Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Feb 11th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Wednesday, September 3rd 2014, 2:01am

yes, because casuals who don't have the time to play battlefield competitively need to die.
"Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at."

Natsu

Aye sir!

(15)

Date of registration
: Aug 26th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Wednesday, September 3rd 2014, 2:10am

So if I want to customise my guns just a bit, I'm a casual ? I don't get it. Also I still don't see how it really affects you and the gameplay that we got esthetics choices. Please explains because so far it looks like random hate against so-called casuals.
It just really deeply offends me to implement variety for the sake of variety. There has to be a very good reason to implement something, less is almost always better. Who on earth actually customizes their gun in pointless ways besides camo? I honestly didn't even realize you could tell the difference between what grip you are holding, who looks there? It's so outrageous that they would waste time with this stuff instead of balancing the game. It comes off as a massive cash-grab to try and appeal to casuals by saying they have "more" stuff than another game. I really hate that, not only because of its sheer existence in the game, but because it's using this as a benchmark for how games should be made. Now everyone else is going to try to implement more guns and stuff. I really wish we could go back to the days where you had a single burst rifle, a single semi-auto, a single automatic, a single sniper rifle, etc. There's. just. no. point to having all this stuff. The differences are so subtle. Why don't we also have 8 different kinds of tanks? I just don't understand the fascination with having multiple guns in the game. Variety is a terrible argument to me. More variety does not have any correlation at all with more fun. The fact that these things exist in the game are just a slap in the face, and make me have to go through long, drawn out menus and mentally check off what's actually viable and what's not. It really, really bothers me on such a deep level to have a list of 40 things in which I have to mentally check off and say "only 8 of these are viable." I would rather there be a list of 7 things and then I think "6 of these 7 are viable." I just cannot understand how people can enjoy variety for the sake of it. It detracts from the fun of the game so, SO much.

A lot of the gadgets piss me off too. The SUAV is pretty much pointless. If you pick this thing over Soflam or PLD then you're retarded. People only use it for roadkilling. The UCAV is annoying to use and just gives people more of an excuse not to run ammo. I've never even been killed by a UCAV yet, but I definitely see a bunch of supports running it with XM-25 or something. Supports not giving ammo has always been a problem, but in this game I think I can count on one hand how many supports have dropped ammo for me. Then there's the little ammo pack which is obsolete. There's a ton of grenade launcher options that are not as viable as their counterparts as well. Less is more. Make it like Titanfall where there's only one gun of each "kind," and each ability is useful in its own way without feeling redundant or obsolete and my appreciation for this game, or any other bloated game, would rise by 50%.

Date of registration
: Feb 27th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Wednesday, September 3rd 2014, 2:11am

I dont understand why all these competitive only people dont actually play i dont know competitive only games.

CS didnt disappear. Insurgency the game they claim to LOVE but how often do they play it? (utter crap btw)

@natsu

Quite a few "vets" of COD consider cod4 where the ruination of the series began. The casualization and ruination of the competitive scene.

Sorta like TF:C vs TF2

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "MsMuchLove" (Sep 3rd 2014, 2:36am)

DeathOfTheDodo

Veni, SMAW, Vici

(863)

Date of registration
: Jun 30th 2013

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Wednesday, September 3rd 2014, 2:21am

Insurgency the game they claim to LOVE but how often do they play it? (utter crap btw)
Don't be dissing the only hope that exists for modern shooters please, it's like killing the last spider in the world.

Levelcap's view of Battlefield twisted towards making it like other games, not like Battlefield. Any respect I had left for him went out the window when he posted that video. He was right about a couple things though.

RGOs. Jackfrags brought this up a long time ago. I agree with C0llis, but I think the current CTE grenade patches are good enough.

Spawning[another video]. Suppression should stop squad spawning, simple as that. People spawning out of your targets ass is the stupidest shit in this game and I'm amazed it hasn't been patched yet, let alone patched in BF3.
[SYM]Deathofthedodo
BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED

"AK Attachment Guide"

No.

