Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "JSLICE20" started this thread

Date of registration
: Apr 26th 2013

Platform: PS4

Reputation modifier: 15

Thursday, August 7th 2014, 8:04pm

CTE Thus Far

Updates from the Battlefield: Core Gameplay Improvements - The Battlefield Blog | The Battlefield Blog

"As some of you may know, our team at DICE LA is working hard to finish the next game update for Battlefield 4, aiming at a release in September. Meanwhile, we’re continuing to utilize the Battlefield 4 Community Test Environment to gather feedback and make various improvements to the game.

Core Gameplay Update

The current CTE initiative revolves around making the core gameplay of Battlefield 4 even better. This initiative has been in full swing for little over two months now, and we’ve made a lot tweaks and changes that we hope you have enjoyed. As we’re nearing the end of this initiative and the release of the next Battlefield 4 update, these are the major fixes that it will include:

Game Mode Improvements

General improvements and tweaks have been made to the following game modes: Rush, Obliteration, Obliteration Competitive, Capture the Flag and Carrier Assault.

Visual Recoil

Close and medium range optic reticules do not move with the gun any longer, however both bullet spread and bullet drop are still present.

Soldier Movement

Changes have been made to soldier movement so that it closely matches the one in Battlefield 3, but without compromising the visual fidelity. This change also makes it easier to get away from undesirable firefights.

Additionally, we’ve dampened third person hit reactions where the soldier previously moved his head around a lot when getting shot at

HUD Triage

Focusing on clarity, and de-cluttering the HUD/UI to only show what is important – we have added several options and functionality to make your screen much less cluttered (and give you a lot of choice in making it the way you want).

Revive Mechanic Improvements

A special effort went into making revives easier to use, more robust and easier to understand. Additions include a “fully charged” paddle sound, UI indication on revive time and better networked ragdolls.

“Netcode” Improvements

Making ping differences, trade kills and kills behind cover less of an issue by lowering the time allowed to damage on the client side.

Automatic High Frequency Update setting enforced with the intent of release to all platforms, including Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Improvements to bullet damage times from client to client, “dusting” and de-syncs.

Vehicle Balance

Identifying and tweaking the top vehicles in need of buffs and nerfs.

Weapon Balance

We’ve focused on maintaining a consistent Time To Kill (how long an average engagement lasts for). With the changes to visual recoil, the third person hit reactions and improved “tickrates” has been sped up somewhat as we still need to balance this with damage and recoil changes.

Suppression systems has also been re-tuned and made clearer.

What’s next?

The next initiative on the CTE will be called the Teamplay Initiative. Here we will focus on improving teamplay and the objective aspects of playing Battlefield. This will include everything from Commander, Squads, Field Upgrades and Game Mode improvements, features and bug fixes."
To Aim Assist or not to Aim Assist, that is the question.

Nope. Aim Assist or bust; here's why:

Default Aim Assist Data

Source code

AccelerationInputThreshold 0.98
    AccelerationMultiplier 5.0
    AccelerationDamping 4.0
    AccelerationTimeThreshold 0.15
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
    MaxAcceleration::Vec2
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
    AttractDistanceFallOffs::Vec2
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.75
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 0.45
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom 0.5
    AttractOwnSpeedInfluence 0.0
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.85
    AttractOwnRequiredMovementForMaximumAttract 0.0
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.1
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 1.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.34
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    ViewObstructedKeepTime 0.0
    SnapZoomLateralSpeedLimit 1000.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.2
    SnapZoomReticlePointPriority 999
    SnapZoomAutoEngageTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput 0.2
    SnapZoomBreakMaxInput 0.2
    SnapZoomBreakMinAngle 90.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 1.2
    SoldierBackupSkeletonCollisionData *nullGuid*
    CheckBoneCenterOnlyDistance 40.0

No Slowdown Data

Source code

AccelerationDamping 4.0
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.0
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 1.0
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom -1.0
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.0
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.0
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 0.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.0
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.0
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput -1.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 0.5
    DisableForcedTargetRecalcDistance 7.0

