Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,156)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Thursday, September 4th 2014, 6:02am

We don't hate change at all, just want it incorporated correctly.

So then, what is a "correct" change?

Because as I see it, people have simply been whining that they have to come up with new ideas, tactics, and strategies.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Jan 31st 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Thursday, September 4th 2014, 6:54am

We don't hate change at all, just want it incorporated correctly.
So then, what is a "correct" change?

Because as I see it, people have simply been whining that they have to come up with new ideas, tactics, and strategies.
1) A change that is justified with a clearly-defined purpose, something that has a good reason to be implemented
2) A change that is very carefully thought-out to avoid having players finding ways to use it in which it was NOT intended for (i.e. exploits/abuse)
3) A change that is extensively tested before implementation
4) A change that is balanced and doesn't negatively affect the balance of any other aspects of the game
5) A change that most players can naturally integrate/accept into their gameplay and therefore truly embrace it as a part of the game

Now lets apply that to Active Radar missiles.

I got nothing. Couldn't even begin to answer the first question, let alone the rest.

Now lets try SUAV.

....still got nothing. MAV already existed for reconnaissance/marking purposes.

Darktan13

Unhappy Camper

(4,678)

Date of registration
: Feb 13th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Thursday, September 4th 2014, 7:06am

Now lets apply that to Active Radar missiles.

I got nothing. Couldn't even begin to answer the first question, let alone the rest.

Well, here's your problem.

You got nothing.

Quoted from "J0hn-Stuart-Mill"

• "ONI" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jul 28th 2014

Reputation modifier: 5

Thursday, September 4th 2014, 8:21am

I can almost guarantee none of you have seen this anime... Stella C³-bu; it's about airsoft

Jesus, I thought a swimming anime was farfetched. Next there will have to be an underwater basketweaving anime (watch that already be a thing I don't know about).

My antipathy of anime aside, good analogy. Shows the two types of players in FPS games well. There's the people who want to have fun regardless of win/loss, kill/death, et cetera. Then there's the players that are "tryhards" and do whatever it takes to win/get a kill. These aren't too divorced from one another; there's shades of gray inbetween, but these are the extremes. I'm personally more about fun than competition, stats, and the like. I'd rather have a game where I'm doing poorly but having fun than an unfun game where I do well. Although most of the time, I'm having fun when I'm doing well, so like I said, it's not black and white.

Precisely.

If you want a hint, nihilism is always a great help to learning just where you are in the food chain.

Not so much nihilism as it is objectivism. The ability to look at something without bias and willing to be proven wrong. As opposed to absolutism, where it's a completely biased perspective and nothing anyone says can sway you.

Natsu

Aye sir!

(15)

Date of registration
: Aug 26th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Thursday, September 4th 2014, 8:38am

Not so much nihilism as it is objectivism.
I think the term is "objectivity." Objectivism sounds intuitively correct but Rand tainted the term. :P

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Thursday, September 4th 2014, 8:47am

I can almost guarantee none of you have seen this anime... Stella C³-bu; it's about airsoft

Jesus, I thought a swimming anime was farfetched. Next there will have to be an underwater basketweaving anime (watch that already be a thing I don't know about).

Well, airsoft is from Japan. I also play, so that's part of my interest.
Who Enjoys, Wins

elementofprgress

Wizard moderator

(3,544)

Date of registration
: Jun 28th 2012

Battlelog:

Thursday, September 4th 2014, 9:38am

I go threw this thread and all I see is whine whine whine whine. or it is whining about the people who whine. Fuck the video by it nature flows against the nature and rules of Symthic. You don't like something, think of way to improve it instead.

If any of the mods disagree with me feel free to open this thread back up.

PS
This is a warning about personal attacks. Sarcastic remarks, little quips, and shit like that still counts as a personal attack even if it is indirect. I'm gonna start marking peoples accounts with warnings. This will lead to temp bans, which will lead to perm bans. You may think your just being sarcastic and funny but you are making this community look more and more immature.

P.P.S.
@BleedingUranium
You're anime reference was great lol

Symthic Forum Rules
Battlefield Data Browser
Come join us on teamspeak!!!
Symthic/Team Symthic Teamspeak: TeamSym.Nitrado.net

Date of registration
: Apr 12th 2013

Battlelog:

Thursday, September 4th 2014, 9:38am

I hate when people say: "If you want a competitive shooter, go play *insert 5-10 year old* competitive shooter." Why do the casual games always get to be the ones with improvements? Why do the competitive players have to be the ones playing a game with outdated graphics and a triple digit player base? Face the facts, no one is making competitive games anymore. There's no money in pissing gamers off with a savage experience because they didn't train hard at their chosen game

There is so much intrinsic contradiction here. You want the game to demand hard training from 'competitive players' but apparently this hard training should go into very simple/low-level aspects of rather simple games (cf. CS) rather than training to become the smartest guy on the field.

The amount of practice needed to become good does not depend on the quality of the game: you need a hell of a lot practice to master BF4 at a competitive level and there, instead of (or in addition to) perfecting your recoil control, you need to master the immense tactical complexity that combined arms BF4 offers. See, you can have nice graphics in a competitive game ;). Go look how 5vs5 (quite simple) and 8vs8 (much more diverse) matches work out.

The ideal competitive game implied in your post is an oxymoron. The players, leagues, and organizations make a game "competitive" much more than a game itself.

And for any definition of real competition, you do want the game to be played by millions. A game cannot be exclusively competitive just like there is not a single sport that has professional athletes but no junior/hobby-level activities. This is exactly why such strictly competitive games are becoming extinct - there is no new blood to be spilled on the field. On the other hand, DOTA2 is a prime example of an extremely competitive game with a healthy multi-million-player 'casual' playerbase that seeds the emergence of competitive teams.
"Less is more? How can that be? How could less be more, that's impossible. More is more." Yngwie Malmsten
"Many bullets help." WoopsyYaya
"most rhetorically legitimate ad hominem 2015" ToTheSun!