Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Mar 26th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Wednesday, July 30th 2014, 2:36pm

Eh, I like this Bad Company-ish take on the game. Still, having it as an option is good.
Sincerely, Kaiser Wilhelm II

Date of registration
: May 18th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Wednesday, July 30th 2014, 3:02pm

Wait? So player health is 100 on Pc too???... HALLELUJAH!

Its almost a BF2 mode. Still, the keeping of Audio Spotting is epicfail. :<

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2014

Battlelog:

Wednesday, July 30th 2014, 4:50pm

Well, I'm not sure about the health regen being disabled (huge buff to medics) but I'll gladly take no doritos + 100% hp

Date of registration
: Feb 27th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Wednesday, July 30th 2014, 4:58pm

I stand corrected it does appear to be 100hp but Funnily enough people who have have played are screaming that the hp should be 100 instead of 60. Meanwhile a single guys quietly posts its already 100 and screenshot evidence and leaves. gets ignored. fml

Also

Quoted

Hm, have you guys read the newspost? The PC version of classic lets you set these variables you are talking about in the same way you can currently do it on harcore. Which means you can set player health to both 60 and 100 as far as I understand.
https://cte.battlelog.com/bf4/forum/thre…005216824818/4/

Though is sorta FOS as that changes it to custom

TheMightyVoice

The Pantless Messiah Returns

(1,830)

Date of registration
: May 22nd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Wednesday, July 30th 2014, 5:21pm

Due to the amount of butthurt I see in this thread about audio spotting, I feel the need to point something out. Audio spotting is a good thing. It's not just some random mechanic DICE implemented because they all suck at their game and wanted to make it easier. It exists to compensate for the shortcomings of modern gaming technology and even the sound capabilities of BF4. What audio spotting is for is to help make up for the fact that the vast majority of people are using stereo, or maybe 5.1 and the occasional elusive 7.1 user. 7.1 may give you a lot of directional audio compared to stereo, but it's still pence when compared to audio in real life. If you heard a gun discharge 50 meters to your right and 20 meters ahead of you on the other side of a wall, you wouldn't be none the wiser because you can only hear two directions of audio. That's what audio spotting is for. That's the sort of thing spotting in general is for.

tl;dr all the forms of spotting present in Battlefield 3/4 are good and you should stop being babies about it.
Eat your heart out, Badger.

Spoiler Spoiler

<elementofprgress> yummm baby jesus
<elementofprgress> but i'd prefer jesus with ketchup

<cloon> women are allowed to play hockey?
<daddygreeenjeans> body checks are a fundamental part of women's suffrage

<Riesig> "... I'M GAY..."

steamboat28: the doctors at the ER found my nipples, too!
steamboat28: it just..y'know...took them a razor and two orderlies.

<Legion> And damn, now I really want some [redacted] penetrator measurements

<Rezal> peipin, why did you tell them you brought your phone?
<Pepin_the_Short> Because there’s like a one in five chance of getting searched on the way out
<Pepin_the_Short> And trying to sneak the fucker out is way worse than letting them look at Cloon’s dick pics.

17:52:08 <Rezal> Unfortunately, this video is not available in your country because it could contain music, for which we could not agree on conditions of use with GEMA.
17:52:15 <ToTheSun> lolgema
17:52:15 <TheMightyVoice> lolgema

<Legion> But I literally am Hitler right now
Somehow my bullets are magnetically attracted to popular Youtubers, but theirs rarely seem to hit me.

Date of registration
: Feb 27th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Wednesday, July 30th 2014, 5:40pm

@guyaboveme

Im pretty sure that was discusseed and disproven in that sound thread. Also I play hc with stereo and can hear people just fine.

Date of registration
: May 18th 2014

Battlelog:

Wednesday, July 30th 2014, 7:00pm

@Voice

Nope.

It absolutely destroys the need for battlefield awareness, which is something I want to be a factor in "skill" other than just 1337aimskillz.
If it gave you an indication of the direction of gunfire, I'm perfectly fine with this. However, what it does is give you magic spidey-sense of their EXACT location via the minimap.
This is ok if they are spotted as its substituting for a friendly in your army letting you know, hey there is a guy next to the tree over there.
All BF titles before 3 did fine without it, the minimap spotting mechanic and UAVs/scans were sufficient, the rest was up to you the soldier to PAY ATTENTION to what is going on.

Nowadays I just listen to my ipod and relax while im playing with the sound off and lolroll people with my magic minimap hearing until one of them sees me on the audio spot and runs across several buildings with their magic spidey-sense and kills me.

It seriously hurt the amount of effort and immersion that was required for me to do well in previous battlefield titles.

I consider it a bigger cancer than 3d spotting myself, even given how retarded the Doritos are...

Date of registration
: Oct 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Wednesday, July 30th 2014, 7:25pm

I would rather have audio spotting then the constant "ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED!!!11!" spammed every 2 seconds. At least then you know when you're on the map, versus an entire flank opportunity being ruined by an enemy commander in BF2/2142. It also encourages the good practice of shoot and displace. You don't stay on the map long. Make your kill and move.