No Auto Rotation Data

Source code

AccelerationDamping 4.0
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.75
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 0.45
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom 0.5
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.85
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.1
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 1.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.34
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.0
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput -1.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 0.5
    DisableForcedTargetRecalcDistance 7.0

Prepare your laughbox

the Sebstalder is quiet good since it can 3hit kill at any distanc ,but In my opinion i actually thikn the sweeper is better, its got a really really fast firerate that can beat alll those Noobmaticos, Helregall adn shitguns in close quarters , and its also really accurate out to like l;ong range,. overall great allround gun, jsut my 2$ tho

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "JSLICE20" (Aug 8th 2014, 9:33pm)

hunturk

Owner Of The World's Most Powerful Neck

(1,652)

Date of registration
: Aug 4th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 17

Thursday, August 7th 2014, 8:26pm

Oh god

BF3 movement

Hhhhnnnnggggggggggggg
Personally, i don't take a stance on whether or not there is a creating entity because i'm humble enough to realize, in my fucking insignificance, the concept escapes my comprehension with a lead of 9001 light years.
RIP SRAW

Wadayoutalkenabeet

Oscar and Moe <3

Date of registration
: Jan 16th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Thursday, August 7th 2014, 11:45pm

Oh god

BF3 movement

Hhhhnnnnggggggggggggg
Does that mean instant sprint is back? What does this mean exactly? I've played both but this is very vague on what is changing.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,156)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Thursday, August 7th 2014, 11:50pm

Oh god

BF3 movement

Hhhhnnnnggggggggggggg
Does that mean instant sprint is back? What does this mean exactly? I've played both but this is very vague on what is changing.

Some interesting changes about movement speed threw out the CTE and some retail/BF3 data for reference.

Retail(Dragons Teeth)

Source code

CharacterStatePoseInfo a266a8697cdfad4bb55f99536f2551f6
    $::DataContainer
    PoseType CharacterPoseType_Stand
    Velocity 4.0
    AccelerationGain 0.35
    DecelerationGain -15.0
    SprintGain 0.15
    SprintMultiplier 1.625
    SpeedModifier::SpeedModifierData
        ForwardConstant 1.0
        BackwardConstant 0.75
        LeftConstant 0.75
        RightConstant 0.75
    ShallowWaterMultiplier 0.65
CharacterStatePoseInfo a454cef0b

BF3(End Game)

Source code

Velocity 4.0
    AccelerationGain 0.35
    DecelerationGain -15.0
    SprintGain 0.25
    SprintMultiplier 1.625
        ForwardConstant 1.0
        BackwardConstant 0.75
        LeftConstant 0.75
        RightConstant 0.75

CTE Path 15

Source code

Velocity 4.0
    AccelerationGain 0.6
    DecelerationGain -22.0
    SprintGain 0.75
    SprintMultiplier 1.625
        ForwardConstant 1.0
        BackwardConstant 0.75
        LeftConstant 0.75
        RightConstant 0.75

CTE Patch 16

Source code

Velocity 4.0
    AccelerationGain 0.55
    DecelerationGain -22.0
    SprintGain 0.75
    SprintMultiplier 1.625
        ForwardConstant 1.0
        BackwardConstant 0.75
        LeftConstant 0.75
        RightConstant 0.75

CTE Patch 17

Source code

Velocity 4.0
    AccelerationGain 0.4
    DecelerationGain -15.0
    SprintGain 0.25
    SprintMultiplier 1.625
        ForwardConstant 1.0
        BackwardConstant 0.75
        LeftConstant 0.75
        RightConstant 0.75
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

ViperFTW

Suidae cathexis

(2,737)

Date of registration
: Jul 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Friday, August 8th 2014, 6:46pm

Updates from the Battlefield: Core Gameplay Improvements - The Battlefield Blog | The Battlefield Blog

"As some of you may know, our team at DICE LA is working hard to finish the next game update for Battlefield 4, aiming at a release in September. Meanwhile, we’re continuing to utilize the Battlefield 4 Community Test Environment to gather feedback and make various improvements to the game.