Date of registration
: Feb 27th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Wednesday, September 3rd 2014, 2:28am

I insurgency is the only hope left for "modern shooters"it has already failed by being so crap. Infact im not even sure one could call insurgency modern. ive been playing games/mods pretty much exactly like it for what a decade and a half?

Quoted

It just really deeply offends me to implement variety for the sake of variety.

Are maps included? Game modes? Time period? or is only things you one doesnt like?

Do you dislike 1942 expansions ; secret weapons of ww2? How about Road to Rome?
Rush game mode?

I always used to think he should play some arma. I am so effin glad he doesnt. he would want mod support removed or something equally retarded. In a way Im glad arma is so unbalanced that the majority cant play it competitively.

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "MsMuchLove" (Sep 3rd 2014, 3:06am)

C0llis

Up and down. Bounce all around

(3,334)

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Wednesday, September 3rd 2014, 2:46am

If you want my opinion, I summed it up on a pretty lengthy comment on the video. Last time I checked it was the top rated comment, so some people clearly agree with me.
I searched for it but couldn't find it. Your name is "BenTheHunturk" on youtube, right? Did the comment get deleted?

Things people said

And reading Youtube comments still gives me Turbo Cancer.

It really is quite frustrating when Helen Keller sets up her LMG in the only doorway in/out of an area.

What kind of question is that? Since when is cheese ever a bad idea?

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

hunturk

Owner Of The World's Most Powerful Neck

(1,652)

Date of registration
: Aug 4th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 17

Wednesday, September 3rd 2014, 2:50am

If you want my opinion, I summed it up on a pretty lengthy comment on the video. Last time I checked it was the top rated comment, so some people clearly agree with me.
I searched for it but couldn't find it. Your name is "BenTheHunturk" on youtube, right? Did the comment get deleted?
Nope, here it is:

Personally, i don't take a stance on whether or not there is a creating entity because i'm humble enough to realize, in my fucking insignificance, the concept escapes my comprehension with a lead of 9001 light years.
RIP SRAW

Wadayoutalkenabeet

Oscar and Moe <3

• "ONI" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jul 28th 2014

Reputation modifier: 5

Wednesday, September 3rd 2014, 3:06am

I don't think it's stated in this video (I actually didn't watch it; just saw someone post it on Battlelog and gathered what I know from previous videos I've watched and what was said in the thread), but I remember once he said he wanted headshot multipliers to be removed. The logic is that someone spraying and praying could get a "lucky" headshot and ultimately win the gunfight.

I personally love the headshot multiplier, as realistically, if you get shot twice in the head, you're pretty boned. Imagine headglitching without the multiplier; no hope in hell you'll survive.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,974)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Wednesday, September 3rd 2014, 4:08am

A lot of the gadgets piss me off too. The SUAV is pretty much pointless. If you pick this thing over Soflam or PLD then you're retarded. People only use it for roadkilling. The UCAV is annoying to use and just gives people more of an excuse not to run ammo. I've never even been killed by a UCAV yet, but I definitely see a bunch of supports running it with XM-25 or something. Supports not giving ammo has always been a problem, but in this game I think I can count on one hand how many supports have dropped ammo for me. Then there's the little ammo pack which is obsolete. There's a ton of grenade launcher options that are not as viable as their counterparts as well. Less is more. Make it like Titanfall where there's only one gun of each "kind," and each ability is useful in its own way without feeling redundant or obsolete and my appreciation for this game, or any other bloated game, would rise by 50%.

Unfortunately, Natsu, you are pushing your ego on to other people.

I enjoy the variety that Battlefield 4 provides me in terms of cosmetic attachments. As someone who has difficulty seeing red, I love that DICE gave us the option to use a green laser.

The SUAV is also arguably the best Recon (intel) gadget introduced yet. Sure, PLD and SOFLAM are useful but only if properly coordinated with a Javelin or LGM. Otherwise, it doesn't do much. The SUAV on the other hand, performs the role of the MAV, Motion Balls, and T-UGS far better than any one of them could do. Motion Balls are limited by their throwing distance and let's just say that more than one Recon has died because someone was smart enough to judge the Motion Ball's trajectory. The T-UGS is only useful for defending positions and becomes redudant if someone else puts their own near yours or if a Commander UAV is in the air. Then there's the MAV which has great utility for destroying explosives and other gadgets but unfortunately needs to be replenished by a Support player if it's destroyed when you leave it. To guarantee its longevity, you need to park it in some out of place area.

