Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "ONI" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jul 28th 2014

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 5

Tuesday, September 2nd 2014, 10:56pm

"Cleaning up the Battlefield"

So this video by LvlCap was posted a couple of days ago: Cleaning Up Battlefield 4 - What Can We Remove To Make The Game Better? - YouTube

I was just wondering what people's thoughts are. He seems to want a more streamlined and barebones game, versus the expansive and varied game that BF4 is.

I don't normally watch LvlCap videos. I unsubscribed when he stopped being informative and started being whiny (it got to a point where his in-game name was "FIXTHENETCODE"), and this video shows his attitude hasn't changed. I personally prefer having more in the game rather than less, especially if it's well-balanced. And I played BF3 again for a few hours last night, and can say that I like the balance a lot more in BF4, with weapons, attachments, and equipment being more split apart rather than having one M16A3 to rule them all, one Kobra to find them, one medic bag to bring them all, and in the darkness revive them.

What do you think?

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Tuesday, September 2nd 2014, 11:14pm

Typical FailCap. Something is over or underpowered? Remove it! Can't figure out how to properly use something? Must be useless, remove it! Interferes with run and gun AR-only gameplay? Can't have that, remove it!

This is the guy that, when doing a review on the scoped Magnum, used a Compensator.
Who Enjoys, Wins

C0llis

Up and down. Bounce all around

(3,334)

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Tuesday, September 2nd 2014, 11:17pm

I think LevelCrap is a whiny bitch that should git gud and stop spewing shit because he doesn't understand the consequences his incompetency has on the BF community.

LevelCap doesn't want BF, he wants CS - he just doesn't know it himself yet.

The only points I agree about in the video are the AC130 and RGO, both of which preferably shouldn't be in the game to begin with. That said, the AC130 could be somewhat more balanced if it was given an actual cooldown (plus, commander mode is about to be re-balanced, so there is that too). I'd rather have RGOs be finishers instead of the all-kit anti-infantry RPGs they are now; I'd like to see them do 50 damage, forcing the user to do more damage to the target first. The benefit of them would of course be that the target doesn't have time to escape but they are shitty grenades in every other regard that matters.

Things people said

And reading Youtube comments still gives me Turbo Cancer.

It really is quite frustrating when Helen Keller sets up her LMG in the only doorway in/out of an area.

What kind of question is that? Since when is cheese ever a bad idea?

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "C0llis" (Sep 2nd 2014, 11:23pm)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, September 2nd 2014, 11:23pm

^ Agreed, and also RGOs should explode on contact, not after that half-second delay. The delay makes them able to bounce off door/window frames and around corners, then exploding without chance of escape, which is exactly what you want out of a grenade, really. If they had no delay, you would essentially have to be in line of sight with your target to use them, which would make them significantly less useful.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration
: Apr 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Tuesday, September 2nd 2014, 11:32pm

If he wants to clean up Battlefield he should just move to CS and stop whining. :rolleyes:
Symplot @BF4 | @BF3

• "ONI" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jul 28th 2014

Reputation modifier: 5

Tuesday, September 2nd 2014, 11:41pm

Typical FailCap. Something is over or underpowered? Remove it! Can't figure out how to properly use something? Must be useless, remove it! Interferes with run and gun AR-only gameplay? Can't have that, remove it!

This is the guy that, when doing a review on the scoped Magnum, used a Compensator.
Yeah, to him the M16A3 is some golden Adonis of weapon balancing and everything else is either overpowered or underpowered. All he wants is Noshahr Canals TDM M16A3, Fox only, Final Destination.

Wait what? Compensator... scoped magnum? He can't be that dumb. When was this? I need to see dat shet...

But yeah, Counter Strike. Last time someone posted one of his videos on Reddit (the one with his insight on good level design, i.e. no verticality whatsoever), I called him a hack that only plays BF4 for the money, and if he really loved Counter Strike so much he should upload videos of it instead. Someone countered saying he did, and that I should check my facts first. I looked and there were only like four Counter Strike videos uploaded on his account, ever.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, September 2nd 2014, 11:54pm

Wait what? Compensator... scoped magnum? He can't be that dumb. When was this? I need to see dat shet...

I just checked and it seems my memory is failing me a bit, he doesn't use the Comp in the actual gameplay, but it's on the gun for the video's thumbnail picture.

Agreed about Counter Strike, he thinks all there should be to gameplay is who can aim and click fire the fastest, which, to me, is extremely simplistic gameplay. Strategy and tactics are far more valuable than twitch reflexes.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration
: Apr 16th 2013

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Wednesday, September 3rd 2014, 12:24am

This video was LevelCap hitting rock bottom, and the dislikes show it. I really don't understand why he still plays BF4 when all he does is continuously blast it. Just go play BF1942. There is a reason some people still play old games... maybe because they prefer them over what's out today?

His point that the LVG should be removed because he hates it when "the grenade basically gets to your feet right when it's about to detonate" was just absurd. He complains about this but not regular grenades? How about a plain old 320? That gives NO warning when it's at your feet. It pains the BF community when someone with such flawed logic is your number 1 YouTuber.

Date of registration
: Nov 21st 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Wednesday, September 3rd 2014, 12:52am

I wasn't a fan of when he suggested completely scrapping jets... Flying jets is one of my favourite things to do in BF games. He did go a little bit over the top with his 'clean up' ideas.
"As I walk through the valley of the Shadow Of Death, I have no fear because I am the meanest mother ****er in the whole valley"
- Gen. George S. Patton

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 17

Wednesday, September 3rd 2014, 1:03am

uninstall scrub
[Aristocrat's Shoes]
TLDR -
Teamwork is where players function by themselves, but their effectiveness is multiplied when they work together. Not a checklist of "did we bring a healer so we can start playing?"