Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

MrT3a

The only man who ever reported his own post!

(920)

Date of registration
: Jul 19th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Saturday, August 9th 2014, 10:50am

Two things may happen when I'm HVT : they hunt me down and I get one of the best kill streak in my life, or they don't care at all and I just die stupidly by jumping from too high ^^

HVT is useless

Sent from phone.
Stats thingy

Quotes of wisdom (maybe)

I'm a battlefield player, good sir. I don't play metro.

PC is no longer PC master race. It's PC mustard race, because consoles need to ketchup :'D

DICE gave so much into making commander better, but lemmings be lemmings I guess.

As a good guy that don't want to use overly glitched weapons, I'll quit using the MTAR and switch to the ACWR until it's fixed

The world needs more people like you

+1, I think we're all in agreement that more MrT3as would be an awesome thing :love:
Although if that was the case they'd use up so much of the world's awesome that there'd be none left for the rest of us! :D

yes, I know, I'm a big-ass hypocrite

Date of registration
: Mar 26th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Saturday, August 9th 2014, 10:59am

Honestly, as far as commander's tools go, this is one of the most useful ones. It's hard to miss, quite rewarding so folks might actually go at it, and in the best case scenario someone who's an obvious threat gets taken out. Especially for campers and whatnot, that's a big blow that can greatly increase the chances of the other team.
Besides, getting tagged as HVT ups the ante in both ways, it's high risk for extra rewards. Psychologically, that's supposed to increase happiness.

I also don't think Battlefield is really all about killstreaks either. PTFO or DIe and all that jazz.
Sincerely, Kaiser Wilhelm II

MrT3a

The only man who ever reported his own post!

(920)

Date of registration
: Jul 19th 2012

Battlelog:

Saturday, August 9th 2014, 11:03am

Kaiser, you can get stupidly good streak defending an objective ^^ and kill streaks can naturally happen without you even trying to play seriously ^^ back on topic now ^^

Sent from phone.
Stats thingy

Quotes of wisdom (maybe)

I'm a battlefield player, good sir. I don't play metro.

PC is no longer PC master race. It's PC mustard race, because consoles need to ketchup :'D

DICE gave so much into making commander better, but lemmings be lemmings I guess.

As a good guy that don't want to use overly glitched weapons, I'll quit using the MTAR and switch to the ACWR until it's fixed

The world needs more people like you

+1, I think we're all in agreement that more MrT3as would be an awesome thing :love:
Although if that was the case they'd use up so much of the world's awesome that there'd be none left for the rest of us! :D

yes, I know, I'm a big-ass hypocrite

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Saturday, August 9th 2014, 7:27pm

Some commander assets on smaller maps are simply game breaking for me. It's ridiculous the amount of influence someone who's laying down on his couch with his ipad can have on a 64p match. Gunship, hvt, UAVs are all too powerful IMO.

If there's only one commander playing and he's at least decent, it's incredible harder to capture (and maintain) C and B on flood zone or B on paracel for example. I won't even mention how bad locker/zavod are with only one commander.

The HVT is usually a death sentence for infantry. My last rage with this feature was on propaganda. I was successfully defending the C flag with some teammates and both sides had commanders. All of a sudden the doritos were all pointing at me and grenades, rockets and tank shells were exploding nearby. To be honest, I had never seen those buildings coming down that fast before.

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Saturday, August 9th 2014, 8:04pm

On the meta-topic: I don't think the commander works in the current implementation where assets are tied to flags instead of in-field uncap assets, the out of bound uncap, and no in-game avatar. When people wanted the commander back after BF3, I feel like they were looking for a classic implementation of it ala 2142/BF2. At least that's what I wanted. Bring back the "in-game" commander as a commanding option at the very least you are guaranteed to have a commander on each side. A half-active commander who is also playing is still infinitely better than no commander, at least according to my 2142/BF2 experience.

As for HVT: it's not a huge deal in vehicles, however it does make you a giant LGM magnet for the pair or trio of jets on the other team, and that can result in a pretty quick death if the other assets on your team aren't keeping them busy.