Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Jun 24th 2012

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Tuesday, July 29th 2014, 11:33pm

.................what the frell.

Anything more?

If I get a flank and start shooting if enemies aren't good enough to know I'm there by:
- gunshots,
- screams,
- friendlies disappearing from the minimap and changing to skulls (that should go too),
- killfeed,
...they shouldn't be saved by a blinking triangle on a map.

Anybody with Battlesense is going to know you are there regardless so everything you mention is irrelevant. The World Champion is amused when you tried to explain how engagements worked, though. for that The Champion of The World will let you live....for now.

What about "it deviates even further from what Battlefield is about" argument?

Careful. Who defines what Battlefield is about?

The World Champion.
You have just read a Post by The World Champion and now feel smarter for doing so.
-------
Cham·pi·on
noun \ˈcham-pē-ən\

1 : Warrior, Fighter
2 : a militant advocate or defender <a champion of civil rights>
3 : one that does battle for another's rights or honor <God will raise me up a champion — Sir Walter Scott>
4 : a winner of first prize or first place in competition; also : one who shows marked superiority <The champion of the World>

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Tuesday, July 29th 2014, 11:35pm

.................what the frell.

Anything more?

If I get a flank and start shooting if enemies aren't good enough to know I'm there by:
- gunshots,
- screams,
- friendlies disappearing from the minimap and changing to skulls (that should go too),
- killfeed,
...they shouldn't be saved by a blinking triangle on a map.

Anybody with Battlesense is going to know you are there regardless so everything you mention is irrelevant. The World Champion is amused when you tried to explain how engagements worked, though. for that The Champion of The World will let you live....for now.

The World Champion.

S'alright I guess, I can live with The World Champion deciding things.
Zormau - Battlelog / Battlefield 4

Memorable quotes not taken yet:

Of course, this ignores the non-constant cross-sectional first moment of area across the chest as well as non-constant material properties of the boob; it would be difficult to perform a more detailed analysis (as in, I'd have to have a shape function AND I'd need to derive a function for elastic modulus as a function of lateral breast coordinate) but whatever. It's 2am and I'm lazy.

I always believed science should be very hands on experience.

You should also answer this question I had posed in that thread: Would you be willing to pay your surgeon more if he was going to use a chainsaw for the opening incision of surgery? Clearly using a chainsaw isn't truly suited for surgery but that doesn't really matter. If he's "skilled" enough to be able to use the wrong tools of the trade, he should be rewarded for that skill right?

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,272)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Wednesday, July 30th 2014, 12:57am

So it basically is hardocre with minimap and HUD? Sounds cool. Still I am no real fan of hardcore, but that mainly is because of the lack of the minimap and HUD.

elementofprgress

Wizard moderator

(3,544)

Date of registration
: Jun 28th 2012

Battlelog:

Wednesday, July 30th 2014, 1:28am

What is really nice about this preset is that it is very close to the settings that all organized BF is played. From just fun organized stuff all the way up to ESL 5v5 games, it is all played with 3D spotting off, minimap on, minimap spotting on, Kill cam off, FF on, 3rd person camera on, and player health 100%. The rest can vary a little. So for anyone who plays or wants to get involved in organized Battlefield should be pumped about this game mode. Being able to pub on a daily basis in a game mode that resembles organized custom game modes is just gonna make life so much easier.

Symthic Forum Rules
Battlefield Data Browser
Come join us on teamspeak!!!
Symthic/Team Symthic Teamspeak: TeamSym.Nitrado.net

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Wednesday, July 30th 2014, 1:38am

So it basically is hardocre with minimap and HUD? Sounds cool. Still I am no real fan of hardcore, but that mainly is because of the lack of the minimap and HUD.

Hardcore with the HUD, minimap, and 100% health. The only three elements of Hardcore I don't care about one way or the other, so I expect I'll be playing both modes.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration
: Feb 27th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Wednesday, July 30th 2014, 1:39am

Hardcore with the HUD, minimap, and 100% health. The only three elements of Hardcore I don't care about one way or the other, so I expect I'll be playing both modes.

Note it is only 100% hp on console it is 60 on pc

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Wednesday, July 30th 2014, 1:52am

That's... odd. :huh:
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Wednesday, July 30th 2014, 2:11am

Armor passive healing is a non-issue. It's so slow that it might as well not be there unless you are content to sit out 1/4 - 1/2 of the round hiding somewhere safe waiting for the health to come back up if you're on the ground. It's mostly useful for letting you ignore light damage (say 10-15% HP loss) from getting dusted by a bit of autocannon fire, grenades, etc.

