Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Natsu

Aye sir!

(15)

• "Natsu" started this thread

Date of registration
: Aug 26th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Monday, September 1st 2014, 4:16am

The LMG is my preferred if I'm not using canister as well due to the bullet speed. I have noticed that the turning speed of tank turrets on PC is literally about double the speed that it can turn on console. Tanks are typically extremely tunnel visioned. Also, I'm not sure if this is true of PC, but the secondary gunner seat is literally pointless on console other than providing proxy scan. For some reason, the sensitivity on it is so BS no matter what. It doesn't matter what your soldier sensitivity settings are. The thing actually appears to speed up its sensitivity when you zoom in, and you don't have any aim assist with it at all. It rivals stealth jets in terms of difficulty killing infantry.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,156)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Monday, September 1st 2014, 4:37am

Tanks are typically extremely tunnel visioned. Also, I'm not sure if this is true of PC, but the secondary gunner seat is literally pointless on console other than providing proxy scan.

It isn't.

PC can just up their native mouse sensitivity and IIRC, the vehicles have a working sensitivity slider. On top of that, there's the third person camera.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Aug 11th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Monday, September 1st 2014, 5:04am

Well the Console vs PC thing might explains why your view is so different on this subject.

Because as much as I want to be open-minded, I can't picture for my life a squad of 5 AT Engineers beating a squad of .. let's say 1 MBT with 2 Mechanical Engineers + 2 Assaults and one carbine Recon with sensors for good measure.

Like not at all. Smoke + heavy repair can easily blocks a few rockets then the others soldiers kills your AT while they tunnel-vision the tank.

Date of registration
: May 18th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Monday, September 1st 2014, 7:07am

AH ok. We pretty much are playing different games in some respects then. IT is hard to overstate how mouse and keyboard gives jesus aim to anyone who is good be it with guns or vehicles. It is trivial to make snap shots with the tank weapons on PC with the mouse, I imagine it would be harder to aim with slower turret movement and thumbsticks.

Of course this brings up a huge balance problem when the game can play so differently across platforms but its supposed to be the "same" game and thus balanced the same despite wildly different input devices.

I am still dubious of your claim even on consoles if the vehicles are good, but on PC it is just pants on head!

@ Gulf of Oman

Its a poop map, has always been. It was in BF2, then they brought it back in BF3... ok w/e... but they bring it back in BF4??? srsly? :|

I to have been arguing to take half the flag spawned vehicles out of that map since BF2... I think it was a worse addition than Metro tbh for the DLC... and I'm srs...

Natsu

Aye sir!

(15)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, September 1st 2014, 7:35am

Yeah I've always hated Oman. I would have loved Sharqi or Wake in its place. It's also starting to make sense why so many people on this forum place emphasis on longer range encounters. Almost no one can hit anyone at range in console. Take Guilin Peaks between C and B CQ large for instance. Some people will attempt to fire at the other team at their flag from their own. But non-snipers will only get 1 or 2 kills there. Most people just rush out through the trenches or hills to get closer because it's so hard to aim. Console players in general tend to ignore enemies at mid-long range in favor of just running towards them, knowing that neither party can kill each other. It's kind of like everyone is using SMG's.

Date of registration
: Nov 21st 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Monday, September 1st 2014, 12:20pm

Is this a PC thing? Tank secondaries besides the canister cannot kill a thing for me. There's no way you are lining up infantry with an HMG farther than 50 meters.

I play on Console and I have no issue lining up people at 50+ metres with the HMG in the Tank. Also there is no way I would want to be playing an engagement withing 30m or less. That's way to in your face. How would I be able to pillar or have an exit plan if I'm in your face? Also the secondary seat is not useless on console. If you buddy runs gunner soflam you are essentially getting one of the Recon's best gadgets for free when in the gunner. Then one of you busts out the SRAW and you can take down helicopters. Works even better in the IFVs because they have TOW missiles which can lock on and dish out stupid amounts of damage.
"As I walk through the valley of the Shadow Of Death, I have no fear because I am the meanest mother ****er in the whole valley"
- Gen. George S. Patton

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Monday, September 1st 2014, 10:45pm

I play on Console and I have no issue lining up people at 50+ metres with the HMG in the Tank.

The difference between PC and console is definitely being exaggerated.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Natsu

Aye sir!

(15)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, September 2nd 2014, 2:46am

@ Retribution

You would fight in under 30 meters because that's how you PTFO. I guess this all stems more from my harshly ingrained mindset that killing people on objectives is completely irrelevant to the outcome of a game. I think it's all about flag caps and kills mean nothing whatsoever. With a 5 second respawn time, or the enemies you just killed getting revived, I feel like it's completely pointless unless your entire team is coordinating exactly when the tank shell is landing and killing 3+ people at 200 meters while your chopper does a strafe which is communicated and pointed out so that the infantry know they now have 5 seconds to get into the flag and actually do something.

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Tuesday, September 2nd 2014, 2:52am

@ Retribution

You would fight in under 30 meters because that's how you PTFO. I guess this all stems more from my harshly ingrained mindset that killing people on objectives is completely irrelevant to the outcome of a game. I think it's all about flag caps and kills mean nothing whatsoever. With a 5 second respawn time, or the enemies you just killed getting revived, I feel like it's completely pointless unless your entire team is coordinating exactly when the tank shell is landing and killing 3+ people at 200 meters while your chopper does a strafe which is communicated and pointed out so that the infantry know they now have 5 seconds to get into the flag and actually do something.

If you don't kill people on flag radius you don't cap flags. :thumbdown:

Natsu

Aye sir!

(15)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, September 2nd 2014, 3:11am

I'm obviously talking about killing them up close...

Killing them from afar gives them time to spawn back in before you can get to the flag. Killing while on the flag will draw out the rest of them and let you kill everyone else before their buddies will spawn on them.