Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: May 18th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Thursday, September 4th 2014, 1:01am

I wouldn't mind a harsh respawn time for the AC130... if you could pick which flag it flew around? I hate how it just sort of hovers above the flag that grants it... I've never played commander so I don't know if you can pick where it goes or not but sometimes its just useless if its not on the center of the map flag because important flags are out of its arc most of the time. It also guarantees it will be staring at its own flag most of the time, which makes trying to take it back a pain.

Srsly just bring back the on field assets rather than tying stuff to flags and I'm fine with it. Even though I find the cruise missile to be pathetically weak, I've been killed by it maybe 10 times in my entire play time while the BF2 arty strike was the finger of god.

Also, if you're under cover (like under a roof) does the UAV still see you? That would be my only complaint, I'm fine if it can only see you out in the open.

@whoever was asking whether players could see players spotted by the UAV in BF2, yes we could. When it was deployed it would have a big symbol with a yellow radar thingy indicating its area and would light the whole area up with red dots like a fire-ant bed.
To be honest I'm never even aware of UAVs anymore they're always just floating somewhere overhead so I can never tell if that's what spotted me or one of the 3890568395890 other things that can reveal me did.

I actually like how they did the bomber with the players getting in the trailer and summoning it. I would like something like that except be destroyable by multiple C4.. maybe 4 C4? If they did that then I wouldn't mind it being tied to a flag as much as it not only gives a reason to defend the flag (you can run up and c4 it to bring it down quick) but it also gives players who WANT to gun in the ac130 a mission to take and hold that flag. I HATE the current first come first serve random spawn in to the AC130.

Date of registration
: Apr 26th 2013

Platform: PS4

Reputation modifier: 15

Thursday, September 4th 2014, 1:15am

I actually like how they did the bomber with the players getting in the trailer and summoning it. I would like something like that except be destroyable by multiple C4.. maybe 4 C4?

Aw heyell no. That has easy troll kills written all over it. Players wait for the Bomber occupant to exit the trailer to fill his face full of lead as is. There's no reason to make the trailer itself destructible with that little protectection. If it were to become destructible, it would need like 5000 HP points or something along those lines.

I HATE the current first come first serve random spawn in to the AC130.

Uh, but that's how the Bomber operates in China Rising pal. You gotta press/ hold the enter key/ button before someone else does. It's really no different than entering the AC-130 from the Spawn screen. And in the quote above, you praise the method of which you acquire the Bomber. I see a contradiction here...
To Aim Assist or not to Aim Assist, that is the question.

Nope. Aim Assist or bust; here's why:

Default Aim Assist Data

Source code

AccelerationInputThreshold 0.98
    AccelerationMultiplier 5.0
    AccelerationDamping 4.0
    AccelerationTimeThreshold 0.15
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
    MaxAcceleration::Vec2
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
    AttractDistanceFallOffs::Vec2
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.75
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 0.45
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom 0.5
    AttractOwnSpeedInfluence 0.0
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.85
    AttractOwnRequiredMovementForMaximumAttract 0.0
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.1
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 1.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.34
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    ViewObstructedKeepTime 0.0
    SnapZoomLateralSpeedLimit 1000.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.2
    SnapZoomReticlePointPriority 999
    SnapZoomAutoEngageTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput 0.2
    SnapZoomBreakMaxInput 0.2
    SnapZoomBreakMinAngle 90.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 1.2
    SoldierBackupSkeletonCollisionData *nullGuid*
    CheckBoneCenterOnlyDistance 40.0

No Slowdown Data

Source code

AccelerationDamping 4.0
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.0
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 1.0
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom -1.0
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.0
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.0
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 0.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.0
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.0
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput -1.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 0.5
    DisableForcedTargetRecalcDistance 7.0

No Auto Rotation Data

Source code

AccelerationDamping 4.0
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.75
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 0.45
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom 0.5
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.85
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.1
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 1.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.34
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.0
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput -1.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 0.5
    DisableForcedTargetRecalcDistance 7.0

Prepare your laughbox

the Sebstalder is quiet good since it can 3hit kill at any distanc ,but In my opinion i actually thikn the sweeper is better, its got a really really fast firerate that can beat alll those Noobmaticos, Helregall adn shitguns in close quarters , and its also really accurate out to like l;ong range,. overall great allround gun, jsut my 2$ tho

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Thursday, September 4th 2014, 1:37am

Some of you seem to be missing the point of Commander mode: Yes, while it's part of "gameplay theme / universe" it mostly seems to be a way to bring BF4 to mobiles too. Thus it can't be made so that commander is a physical player. It also needs something to keep the player interested so we can't have too long reloads with cheapest skills like UAV.
But I agree with one thing: AC130 must be nerfed in one way or another, preferably by increasing its reload a lot. At the moment it will either be a big pain in team's are if enemy has constant AC130 above OR it will take 90% attention of one attack jet / MAA if commander just spams new one after last one is destroyed. In latter case the commander also gets free points just by spamming it.
If somethings needs to be buffed in returns make cruise missile reload bit faster in bigger maps. It's fairly limited anyways.
Also something needs to be done to the case where only one of the teams has a commander. Good commander can be a game-changer.
And I think that is a moronic game design move, period.

