Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Nov 21st 2013

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Tuesday, September 2nd 2014, 3:27am

@ Retribution

You would fight in under 30 meters because that's how you PTFO. I guess this all stems more from my harshly ingrained mindset that killing people on objectives is completely irrelevant to the outcome of a game. I think it's all about flag caps and kills mean nothing whatsoever. With a 5 second respawn time, or the enemies you just killed getting revived, I feel like it's completely pointless unless your entire team is coordinating exactly when the tank shell is landing and killing 3+ people at 200 meters while your chopper does a strafe which is communicated and pointed out so that the infantry know they now have 5 seconds to get into the flag and actually do something.

Fighting in under 30m is how you die and need to wait for the tank to re-spawn. I think you are grossly underestimating how close 30m is in game. Also if I'm playing armour I'm not going to go balls to the wall onto the point. That would just lead to me dying and taking the pressure off the point. If I can stay alive near to capture point (not 200m away, more like 50-100m) and put pressure on it it allows for my team-mates to push up onto the flag. When I play armour I am an asset, I put pressure on the flags, take out enemy armour and demoralize the enemy infantry. I'm not some glorified war-machine that can charge in onto the point and engage multiple infantry from multiple angles at ranges under 30m. Even though that would be considered PTFOing your not playing smart with the armour. Even if you aren't directly on the capture point you are still influencing the taking of that point by supporting the team at that objective. If your piece of amour or aircraft is dead your not PTFOing either, that's why you need to play smart and be a supporting asset to your team.
"As I walk through the valley of the Shadow Of Death, I have no fear because I am the meanest mother ****er in the whole valley"
- Gen. George S. Patton

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,325)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Tuesday, September 2nd 2014, 4:03am

@ Retribution

You would fight in under 30 meters because that's how you PTFO. I guess this all stems more from my harshly ingrained mindset that killing people on objectives is completely irrelevant to the outcome of a game. I think it's all about flag caps and kills mean nothing whatsoever. With a 5 second respawn time, or the enemies you just killed getting revived, I feel like it's completely pointless unless your entire team is coordinating exactly when the tank shell is landing and killing 3+ people at 200 meters while your chopper does a strafe which is communicated and pointed out so that the infantry know they now have 5 seconds to get into the flag and actually do something.

Fighting in under 30m is how you die and need to wait for the tank to re-spawn. I think you are grossly underestimating how close 30m is in game. Also if I'm playing armour I'm not going to go balls to the wall onto the point. That would just lead to me dying and taking the pressure off the point. If I can stay alive near to capture point (not 200m away, more like 50-100m) and put pressure on it it allows for my team-mates to push up onto the flag. When I play armour I am an asset, I put pressure on the flags, take out enemy armour and demoralize the enemy infantry. I'm not some glorified war-machine that can charge in onto the point and engage multiple infantry from multiple angles at ranges under 30m. Even though that would be considered PTFOing your not playing smart with the armour. Even if you aren't directly on the capture point you are still influencing the taking of that point by supporting the team at that objective. If your piece of amour or aircraft is dead your not PTFOing either, that's why you need to play smart and be a supporting asset to your team.

Exactly.

If you're in a tank and using its firepower to eliminate anyone who spawns on the flag before they kill your teammates on it, that's PTFOing as well.

Taking a tank and putting it in the capture radius is begging for C4.

@Natsu

There is more to PTFO than taking a flag. Supporting the people who are taking it counts as well.

Sitting on the flag isn't going to help anyone if all it does is get you, your teammates, and any other team assets killed. That's simply helping the enemy team win.

You can't just say PTFO is sitting on a flag. That is way too simplistic.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "NoctyrneSAGA" (Sep 2nd 2014, 4:32am)

C0llis

Up and down. Bounce all around

(3,334)

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Tuesday, September 2nd 2014, 12:45pm

Sending players back to the respawn screen is always useful. That's not saying that only killing enemies is going to win games, but killing enemies that are not on flags (often headed for an objective) serves a purpose. The enemy cannot contest your flags if they are forced to spawn back on their own flags.

Things people said

And reading Youtube comments still gives me Turbo Cancer.

It really is quite frustrating when Helen Keller sets up her LMG in the only doorway in/out of an area.

What kind of question is that? Since when is cheese ever a bad idea?

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

Date of registration
: Mar 25th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Tuesday, September 2nd 2014, 8:49pm

Is this a PC thing? Tank secondaries besides the canister cannot kill a thing for me. There's no way you are lining up infantry with an HMG farther than 50 meters.
HMG is awesome. I like the cannister, too. I switch to zoom with the HMG and take out engis with headshots at long range. I also play on xboxone.

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Tuesday, September 2nd 2014, 8:53pm

Is this a PC thing? Tank secondaries besides the canister cannot kill a thing for me. There's no way you are lining up infantry with an HMG farther than 50 meters.
HMG is awesome. I like the cannister, too. I switch to zoom with the HMG and take out engis with headshots at long range. I also play on xboxone.
I'm actually one of the very few PC tankers that swears by cannister. Almost everyone else runs HMG.