Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Jun 24th 2012

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Thursday, July 31st 2014, 12:55am

Too much incentive for people to camp on flags, if you ask me.

People defending the flags? can't have that.

Just add the ammo, health, and repair stations that used to propagate in previous battlefields. don't really need make the entire flag area into one giant nano-machine spewing beacon.
You have just read a Post by The World Champion and now feel smarter for doing so.
-------
Cham·pi·on
noun \ˈcham-pē-ən\

1 : Warrior, Fighter
2 : a militant advocate or defender <a champion of civil rights>
3 : one that does battle for another's rights or honor <God will raise me up a champion — Sir Walter Scott>
4 : a winner of first prize or first place in competition; also : one who shows marked superiority <The champion of the World>

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "The World Champion" (Jul 31st 2014, 4:21am)

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,796)

Date of registration
: Dec 16th 2011

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Thursday, July 31st 2014, 12:58am

didn't they do something like this with scavenger in bf3?

I had completely forgotten about that game mode... Heh... That's how rubbish it was...

Yeah each map had 1 ammo box which refilled and then doubled your ammo if you had ammo perk. But they were in so stupid positions that no one ever used them, not that people even survived long enough to need them...

You can see it on these maps, it's a green ammo icon.
Battlefield 3 Maps

really? i used them all the time on ps3,they were lifesavers.

If you happened to run past them sure, but it's not like you ran across the map just to get to them rather than just grabbing a new weapon

Quoted

(14:06:57) Riesig: I should stop now. People might get sig material again

Date of registration
: Nov 7th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Thursday, July 31st 2014, 1:16am

I agree with Cheapskate23, hardline did/hopefully will do, health and ammo right. Walk up and grab it if needed. OT, that's one of the few things I liked about hardline...

Date of registration
: May 18th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Thursday, July 31st 2014, 2:58am

Just add the ammo, health, and repair stations the used to propagate in previous battlefields. don't really need make the entire flag area into one giant nano-machine spewing beacon.

Haha, I've never understood people who claim sitting on flags is "camping"
That is the ONE place where you are not camping, camping is sitting on some useless terrain out in the middle of no where with no value whatsoever. I've even been accused of camping WHILE ATTACKING A FLAG. :pinch:

Date of registration
: Nov 8th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Thursday, July 31st 2014, 3:35am

Just add the ammo, health, and repair stations the used to propagate in previous battlefields. don't really need make the entire flag area into one giant nano-machine spewing beacon.

That is the ONE place where you are not camping, camping is sitting on some useless terrain out in the middle of no where with no value whatsoever. I've even been accused of camping WHILE ATTACKING A FLAG. :pinch:

Well camping is camping. It doesn't matter if someone is parked near a flag or away from it. You shouldn't care though, it's a tactic that has it's place in the game. Are we suppose to run around in the open when trying to cap or defend a flag? D:

Date of registration
: Sep 22nd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Thursday, July 31st 2014, 3:45am

in this scenario vehicles should have limited ammo and no ammo regen.

If vehicle is low on ammo operator should go to flag or to the base.
Commander style ammo box (Minus the class switching shenanigans) drops onto flag immediately upon capture for 60 seconds. Only usable by team that owns the flag. You capture the flag, you get ammo, so does your team. Also makes defending the flag easier for a short period of time, to dissuade enemies immediately pulling into the flag moments after they lose it.

I really dislike how vehicle ammunition is handled in BF4. Limited ammo is the way to go. I think the Supply Drop idea is great, but I think it would work better if players could request for it at friendly flags, of course with a sufficient cool-off timer, and the supply box would stay there for a limited time as well. I wouldn't even oppose the idea of being able to switch kits this way... This way flags would also have "defenders" at them more often as vehicles and infantry would have a reason to visit them. (Of course, maps like Op Metro and Op Locker would not be able to have a Supply Drop at the flags that are inside corridors, which sounds OK to me.)

Watcher-45

He's watching...

(758)

Date of registration
: May 5th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Thursday, July 31st 2014, 4:40am

Well camping is camping. It doesn't matter if someone is parked near a flag or away from it. You shouldn't care though, it's a tactic that has it's place in the game. Are we suppose to run around in the open when trying to cap or defend a flag? D:

Any place you put an endless source of ammo and health is going to turn into a camp zone, I don't care if it's a flag or a puddle in the road...

Sure, holding flags is a key part of the game, but defending is far different than camping. Making a security blanket of sorts on each flag is going to change the way the battle flows drastically. Defending the flag doesn't have to be standing on the cap, typically people want to seek out positions of opportunity, better cover, etc, and it works very well because it calls upon various soldiers to combat. It's not good enough to be good in a gunfight a lot of the times, sometimes a sniper or a snake in the grass is what you need to succeed.
If being on the cap means you regen health and ammo, everyone is going to just be standing within the cap to defend making the attack much harder and heavily relying on front-line infantry and numbers. Besides, it's hard enough to take a flag with 10 people all holed up around it, now lets give them the ability to regen and never run out of ammo... Makes sense to me :thumbdown:

Now I'm not necessarily going to call some guy sitting behind a box on a capped flag a camper because he IS playing to help his team. But I just see a huge problem stemming from this whole idea of making the flag a safe zone.

Now if every capped flag gave a commander an extra supply crate, or gave the man who capped the flag the ability to call in a supply crate, that might be cool.
All bike, all the time!

Spoiler Spoiler

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,320)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Thursday, July 31st 2014, 4:44am

Besides, it's hard enough to take a flag with 10 people all holed up around it, now lets give them the ability to regen and never run out of ammo... Makes sense to me

Exactly.

Let's give all these people guarding the flag infinite health and ammo! That'll encourage PTFOing!

No, it'll end up requiring a tank to finally weed out everyone on a flag because they can't damage people fast enough.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Thursday, July 31st 2014, 7:11am

I'd prefer resupply drop (containing ammo and medkits) be a squad leader ability after a certain number of squad points are accrued. As an alternative to crappy commander implementation and random supply points all over the map. Would have the bonus side effect of getting squads to work together more (maybe).

Date of registration
: Nov 8th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Thursday, July 31st 2014, 3:11pm

I don't like the idea of health regen at the flags, however, I'm totally for anything that would create a greater sense of a 'front line' in conquest. I understand that some people enjoy running around capping near-empty flag bases with 1-2 of their teammates, but that's not for me. I would rather see flags being defended and attacked by bigger groups of players.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "stellar" (Jul 31st 2014, 3:23pm)