MBT's

Before we begin, I realise tanks are meant to be powerful. Very powerful. But are they getting to the point they are almost overpowered?
So anyway, today I hopped into a Rogue Transmission match. Was pretty much a standard X360 pub match.
Conq. Small, the team I was on had a 100 ticket lead, but their team was catching up fast. So I noticed when I died one time, the teams had around 150 tickets each, they had both MBT's out, and the MAA out (they had B). We had 0 tanks out. Now I have never (and I actually mean never) used an MBT before. I learnt the controls by playing in that life. So yeah, I hopped in a tank, we needed that and nobody else seemed willing... I think I went on an 8 killstreak in my first ever life in a tank, AND captured a flag 3 or 4 times... Now as I said earlier, tanks are very powerful, and rightly so, but that seems ridiculous to me. I had no idea what to do whatsoever and got an 8 killstreak, and capped flags. I did really badly, and got that.
Doesn't that suggest that tanks might be getting a little overpowered? Sure they are meant to be good, but I actually learnt how to use them in that life.
Sorry if that made no sense, just tell me if it doesn't make sense and I'll try to explain, I'm really bad at writing stuff...

Date of registration
: Sep 22nd 2012

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Friday, September 26th 2014, 2:00pm

I went on an 8 killstreak in my first ever life in a tank, AND captured a flag 3 or 4 times... I had no idea what to do whatsoever and got an 8 killstreak, and capped flags. I did really badly, and got that.
Doesn't that suggest that tanks might be getting a little overpowered? Sure they are meant to be good, but I actually learnt how to use them in that life.

You can't really draw any conclusions from one experience. Maybe you got lucky? Maybe the enemy was really bad? Maybe you have a natural talent for using tanks? Anyway, spend 20+ lives in an MBT and then make your opinion about them :)

Camogilvie1

Chronic Multiposter

(14)

Date of registration

Friday, September 26th 2014, 2:05pm

Quoted from "Camogilvie1"

I went on an 8 killstreak in my first ever life in a tank, AND captured a flag 3 or 4 times... I had no idea what to do whatsoever and got an 8 killstreak, and capped flags. I did really badly, and got that.

You can't really draw any conclusions from one experience. Maybe you got lucky? Maybe the enemy was really bad? Maybe you have a natural talent for using tanks? Anyway, spend 20+ lives in an MBT and then make your opinion about them
Yeah, I get that, but they weren't all that bad, as an infy unit I was getting wrecked, and they were all support, engi or recon, legitimately no assault, so they could all hurt me... As for natural talent, maybe? It seemed good for a first attempt ever... I might as well play with them a bit more tomorrow, so sure, it just really surprised me how effective they were...

Date of registration
: May 10th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Friday, September 26th 2014, 2:07pm

Well, you must have a knack for it, the other team had no engies, or they just sucked in general. Probably all three. I play mostly support, but I love hopping in tanks every once in a while (more recently as of late as I've needed to unlock the phantom assignment) as an engineer and just feeling the immense power. As vehicle drivers aren't as common on our console, a lot of people still get confused by a semi-decent tank driver. I have gone on 15+ kill-streaks on rush, 5 of those kills being other armour. I would consider myself a "good" tank driver. Not superb, but good. However, I'm not 15+ kill-streaks good, especially not on an advanced console like PC.

So, basically our console has poor vehicle drivers, and thus only decent engineers as there is no need for good ones. Anecdotal evidence, I know, but I think you'll agree. You got lucky. Tanks are very well balanced, and the starting load out is very good on them, so there's that too. Give it some practice, and you'll be able to crush people like that all the time.

Symthic's Friendly Neighborhood Pastafarian

Master of nothing, mediocre at everything... except dropping ammo boxes. I do that like it's my fucking job.
BAND RECOMMENDATION OF THE WEEK (or really till whenever I update it): I don't really have much if I'm being honest. Give me some metalcore recommendations and I'll try 'em out
Good Quotes Ahead:

Spoiler Spoiler

Quoted

You're into Chinese nowadays?
No, but i am into immature jokes about sexual intercourse with cats with a pinch of stereotypical asian accent. :D

Thanks razal.

I don't even have a big neck.

I didn't know vertigo could disrupt one's sense of size.

Camogilvie1

Chronic Multiposter

(14)

Date of registration

Friday, September 26th 2014, 2:13pm

Well, you must have a knack for it, the other team had no engies, or they just sucked in general. Probably all three. I play mostly support, but I love hopping in tanks every once in a while (more recently as of late as I've needed to unlock the phantom assignment) as an engineer and just feeling the immense power. As vehicle drivers aren't as common on our console, a lot of people still get confused by a semi-decent tank driver. I have gone on 15+ kill-streaks on rush, 5 of those kills being other armour. I would consider myself a "good" tank driver. Not superb, but good. However, I'm not 15+ kill-streaks good, especially not on an advanced console like PC.

So, basically our console has poor vehicle drivers, and thus only decent engineers as there is no need for good ones. Anecdotal evidence, I know, but I think you'll agree. You got lucky. Tanks are very well balanced, and the starting load out is very good on them, so there's that too. Give it some practice, and you'll be able to crush people like that all the time.
There were definitely engies, more than half my kills were on engies... As I said, I may have a knack for it, but I think it was more luck, gotta try more. Also about the bad engi bit, most of the people I've played (that I know) are good engies, so I can't see why nobody else would be... But anyway, makes sense, and yeah, loved the default attachments (woah, first time I've said that before)

R

tits pls

(2,621)

Date of registration
: Sep 16th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Friday, September 26th 2014, 4:14pm

Vehicles aren't really overpowered. Good vehicle drivers are overpowered. Hell, my highest killstreak (52) was in an IFV, which is pretty much a rolling tin can...
As for MBTs, anyone with half a brain can take out a shitty MBT driver.
Vehicles were always meant to much stronger than infantry thats not working together well.

