Symthic Forum was shut down on January 11th, 2019. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2019-01-09 at 01:22. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Thursday, September 18th 2014, 4:42am

That's a counter vs what-it-counters, but yes, similar mentality.

Because people can't seem to wrap their head around the fact that rock beating scissors is how the game works and not an imbalance.
Umm...attack helo standing off against the MAA with TVs can beat the shit out of the MAA.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Thursday, September 18th 2014, 4:42am

For a lot of people TDM/DOM and Metro/Lockers meatgrinders is all there is to battlefield.

They're free to do that if they wish, but the game is balanced around Conquest, as well as modes like Rush, Obliteration, and CTF, not that. Complaining Defensive/Assault/ARs/etc are "overpowered" in mid-close range, infantry-only, (nearly) objectiveless gamemodes is rather like complaining about Engy in something like Tank Superiority.

Don't disagree, I was merely stating this as fact. Many, many people's opinions on the game are informed about the narrow aspect of it they focus on.

I didn't think you disagreed, it was one of those sort of impersonal statements. ^^

^ The AH can do that, if it has a really good and coordinated crew and is used in a hovering-really-far-away-aerial-artillery way.
Who Enjoys, Wins

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,345)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Thursday, September 18th 2014, 5:05am

Umm...attack helo standing off against the MAA with TVs can beat the shit out of the MAA.

Staying out of the enemy's effective range is apparently not on the minds of many people.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Apr 26th 2013

Platform: PS4

Reputation modifier: 15

Thursday, September 18th 2014, 5:35am

Yup. They think, "I'm in an Attack Helicopter, nothing can stop me!" and are immediately proven wrong when attempting a B-Line for their target. At which point they attract the attention of every anti-air asset in the vacinity:

"StiGLAs rOP! DICE pls nurf."
"MAA s OP! Nurf nao."

Or when they HOVER in a stationary position:

"Tank shels OP. MOAR nurrfs."
"RPGs. Nurf."
"Bulits kil me in choppi. DIcE plz."

I think that accurately captures what bad pilots think when they do something stupid. :D

The gradual degrade in grammar represents the ridiculousness of the 'nerf' requests. And by gradual I mean persistent. Because all 'nerf' requests are ridiculous unless proven to improve game balance.
To Aim Assist or not to Aim Assist, that is the question.

Nope. Aim Assist or bust; here's why:

Default Aim Assist Data

Source code

AccelerationInputThreshold 0.98
    AccelerationMultiplier 5.0
    AccelerationDamping 4.0
    AccelerationTimeThreshold 0.15
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
    MaxAcceleration::Vec2
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
    AttractDistanceFallOffs::Vec2
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.75
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 0.45
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom 0.5
    AttractOwnSpeedInfluence 0.0
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.85
    AttractOwnRequiredMovementForMaximumAttract 0.0
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.1
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 1.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.34
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    ViewObstructedKeepTime 0.0
    SnapZoomLateralSpeedLimit 1000.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.2
    SnapZoomReticlePointPriority 999
    SnapZoomAutoEngageTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput 0.2
    SnapZoomBreakMaxInput 0.2
    SnapZoomBreakMinAngle 90.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 1.2
    SoldierBackupSkeletonCollisionData *nullGuid*
    CheckBoneCenterOnlyDistance 40.0

No Slowdown Data

Source code

AccelerationDamping 4.0
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.0
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 1.0
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom -1.0
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.0
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.0
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 0.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.0
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.0
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput -1.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 0.5
    DisableForcedTargetRecalcDistance 7.0

No Auto Rotation Data

Source code

AccelerationDamping 4.0
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.75
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 0.45
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom 0.5
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.85
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.1
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 1.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.34
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.0
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput -1.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 0.5
    DisableForcedTargetRecalcDistance 7.0

Prepare your laughbox

the Sebstalder is quiet good since it can 3hit kill at any distanc ,but In my opinion i actually thikn the sweeper is better, its got a really really fast firerate that can beat alll those Noobmaticos, Helregall adn shitguns in close quarters , and its also really accurate out to like l;ong range,. overall great allround gun, jsut my 2$ tho

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, September 18th 2014, 5:39am

That's all very true, though it doesn't discount the AH's horrid manoeuvrability/inertia/lack of thrust/whatever you want to call it. Also the 90 degree angle limit.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration
: Sep 3rd 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Thursday, September 18th 2014, 8:52am

2. Extra ammo, why should I care about this when I have unlimited ammo at my command?
3. Extra XM25/Mortar ammo, I couldn't care less about this.
2. Means you can spend less time sitting on your own box and more time firing.

3. Other people love using the XM25 and Mortar. They are the Indirect Fire weapons this tree is for.

2. I can't really believe anyone would defend the decision to put Extra Ammo in a support upgrade path. I think I'd rather have literally any other perk in the game as a replacement for ammo, and I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in this. It just makes no sense. For the minority of the support players who run without an ammo box there's always the Offensive path that contains extra ammo.