The SUAV on the other hand, is capable of motion sensing, spotting, and laser designation in a disposable AND reusable capacity. Its range is much farther than the motion ball and is almost like a MAV that laser designates instead of sabotages. The real boon is that it is disposable and self-replenishing. This allows Recons that are doing wide flanks to have a self-sufficient source of intel gathering.

The UCAV is also a very useful gadget that is capable of destroying aircraft and disabling tanks frequently. We have an avid UCAV user here actually.

@ViperFTW

The Ammo Pack, IIRC, gives you two magazines and 1 gadget immediately. This was a buff from BETA and for someone needing a quick resupply, it's sufficient.

Each grenade also offers different options. I personally prefer Flashbangs and Smoke but I can see why people would use V40s and RGOs. It's more their style.

Just because you can't find a use for several gadgets in the game doesn't mean other people haven't. Stop pretending that you're some authority on balance.

There is one thing I'd remove from Battlefield. I feel that it's polluting it more and more. It's making Battlefield less Battlefield with each iteration and DICE needs to fix this immediately.

i would remove whiny scrubs
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "NoctyrneSAGA" (Sep 3rd 2014, 4:36am)

Date of registration
: Apr 26th 2013

Platform: PS4

Reputation modifier: 15

Wednesday, September 3rd 2014, 4:48am

The UCAV is also a very useful gadget that is capable of destroying aircraft and disabling tanks frequently. We have an avid UCAV user here actually.

Viper's not the only UCAV fantatic here. :D

@Natsu

"...gives people an excuse not to run ammo..."

Let me get this straight. So you are implying that you cannot equip an ammo box and a UCAV at the same time. Do you even Support, bro? (Sorry, had to do it :P) Allow me to inform you on a little secret.

You CAN.

In fact the only gadget-combination limitations are double grenade launchers, double M26s, double rocket launchers (applies to AA Mines too), and double XM-25 variants for balance purposes.
To Aim Assist or not to Aim Assist, that is the question.

Nope. Aim Assist or bust; here's why:

Default Aim Assist Data

Source code

AccelerationInputThreshold 0.98
    AccelerationMultiplier 5.0
    AccelerationDamping 4.0
    AccelerationTimeThreshold 0.15
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
    MaxAcceleration::Vec2
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
    AttractDistanceFallOffs::Vec2
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.75
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 0.45
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom 0.5
    AttractOwnSpeedInfluence 0.0
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.85
    AttractOwnRequiredMovementForMaximumAttract 0.0
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.1
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 1.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.34
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    ViewObstructedKeepTime 0.0
    SnapZoomLateralSpeedLimit 1000.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.2
    SnapZoomReticlePointPriority 999
    SnapZoomAutoEngageTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput 0.2
    SnapZoomBreakMaxInput 0.2
    SnapZoomBreakMinAngle 90.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 1.2
    SoldierBackupSkeletonCollisionData *nullGuid*
    CheckBoneCenterOnlyDistance 40.0

No Slowdown Data

Source code

AccelerationDamping 4.0
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.0
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 1.0
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom -1.0
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.0
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.0
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 0.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.0
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.0
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput -1.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 0.5
    DisableForcedTargetRecalcDistance 7.0

No Auto Rotation Data

Source code

AccelerationDamping 4.0
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.75
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 0.45
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom 0.5
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.85
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.1
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 1.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.34
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.0
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput -1.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 0.5
    DisableForcedTargetRecalcDistance 7.0

Prepare your laughbox

the Sebstalder is quiet good since it can 3hit kill at any distanc ,but In my opinion i actually thikn the sweeper is better, its got a really really fast firerate that can beat alll those Noobmaticos, Helregall adn shitguns in close quarters , and its also really accurate out to like l;ong range,. overall great allround gun, jsut my 2$ tho

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "JSLICE20" (Sep 3rd 2014, 5:03am)