Why?

Core Gameplay Update

The current CTE initiative revolves around making the core gameplay of Battlefield 4 even better substantially shitter. This initiative has been in full swing for little over two months now (coulda fooled me...), and we’ve made a lot tweaks and changes that we hope you have enjoyed (Not really...). As we’re nearing the end of this initiative (THANK GOD- Wait he didn't mean the end of the CTE altogether did he? Aww fuck...) and the release of the next Battlefield 4 update, these are the major fixes that it will include:

Game Mode Improvements

General improvements and tweaks have been made to the following game modes: Rush, Obliteration, Obliteration Competitive, Capture the Flag and Carrier Assault. (I'm gonna infer this means they've changed nothing or 'Netcode fixes'...So essentially nothing...)

Visual Recoil

Close and medium range optic reticules do not move with the gun any longer (Could this be the only good change this CTE thing's shat out yet? More than likely!), however both bullet spread and bullet drop are still present. (Why the fuck would they be affected? Anyone else get the feeling DICE did something stupid with this like tie the drop and velocity stats TO the fucking visual recoil?)

Soldier Movement

Changes have been made to soldier movement so that it closely matches the one in Battlefield 3 (*Vomits profusely and continues to vomit until only blood begins to come out* Well looks like I'm spending the next month of my life in this game re-learning the fucking movement system), but without compromising the visual fidelity (Oh thank God, I thought for a second there my precious visual fidelity would be destroyed by...Moving...Again, get the feeling they'd initially tied this to something else...). This change also makes it easier to get away from undesirable firefights. (Two-fold reaction: 1) Cos it was too hard before to turn back around the corner you came around and 2) Get away from undesirable firefights?! The fuck does that even mean? Being outnumbered or not having the sense to bring a decent gun or what?!)

Additionally, we’ve dampened third person hit reactions where the soldier previously moved his head around a lot when getting shot at (...I don't even know what this means...)

HUD Triage

Focusing on clarity, and de-cluttering the HUD/UI to only show what is important – we have added several options and functionality to make your screen much less cluttered (and give you a lot of choice in making it the way you want). (How the fuck does this work? Everything on screen is important so giving us the option to turn off important things won't make the HUD any less shit! It'll just make you not know what side players are on and not tell you who needs ammo or meds...)

Revive Mechanic Improvements

A special effort went into making revives easier to use, more robust and easier to understand. Additions include a “fully charged” paddle sound, UI indication on revive time and better networked ragdolls. (...Second good change this CTE has shat out, carry on...)

“Netcode” Improvements (*Readies shotgun aimed at his skull*)

Making ping differences, trade kills and kills behind cover less of an issue by lowering the time allowed to damage on the client side. (I don't understand what they fucking mean by this but I'm gonna assume its bad regardless...Less time to do stuff sounds pretty fucking bad regardless.)

Automatic High Frequency Update setting enforced with the intent of release to all platforms, including Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Improvements to bullet damage times from client to client, “dusting” and de-syncs. (See above comment, *lowers shotgun*)

Vehicle Balance

Identifying and tweaking the top vehicles in need of buffs and nerfs. (Can you be more specific? I HATE it when they're not specific, makes me thing they're either gonna do something wonderful l;ike removing 25mms from Scout Helis or something game-breakingly awful like make 7.62mm rounds damage tanks...)

Weapon Balance

We’ve focused on maintaining a consistent Time To Kill (how long an average engagement lasts for) (*re-readies shotgun aimed at face*). With the changes to visual recoil, the third person hit reactions and improved “tickrates” has been sped up somewhat as we still need to balance this with damage and recoil changes. (*pulls trigger, both barrels, blood, Irn-Bru, confetti EVERYWHERE!!!* I've got a better idea guys! How about you accept that everything you said there, with the exception of visual recoil, affects literally NOTHING and have the balls to tell your player base to get better at the fucking game!!! The guns, on average, don't need re-balancing! People need to nerf their moaning and buff their aim...)