With that said, I'd be fine without it. Just playing a little devil's advocate.

• "Blue_Ninja0" started this thread

Date of registration
: Sep 5th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Wednesday, July 30th 2014, 7:55pm

In what sense does audio spotting ruin gameplay though? I love it.
I don't like it because it:
...(explanation)...

They are crutches for me and their number should be lowered for Classic mode. That's my opinion, I'd like to know yours though, as I am surprised that you love that (these?) mechanics.
Sorry, I thought you were talking about the new "Enemy X spotted just North/South/etc of your location" audio cue. I agree with your point but that would require BF to have a good sound engine, like the old ones did. They had not only a circumference surround sound but also an elevation surround making a 3D audio sphere around you, and sound occlusion depending on the place the sound origin and you were. All games now just use pre-baked sound samples and while they might sound good, they don't offer much information. The last BF game to use that was BF 2142 and it was only possible through DirectSound or OpenAL, both of which are pretty much dead nowadays. It's ridiculous how much sound quality has regressed for PC gaming in the last decade.

There were stations and helipads on the map that automatically repaired and restocked vehicles parked on them, runways restocked planes in BF1942 IIRC.
This^

Am I the only one who during the launch of BF3 trying to figure out why hovering over the heli spawn wasn't healing me?
This so much!! The system for aerial vehicles repair made perfect sense in BF2! If you wanted your heli/jet repaired automatically, you had to retreat and land on your base. Since auto vehicle repair is finally being disabled, they should bring back that system. It was perfect, I have no idea why they removed it and made my jet magically repair mid flight from 1HP to 100.

But adding these mechanincs to the game is just sweeping the problems under the carpet, which makes it even worse in consequence. If you (well, DICE..) are gonna continue fixing lack of teamwork by making the teamwork not as necessary it's gonna make it even less prevalent.

Losing points and not receiving them (when killing someone in their spawn for example) is a good thing and I would love DICE to come back to it, but I think that alone wouldn't be enough. You can have a game where you don't have any direct gratification and notifications when performing teamwork actions, but with certain audience, people would do them anyway. Battlefield is sadly on the other side right now. I don't think any amount of points and notifications would really fix the teamwork (people who play for points mostly stick to Metro anyway). The problem lies with "stupidity" as you say, but that's in my opinion only DICE's fault.

On multiple occasions they specified that threshold needed to be low (no Commander in BF3) and on multiple occasions they didin't but it was clear that was the reason (health regen). They succeeded and brought more "stupid" into the Battlefield franchise. What happened next? They needed to lower it even further through adding new things (vehicle health regen) and even more "stupid" people got brought into the game. Now you say they need to add even more mechanics to compensate for that. And it will continue until teamwork won't be the optimal option in the game. Right now it teamwork is a better tactic than no teamwork, but not as necessary as it was.

You may say that teamwork was always on the same, bad level in the franchise, but in my personal experience it gets worse and worse from one game to another.
What this guy said! I agree so much. With each Battlefield iteration they lower the bar for the ammount of teamwork needed. I would rather play in a game without health regen even if few players drop health or ammo bags, than lowering the stupidity threshold and allow everyone to have infinite health and ammo without any need for a teammate's help.

This casualization started when DICE started to try and appeal to the console and COD folks with BC and such. I understand it's where the money's at, but the old fans that funded the first games end up screwed...

Eh, I like this Bad Company-ish take on the game. Still, having it as an option is good.
Agree with having an option for both modes. Just wish the Classic was the normal mode from the start, as it was before, and today's normal should be called "Bad Company" or something.

Wait? So player health is 100 on Pc too???... HALLELUJAH!

Its almost a BF2 mode. Still, the keeping of Audio Spotting is epicfail. :<
Yes the health is 100, thankfully! And yeah, they specifically made it for the BF2 fans, most of which didn't really enjoy the drastic changes to the BF3 rules.

Due to the amount of butthurt I see in this thread about audio spotting, I feel the need to point something out. Audio spotting is a good thing. It's not just some random mechanic DICE implemented because they all suck at their game and wanted to make it easier. It exists to compensate for the shortcomings of modern gaming technology and even the sound capabilities of BF4. What audio spotting is for is to help make up for the fact that the vast majority of people are using stereo, or maybe 5.1 and the occasional elusive 7.1 user.
Just as I said above. Unfortunately BF4 can't have better positional audio because there isn't any remaining decent sound APIs being widely used. It was great when BF used DirectSound and had an amazing spherical 3D sound-space with object occlusion. You could tell the difference of a gun being fired behind a hill or behind a wall. Not to mention above or bellow you.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Wednesday, July 30th 2014, 8:11pm

If audio spotting were to be removed, Suppressors would need to become "Hollywood Silencer"-quiet, as well as remove tracers.
Who Enjoys, Wins