Removing it would have a non-material effect on the game for land vehicles, it's more of a minor convenience. Don't see it changing the chopper game. Maybe it would change the jet game a bit, but only in terms of staying with a moderately damaged jet vs bailing.

As for passive infantry healing - it's not something fast enough to win fire-fights/flag fights so it basically boils down to whether or not you think medkit hunting in the general pubbing context adds to the game or not. Personally, I don't think medkit hunting added anything to previous BF titles. Teamwork is already so vastly beneficial removing passive healing is just a drop in the bucket and it also de-incentivises using squad combinations that don't have a medic in them. I don't think gameplay should be designed around making a medic manditory.

As for ammo regen. I prefer BF4's vehicle ammo regen model the best. Having to hunt down support kit packs to replish your tank was stupid in 2142. I don't think infantry rockets, 40mms, etc should auto replenish but I think bringing ammo dumps back or a passive small arm replenish isn't a bad idea. One idea I've entertained a bunch, especially given what I see a failure of the commander mode in BF4, is to divest a lot of the commander abilities to squad leaders - doing in game things earns you points that can be spent on a light vehicle, resupplies, UAV support, etc for the squad. Might be an alternative to ammo dumps, ammo regen or commander resupply.

Finally, I don't think the teamwork component of BF has ever been that rock solid because of the player base. 1942, 2142, BFV, were all filled with people who didn't drop ammo, didn't revive or drop medkits and generally didn't "PTFO". BF is sorta like an experiment in anarchy, where everyone is off doing their thing and sometimes those things coincide into something that could be construed as regimented teamwork.

Date of registration
: Dec 6th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Wednesday, July 30th 2014, 12:25pm

Anybody with Battlesense is going to know you are there regardless so everything you mention is irrelevant.

I don't get you here. Regardless of what? Regardless if he has audio-spotting or not? Yes.

But if someone doesn't have a "Battlesense" then he can be saved by audio-spotting and that's my problem. It can save those that failed in so many ways to detect an enemy.

If you aim at the wall instead of the enemy the game shouldn't aim for you. (it does on consoles though, but that's irrelevant for this discussion).

Previous games, mostly the first one. Obviously a series (every single one) can change and should. But when you call something a direct successor (Battlefield 4) then it should improve on what made it's predecessors great, not diminish it.

Then there is the community. Which means The World Champion, yes.

I'd like to say developers, but in this case most people that worked on the original aren't there anymore.

@Naver
Doesn't that apply to HP and tank HP regen too? I appreciate that it's a teamplay game, but you can't fix stupid. Personally, I'd rather see supports/medics lose points for not listening to requests.

It most definitely does apply to HP regen too. But adding these mechanincs to the game is just sweeping the problems under the carpet, which makes it even worse in consequence. If you (well, DICE..) are gonna continue fixing lack of teamwork by making the teamwork not as necessary it's gonna make it even less prevalent.

Losing points and not receiving them (when killing someone in their spawn for example) is a good thing and I would love DICE to come back to it, but I think that alone wouldn't be enough. You can have a game where you don't have any direct gratification and notifications when performing teamwork actions, but with certain audience, people would do them anyway. Battlefield is sadly on the other side right now. I don't think any amount of points and notifications would really fix the teamwork (people who play for points mostly stick to Metro anyway). The problem lies with "stupidity" as you say, but that's in my opinion only DICE's fault.

On multiple occasions they specified that threshold needed to be low (no Commander in BF3) and on multiple occasions they didin't but it was clear that was the reason (health regen). They succeeded and brought more "stupid" into the Battlefield franchise. What happened next? They needed to lower it even further through adding new things (vehicle health regen) and even more "stupid" people got brought into the game. Now you say they need to add even more mechanics to compensate for that. And it will continue until teamwork won't be the optimal option in the game. Right now it teamwork is a better tactic than no teamwork, but not as necessary as it was.

You may say that teamwork was always on the same, bad level in the franchise, but in my personal experience it gets worse and worse from one game to another.

That's just some weird mistake in the notes.

Date of registration
: Mar 25th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Wednesday, July 30th 2014, 1:47pm

I thought classic has the 60HP from HC, like the patchnotes said?
RIP Sraw