Commander mode, and especially it's relationship to the other players was so much superior in BF2 and 2142 when it was an in game presence with physical assets. The mobile nature of the current commander means that he can fight you with cruise missiles, the gunship and UAVs but you can't do anything to fight him.

One of the big issues is that being commander sacrifices your spot in
the server and the actual game itself. Which means lots of rounds with
only one commander compared to the past titles.

It's just a hugely flawed design choice overall.

People (including myself) wanted the BF2/2142 commander back, instead we got a mobile oriented mini-game.

Moon Knight

I didn't participate in off topic so all I got was this crappy title

(279)

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Thursday, September 4th 2014, 1:58am

It's not happening, and it shouldn't either. It helps set Battlefield apart from other FPS's.

Spoiler Spoiler

Will it protect against STD's?

I'm a fan of the show, but not a "Brony". I don't obsess over it, but I do watch it and enjoy it.

That's like saying "I suck dick, but I'm not gay."

Fuck dubstep

Date of registration
: Aug 21st 2012

Reputation modifier: 5

Thursday, September 4th 2014, 2:01am

A good way to make the UAV less affective would be that only those that are standing outside with a veiw of the sky so if you want to hide then you stay underneath something. I think that the resapawn nerf to the AC130 in the CTE update should help SOlve that problem. Maybe the commander can only have the full assets when there are 2 commanders playing so that if there is only one all they can do is give orders or the squad promotions/ammo and vehicle drops.

DeathOfTheDodo

Veni, SMAW, Vici

(863)

Date of registration
: Jun 30th 2013

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Thursday, September 4th 2014, 2:14am

I think that in order to make it less of a drawback, there should be a commander AI in place for when there is no player commander. Large amount of deaths in one area? UAV it. Someone uses the 'Request' function as a squad leader? Actually send them something. Your team holds the AC130 flag? Deploy it. Large group of enemies or armor? Cruise missile.

Hell if DICE doesn't want to take the time to do it I'll fucking code it. That's fun for me.
[SYM]Deathofthedodo
BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED

"AK Attachment Guide"

No.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Thursday, September 4th 2014, 2:14am

Making the UAV last much longer (like two minutes at least) would prevent it from being moved around often, as well as making it worth shooting down. It also needs much less health, one AA missile of any kind needs to kill it, as well as being easily shredded by various cannons and miniguns. A much longer cooldown would also be helpful. It's not hard to think of ways to balance things, people.

That's an excellent idea, Dodo.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration
: Nov 21st 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Thursday, September 4th 2014, 3:12am

These are my biggest issues with Commander Mode at the moment:
-One sided commander matches, regardless of whether the commander is on the enemy team or my team. It's very irritating being on a team that has no commander because the constant support of the commander adds up. Also it is annoying being on the team with the only commander because it typically leads to imbalanced gameplay and I like a fair challenge (which is more than I can say for most 130 Colonels in my region).
-The constant UAV spam. Unless you have a commander to put down Counter-UAVs or are just avoiding UAV hot spots, stealth tactics are out the window. Which I dislike A LOT. Also in rush because the action is so concentrated everyone is on the mini-map at all times. Which contributes to why 'nobody' likes Rush at this point. I loved Rush in BF3 was my favourite game type...BF4 not so much.
-The AC-130 needs re-balancing. There needs to be a cooldown on this... I think everyone can agree. It's just too spammable. Even if your in the Attack Jet and farming kills off it it still takes up valuable time that you could be spending killing other pieces of armour/aircrafts.

If they can fix most of the issues I'd be fine with it.
"As I walk through the valley of the Shadow Of Death, I have no fear because I am the meanest mother ****er in the whole valley"
- Gen. George S. Patton

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Thursday, September 4th 2014, 4:19am

Along with the AC-130 cooldown, Commander is also being removed from Rush in all official servers. Rented servers can choose to re-add it to Rush, but it will be off by default.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration
: May 18th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Thursday, September 4th 2014, 5:49am

@Jslice

Uh, no it isnt. If I think to myself, MAN I SEE LOTS OF TANKS I NEED TO TAKE THEM OUT! I drive myself to the bomber flag, clear out the enemies, then wait for it to be ready, which usually isn't long.

If I think to myself, MAN I NEED SOME AIR SUPPORT ABOUT NOW, I go to the AC130 flag, cap it, then... die? I want someone i trust in the ac130, namely myself, I have to go stupidly die in order to hope to get a seat even though I put in the work to get and protect the flag. Meanwhile some smhuck spawns into it and cant hit shit. People who are actually invested in it would get priority as they would spawn at that flag and run to the trailer, people who actually think to themselves, I want to do this!

Also, assets in BF2 could pretty much only be destroyed by C4, nothing else could harm them if I recall? maybe they could but it took ridiculous amounts of firepower to hurt them?

Gasp! Having to protect a flag for the asset in it? Can't have that now, too much troll bait, should be attacking some other flag with my epic PTFOness while we all play musical flags.