C0llis

Up and down. Bounce all around

(3,334)

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Friday, September 26th 2014, 4:23pm

^+1

Most tank drivers (and vehicle drivers in general) are pretty shitty. It's astounding how many tankers just sit in the middle of the street and try to unload as fast as they can instead of pillaring and using cover.

Edit: Also, regarding infantry: a lot of infantry don't respect the power of vehicles. Or rather: they lack the fortitude required to keep an eye on the map/listen/whatever to detect vehicles and avoid them. Instead they waltz around the field and cry out in chat/whine on forumfield when they get (rightfully) dunked by vehicles because they were out in the open without cover.

A prime example of this is the recent whine about the MAA being able to kill infantry and even being good at killing unaware/stupid infantry.

Things people said

And reading Youtube comments still gives me Turbo Cancer.

It really is quite frustrating when Helen Keller sets up her LMG in the only doorway in/out of an area.

What kind of question is that? Since when is cheese ever a bad idea?

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

Date of registration
: Oct 2nd 2013

Battlelog:

Friday, September 26th 2014, 4:27pm

Vehicles aren't really overpowered. Good vehicle drivers are overpowered. Hell, my highest killstreak (52) was in an IFV, which is pretty much a rolling tin can...
Vehicles were always meant to much stronger than infantry thats not working together well.

^^ This

Vehicles are not OP and have their weaknesses.

The other day I was playing on Wavebreaker and our team had a guy on boat who ended up with a killstreak of around 150. And he was good in that tin can of his. Boats are one of the easiest vehicles to kill but can achieve nearly immortality in good hands much like MBT's
Lime Neeson is a shämän

Misnomer

Don't Prox Me Bro

(497)

Date of registration
: Sep 4th 2012

Battlelog:

Friday, September 26th 2014, 4:33pm

^^ This

Vehicles are not OP and have their weaknesses.

The other day I was playing on Wavebreaker and our team had a guy on boat who ended up with a killstreak of around 150. And he was good in that tin can of his. Boats are one of the easiest vehicles to kill but can achieve nearly immortality in good hands much like MBT's

With proper repair whoring they can be near invincible.

You guys seem to miss the point of the OP. He had never driven a tank before and felt unstoppable when he got in one.

The only way your argument works is if the entire team was so wildly incompetent that they couldn't kill a complete tank noob. While a possible theory, I could lay out all the facts again about tanks have gotten consistently more powerful and capable throughout the BF series while Engies have been largely nerfed.

But I am getting tired of writing it.

OP I agree with your initial assessment. It has gotten too easy and probably because there are so few competent and capable vehicle users on consoles.

Date of registration
: Apr 26th 2013

Platform: PS4

Reputation modifier: 15

Friday, September 26th 2014, 4:37pm

Peccath hit the nail on the head. It's just one attempt. This train of thought can be applied to any good one-game performance with any vehicle or firearm. Take the SAR-21 for instance. In a single game one achieves 30 kills and just 3 deaths; just demolishing the other team. Does it make the SAR-21 "overpowered?" (I cringe at just the sound of such a word) Absolutely not. Well what led to him doing so well? There are a number of factors:

Just plain ol' luck
Superior positioning
Taking advantage of opposing players out of position
Imbalanced teams (i.e. your team is good, the other super bad)
Opposing team apathy

"Ov-rpo-ered" entails that anyone can pick it up and be consistently dominant; no practice or level of skill required (although playing 12 vs. 12 Conquest does put the odds in your favor; try 32 vs. 32, it's a flippin' nightmare). Considering you are basing your accusation off of one measly game does not actually say much. Sorry, it's the truth. Tanks DO require some form of skill and certain amounts of practice to be consistently good in. Just ask one of our ground vehicle experts, R. (Because I can't think of any others right now) :thumbup:
To Aim Assist or not to Aim Assist, that is the question.

Nope. Aim Assist or bust; here's why:

Default Aim Assist Data

Source code

AccelerationInputThreshold 0.98
    AccelerationMultiplier 5.0
    AccelerationDamping 4.0
    AccelerationTimeThreshold 0.15
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
    MaxAcceleration::Vec2
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
    AttractDistanceFallOffs::Vec2
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.75
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 0.45
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom 0.5
    AttractOwnSpeedInfluence 0.0
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.85
    AttractOwnRequiredMovementForMaximumAttract 0.0
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.1
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 1.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.34
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    ViewObstructedKeepTime 0.0
    SnapZoomLateralSpeedLimit 1000.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.2
    SnapZoomReticlePointPriority 999
    SnapZoomAutoEngageTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput 0.2
    SnapZoomBreakMaxInput 0.2
    SnapZoomBreakMinAngle 90.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 1.2
    SoldierBackupSkeletonCollisionData *nullGuid*
    CheckBoneCenterOnlyDistance 40.0

No Slowdown Data

Source code

AccelerationDamping 4.0
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.0
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 1.0
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom -1.0
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.0
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.0
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 0.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.0
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.0
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput -1.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 0.5
    DisableForcedTargetRecalcDistance 7.0

No Auto Rotation Data

Source code

AccelerationDamping 4.0
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.75
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 0.45
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom 0.5
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.85
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.1
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 1.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.34
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.0
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput -1.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 0.5
    DisableForcedTargetRecalcDistance 7.0

Prepare your laughbox

the Sebstalder is quiet good since it can 3hit kill at any distanc ,but In my opinion i actually thikn the sweeper is better, its got a really really fast firerate that can beat alll those Noobmaticos, Helregall adn shitguns in close quarters , and its also really accurate out to like l;ong range,. overall great allround gun, jsut my 2$ tho