Suppression systems has also been re-tuned and made clearer. (I know but I can't blow my head off twice...If I could I would though...)

What’s next? (The mass suicide of DICE, everyone in the CTE and everyone who supports it?)

The next initiative on the CTE will be called the Teamplay Initiative. Here we will focus on improving teamplay and the objective aspects of playing Battlefield. This will include everything from Commander, Squads, Field Upgrades and Game Mode improvements, features and bug fixes." (Oh goodie! MORE things to break!!!)

Yep. I'm done. *Opens beer, cries deeply*

Everybody's Favourite Worthless Support and LMG Fan! :thumbsup:

Song currently stuck in my head is: Red Cold River by Breaking Benjamin!

Pheo

I turn down for no one

(1,174)

Date of registration
: May 3rd 2012

Reputation modifier: 14

Friday, August 8th 2014, 6:54pm

Viper, was that you being a pessimist? I couldn't tell past all of the "confetti" fogging up my monitor.

Date of registration
: Sep 3rd 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Friday, August 8th 2014, 7:00pm

Yep. I'm done. *Opens beer, cries deeply*

Please don't shoot yourself Viper.

I don't know how much you've played CTE, but in general I think the changes are good. The movement system is just about the same as the one in BF3, so if you could handle that then you'll be fine. The HUD improvements are flat out amazing. You can tweak everything to your liking. For example, you can make almost whatever icon smaller or larger, and make it so that when you ADS they all go translucent except for enemy doritos. I don't know why you'd assume this would be a bad thing, you can just leave it alone if you don't like it.

The netcode has also been tightened up even further, I don't know why you're upset about this. Finally, they just released a pretty big patch with mostly good weapon balance tweaks. The only controversial thing seems to be the reduction of the SCAR-H and ACE 52's end damage from 25 to 24 (don't worry, the GPMGs are unaffected).

They aren't done yet, and are still looking at balancing weapons and vehicles (that's why they're vague on this), as well as - yes - suppression.

MrT3a

The only man who ever reported his own post!

(920)

Date of registration
: Jul 19th 2012

Battlelog:

Friday, August 8th 2014, 7:14pm

Viper, the changes are about to go into live BF4 in late September ... a bunch of good games will be released almost a month later, so you will not have to worry for a long time ^^
Stats thingy

Quotes of wisdom (maybe)

I'm a battlefield player, good sir. I don't play metro.

PC is no longer PC master race. It's PC mustard race, because consoles need to ketchup :'D

DICE gave so much into making commander better, but lemmings be lemmings I guess.

As a good guy that don't want to use overly glitched weapons, I'll quit using the MTAR and switch to the ACWR until it's fixed

The world needs more people like you

+1, I think we're all in agreement that more MrT3as would be an awesome thing :love:
Although if that was the case they'd use up so much of the world's awesome that there'd be none left for the rest of us! :D

yes, I know, I'm a big-ass hypocrite

Pheo

I turn down for no one

(1,174)

Date of registration
: May 3rd 2012

Friday, August 8th 2014, 7:14pm

I don't know how much you've played CTE, but in general I think the changes are good.

Pretty sure he hasn't played CTE at all.

MrT3a

The only man who ever reported his own post!

(920)

Date of registration
: Jul 19th 2012

Battlelog:

Friday, August 8th 2014, 7:15pm

Pretty sure he said he can't
Stats thingy

Quotes of wisdom (maybe)

I'm a battlefield player, good sir. I don't play metro.

PC is no longer PC master race. It's PC mustard race, because consoles need to ketchup :'D

DICE gave so much into making commander better, but lemmings be lemmings I guess.

As a good guy that don't want to use overly glitched weapons, I'll quit using the MTAR and switch to the ACWR until it's fixed

The world needs more people like you

+1, I think we're all in agreement that more MrT3as would be an awesome thing :love:
Although if that was the case they'd use up so much of the world's awesome that there'd be none left for the rest of us! :D

yes, I know, I'm a big-ass hypocrite