Symthic Forum was shut down on January 11th, 2019. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2019-01-09 at 01:44. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,427)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Tuesday, September 16th 2014, 12:09pm

I always advocate teamplay, but when you think about how badly Defensive was implemented (or that it was implemented at all, there would have been easier ways to do that, like 90 Dmg BAs), and how attractive the rest of the tree is as well for any class, I can honestly say, that after a year of playing I do not even know where to change the perks. Defensive makes it harder for anyone right now to kill you. That is an outright gameplay buff, add to that Flak and Quickregen, and your are back in the game in no time after each fight. It is even better when you stand on your own medkit.

Just yesterday I picked up a mate's kit and was surprised that you pick up his perks as well. He used indirect fire and it sure is nice to have 5 more XM rounds so you can continiously fire that thing and reck up more kills, but standing on an ammo box does the same. Furthermore your squad is either with you or far away and the closer each one is the shorter is the distance to your ammo, be it one or two. I always thought giving out ammo is not a one-way-track. I always lay down one on any flag I take, and if people are just to busy seeing it it is their fault.

And as Jais said, the other perks often enough do not cater to every playstyle, if you run C4 as a support you will be left out with indirect fire with at least one perk. The same when running the beacon and C4/T-UGS/MAV in the recon perk...if you miss out on two perks of your class perk tree, then why even bother?

That being said, I really miss sprint, and two medbags are useful at times, the defib certainly is. But I can perform almost as well if I am jsut the last one standing and reviving everyone else. Rambo revives are still not overly useful usually independent of the perk tree.

C0llis

Up and down. Bounce all around

(3,334)

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Tuesday, September 16th 2014, 1:13pm

So, 1 or at most 2 out of 4 upgrades that I benefit from is a pretty raw deal.
This is a problem in a lot of trees have. I hate the current system so much; it's like they just tried to come up with as many different perks as possible only to ram them into as many trees as possible - even if it meant splitting up BF3 perks (I'm looking at you, EXPL!) - just to give players "custumizatchun".

The current system punishes players that mixes their gadgets outside the setups suggested by the perks. IMO the BF3 system was way better; they should just have prevented perk stacking and it would have been 10/10. I don't think that will happen though, but I would at least like to see the option of making our own trees. And DICE, FFS make MINES and MORE DEPLOYED EXPLOSIVES into 1 perk -.-

Things people said

And reading Youtube comments still gives me Turbo Cancer.

It really is quite frustrating when Helen Keller sets up her LMG in the only doorway in/out of an area.

What kind of question is that? Since when is cheese ever a bad idea?

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,427)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Tuesday, September 16th 2014, 1:15pm

This is a problem in a lot of trees have. I hate the current system so much; it's like they just tried to come up with as many different perks as possible only to ram them into as many trees as possible - even if it meant splitting up BF3 perks (I'm looking at you, EXPL!) - just to give players "custumizatchun".

The current system punishes players that mixes their gadgets outside the setups suggested by the perks. IMO the BF3 system was way better; they should just have prevented perk stacking and it would have been 10/10. I don't think that will happen though, but I would at least like to see the option of making our own trees. And DICE, FFS make MINES and MORE DEPLOYED EXPLOSIVES into 1 perk -.-

Yeah this current system is so stupid...repped.

I agree that there should be fewer perks that should be more general, i.e explosives for mines, c4, launchers and grenades for grenades, XM and M320 and so on.

Date of registration
: Apr 12th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Tuesday, September 16th 2014, 1:57pm

4. Resupply Unit. Decent, if it wasn't for the fact that I can put down an ammo box on many vehicles and get the same effect. Plus, between the fact that it's the last upgrade to be unlocked and I'm not that often in a vehicle, I rarely ever get to see the usefulness of this.

Albeit not a common scenario, but imagine your squad mate flying the little bird and another being a rep bitch. The repper will run out of bullits and rokkits really quite fast. A support with Resupply Unit only needs to hitch a chopper ride from one flag to another, or spawn in just for a moment, and the repper is all good to go again.

And DICE, FFS make MINES and MORE DEPLOYED EXPLOSIVES into 1 perk -.-

+1

It's always fun to join a server where squads who played the previous round can lay down 12 mines (or 2 SLAM and 3 AT Mine spots per engineer) at the start of the round while the newcomers engineers can't for many minutes go for more than max 1 SLAM and 1 AT Mine site, which in pubs is not worth a redeploy to get a launcher.
"Less is more? How can that be? How could less be more, that's impossible. More is more." Yngwie Malmsten
"Many bullets help." WoopsyYaya
"most rhetorically legitimate ad hominem 2015" ToTheSun!

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,345)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Tuesday, September 16th 2014, 10:00pm

1. Great, one more ammo bag to put down!
2. Extra ammo, why should I care about this when I have unlimited ammo at my command?
3. Extra XM25/Mortar ammo, I couldn't care less about this.
4. Resupply Unit. Decent, if it wasn't for the fact that I can put down an ammo box on many vehicles and get the same effect. Plus, between the fact that it's the last upgrade to be unlocked and I'm not that often in a vehicle, I rarely ever get to see the usefulness of this.

2. Means you can spend less time sitting on your own box and more time firing.

3. Other people love using the XM25 and Mortar. They are the Indirect Fire weapons this tree is for.

4. Ammo Boxes can be blown up. It also forces you to put one down which means you're not piloting. This just means you don't have to waste time.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

ViperFTW

Suidae cathexis

(2,737)

Date of registration
: Jul 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Tuesday, September 16th 2014, 11:12pm

2. Means you can spend less time sitting on your own box and more time firing.

Don't forget you can disperse your resupply points to further benefit squad/team mates! :)

Everybody's Favourite Worthless Support and LMG Fan! :thumbsup:

Song currently stuck in my head is: Red Cold River by Breaking Benjamin!

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Wednesday, September 17th 2014, 2:46am

The BF3 perk system was stupid too. It was basically an "auto-on" global bonus to a bunch of traits for any squad with a bare minimum of organization. It just became another tedious thing to manage/pay attention to.

I think they should have completely done away with perks and instead you select a class sub-spec that gives you bonuses to your base class:

For eg, mechanic and anti-tank which give the full perk trees to the engineer. ie you get more mines, more deployed stuff from spawn.

This better fits the theme since 2142 of having 2 roles to each condensed class: assault is line infantry + medic, engineer is mechanic + anti tank. Recon is sniper + spec ops. Support is....uh...ammo dude? Anyways.

Objectively, the engineer perk trees are dramatically superior in terms of what they bring to the field than any of the other perk trees on any of the other classes. If you're running defensive and playing engineer you're doing it wrong.

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 17

Wednesday, September 17th 2014, 3:36am

Defensive is overrated and overused. Combat Medic, Grenadier, Anti Tank, Mechanic and Shadow are much more useful.
[Aristocrat's Shoes]
TLDR -
Teamwork is where players function by themselves, but their effectiveness is multiplied when they work together. Not a checklist of "did we bring a healer so we can start playing?"

Date of registration
: Nov 5th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Wednesday, September 17th 2014, 3:44am

Spec Ops plz. And Indirect Fire for scout heli whoring <3
This is where I'm coming from: Clicky

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 17

Wednesday, September 17th 2014, 3:52am

I forgot Offensive. Sprint, ammo, grenade.
[Aristocrat's Shoes]
TLDR -
Teamwork is where players function by themselves, but their effectiveness is multiplied when they work together. Not a checklist of "did we bring a healer so we can start playing?"