3. Yes, that's great for them. The problem is that the support upgrade paths cater to a very specific combination of gadgets (Perimeter Defense is the worse offender here, however). If you run with ammo box and C4 (which I bet the majority of support players do) one of the perks are completely useless to you. Same with the UCAV. And that's in addition to the extra ammo you get, which is also quite redundant. The upgrade paths for the other kits are not so constrained, and cover nearly every gadget the class has.

I really hope DICE LA takes a long, hard look at the field upgrades in the next initiative.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, September 18th 2014, 9:28am

I think the gadgets themselves are the main issue, not the trees. The MP-APS, Shield, Mortar, and Claymore are all a little lacking in one area or another, and on top of that DICE caved in to the whining and put C4 back in Support, something I'm still very displeased about. If Support didn't have C4, like it shouldn't, and the less effective gadgets were made more useful, you would absolutely see Support players not only playing their role better, but not always running the ammo box.

The main issue with the Perimeter Defence playstyle is that everything it's supposed to use is has issues of some kind. Bipods need to not sway when suppressed, the MP-APS needs a huge upgrade, Claymores need to spawn with more than one, the Shield needs to protect you properly, and so on. On the other hand, a more mobile gun with the XM25/C4 and Ammo is an extremely viable and effective playstyle. Basically, the Perimeter Defence sub-class needs an all-round buff.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration
: May 18th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Thursday, September 18th 2014, 10:32am

I always use perimeter defense so i can lay 3 claymores like a dickhead. They always get kills too. :thumbup:
Though when i take the mortar instead I'm sad because I'm too lazy to change it to indirect fire. :D
I will echo the sentiment behind the ammo being USELESS for support. Ammo resupplies so damn fast that holding more is completely pointless, particularly with LMGs that take a good while to run out of ammo anyways.
Explosives, grenades, and gadgets take longer to resupply but ammo takes like literally 2 or 3 seconds to get most of your ammo back. Ammo perk only effects ammo.
Though maybe if you ran perimeter defense for moar claymores on recon it would be quite useful to have extra ammo.

Date of registration
: Sep 3rd 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Thursday, September 18th 2014, 11:27am

I think the gadgets themselves are the main issue, not the trees. The MP-APS, Shield, Mortar, and Claymore are all a little lacking in one area or another, and on top of that DICE caved in to the whining and put C4 back in Support, something I'm still very displeased about. If Support didn't have C4, like it shouldn't, and the less effective gadgets were made more useful, you would absolutely see Support players not only playing their role better, but not always running the ammo box.
Well, the support gadgets broadly fall into two categories: the retardedly ineffective and the rage-generators. In the first category we have stuff like the shield, the MP-APS and the XM25 smoke. In the other category we have beloved gadgets like the UCAV, XM25 Airburst and the mortar. Either you'll be wasting your time by picking something from the ineffective category, or you'll have to put up with people questioning your sexual preferences in the strongest way by going with an indirect fire weapon (that is, if you can even use these gadgets as they're often banned outright).

C4 is special in that it falls in neither category. It is consistently effective and will not get people frothing at the mouth when they're killed by it. I agree to some extent that it is not a 'pure support gadget', but it's also not surprising that so many people run with it.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Jais" (Sep 18th 2014, 11:35am)

Date of registration
: Aug 22nd 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Thursday, September 18th 2014, 3:37pm

Yup. They think, "I'm in an Attack Helicopter, nothing can stop me!" and are immediately proven wrong when attempting a B-Line for their target. At which point they attract the attention of every anti-air asset in the vacinity:

"StiGLAs rOP! DICE pls nurf."
"MAA s OP! Nurf nao."

Or when they HOVER in a stationary position:

"Tank shels OP. MOAR nurrfs."
"RPGs. Nurf."
"Bulits kil me in choppi. DIcE plz."

I think that accurately captures what bad pilots think when they do something stupid. :D

The gradual degrade in grammar represents the ridiculousness of the 'nerf' requests. And by gradual I mean persistent. Because all 'nerf' requests are ridiculous unless proven to improve game balance.
I agree, flying should be tactical as such. I personally really enjoy flying the transport chopper, clearing out flags and providing my team the best support and transport possible. Usually I can survive pretty long, provided the map has enough cover (such as guilin peak or dragon pass) BUT sometimes it is kind of annoying when you think the broad area is clear, hover over a flag and then get shot out of the pilots seat by a sniper who is miles away. The most anoying thing though is when just about every enemy player is running the engineer with a SRAW bro-launcher a Stinger or RPG and there's not even the slightest chance you can take off with the helicopter from your base. But then again, I was "that guy" who camped at that hill near the russian base on "gold of oman" and spawn-raped the chopper with my rpg...