Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Dec 6th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Tuesday, July 29th 2014, 8:09pm

In what sense does audio spotting ruin gameplay though? I love it.

I don't like it because it:
1. ...reduces the importance of manual spotting.
2. ...punishes flanking. Yes, you can equip the suppressor, but it already does lower the shots volume and flash effect. If the enemies aren't clever enough to hear and interpret the shots they shouldn't know the enemy location (using the audio cues to locate the enemies was always a big part of competitive shooters for me).
3. ...lasts too long and shows the direction of the enemy.
4. ...wasn't even in older games and that's the main purpose behind Classic mode, no? To make it more similar to them.

Auto-spotting when you look at the enemy should be gone too. They are crutches for me and their number should be lowered for Classic mode. That's my opinion, I'd like to know yours though, as I am surprised that you love that (these?) mechanics.

Date of registration
: Jun 24th 2012

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Tuesday, July 29th 2014, 8:52pm

Elaborate on classic preset. what does it actually do?

If they were to remove the auto-heal nanites, they would need to add ammo dumps and medical lockers. somehow, someway people would bitch about those too.

2. ...punishes flanking. Yes, you can equip the suppressor, but it already does lower the shots volume and flash effect. If the enemies aren't clever enough to hear and interpret the shots they shouldn't know the enemy location (using the audio cues to locate the enemies was always a big part of competitive shooters for me).

.................what the frell.
You have just read a Post by The World Champion and now feel smarter for doing so.
-------
Cham·pi·on
noun \ˈcham-pē-ən\

1 : Warrior, Fighter
2 : a militant advocate or defender <a champion of civil rights>
3 : one that does battle for another's rights or honor <God will raise me up a champion — Sir Walter Scott>
4 : a winner of first prize or first place in competition; also : one who shows marked superiority <The champion of the World>

Date of registration
: Apr 12th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Tuesday, July 29th 2014, 9:01pm

I personally think that the merits of health regeneration outweigh the disadvantages. Nerfing every class other than the - already very popular - assault class isn't necessary. I also see a lot of time being wasted searching for medkits.

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Tuesday, July 29th 2014, 9:12pm

I think the Idea of spotting as a concept is good, but not the precise way (or even 3D way) we have right now. It should never accurately display where the target is going after losing sight (so it only gets updated as long as an enemy is holding the guy in the center of the screen after spotting him). Alternatively it could just tag a small minimap area and display in its center the number of enemies that have been spotted there.
Zormau - Battlelog / Battlefield 4

Memorable quotes not taken yet:

Of course, this ignores the non-constant cross-sectional first moment of area across the chest as well as non-constant material properties of the boob; it would be difficult to perform a more detailed analysis (as in, I'd have to have a shape function AND I'd need to derive a function for elastic modulus as a function of lateral breast coordinate) but whatever. It's 2am and I'm lazy.

I always believed science should be very hands on experience.

You should also answer this question I had posed in that thread: Would you be willing to pay your surgeon more if he was going to use a chainsaw for the opening incision of surgery? Clearly using a chainsaw isn't truly suited for surgery but that doesn't really matter. If he's "skilled" enough to be able to use the wrong tools of the trade, he should be rewarded for that skill right?

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Tuesday, July 29th 2014, 10:54pm

I don't have CTE access and know nothing about this preset. Anyone cares to elaborate?

Date of registration
: Feb 27th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Tuesday, July 29th 2014, 10:56pm

CLASSIC PRESET
Goal: Add a preset that simulates the glory of old battlefield titles!

Classic Preset testable
In this patch we have classic preset testable – and there will be servers running this mode.
Classic preset settings
Same as hardcore means the same ranges that is currently allowed on hardcore for this variable applies.

friendlyFire, PC: same as hardcore, Console: 0
idleTimeout, PC: same as hardcore, Console: 300
autoBalance, true
teamKillCountForKick, PC: same as hardcore, Console: 5
teamKillKickForBan, PC: same as hardcore, Console: 3
vehicleSpawnAllowed, PC: same as hardcore, Console: true
regenerateHealth, false
onlySquadLeaderSpawn, true
minimap, true
hud, true
miniMapSpotting, true
3dSpotting, false
killCam, false
3pCam, false
nameTag, false
hitIndicatorsEnabled, true
playerRespawnTime, PC: same as hardcore, Console: 100
soldierHealth, PC: same as hardcore, Console: 100
bulletDamage, PC: same as hardcore, Console: 100
forceReloadWholeMags, true
roundStartPlayerCount, 4
commander, PC: same as hardcore, Console: true
gameModeCounter, PC: same as hardcore, Console: 100

Date of registration
: Dec 6th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Tuesday, July 29th 2014, 11:01pm

.................what the frell.

Anything more?

If I get a flank and start shooting if enemies aren't good enough to know I'm there by:
- gunshots,
- screams,
- friendlies disappearing from the minimap and changing to skulls (that should go too),
- killfeed,
...they shouldn't be saved by a blinking triangle on a map.

All that's needed is for ammo regen and we're good to go. Hardline's model got it right, but I was thinking maybe all Transport vehicles should be able to passively provide ammunition.

Since I didn't do Hardline, what was that system like?

What if all players naturally regenerated ammo? I recall the BF2: Modern Combat campaign letting you regen ammo once you were completely out on a weapon, it was cool but really OP on rocket launchers. Probably would work better passively, at like 1 magazine per minute for primaries and probably 30s for secondaries. Items with a 1-round mag don't resupply (rockets, M320) but items which have a >1 supply do (M320 3GL (45s?) and M26 (90s?)--mainly as a 3GL buff). Kind of like LAV shells or something, but a lot slower.
I can just see the realism arguments now. "Bullets aren't just made out of nothing!" "Tell me again, how exactly are your knees growing back on their own? But you want that to stay, don't you?"

What about "it deviates even further from what Battlefield is about" argument?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Naver36" (Jul 29th 2014, 11:07pm)

Nick 30075

2manyPosts4me

(1,936)

Date of registration
: Jan 7th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Tuesday, July 29th 2014, 11:01pm

All that's needed is for ammo regen and we're good to go. Hardline's model got it right, but I was thinking maybe all Transport vehicles should be able to passively provide ammunition.

Since I didn't do Hardline, what was that system like?

What if all players naturally regenerated ammo? I recall the BF2: Modern Combat campaign letting you regen ammo once you were completely out on a weapon, it was cool but really OP on rocket launchers. Probably would work better passively, at like 1 magazine per minute for primaries and probably 30s for secondaries. Items with a 1-round mag don't resupply (rockets, M320) but items which have a >1 supply do (M320 3GL (45s?) and M26 (90s?)--mainly as a 3GL buff). Kind of like LAV shells or something, but a lot slower.
I can just see the realism arguments now. "Bullets aren't just made out of nothing!" "Tell me again, how exactly are your knees growing back on their own? But you want that to stay, don't you?"

@Naver
Doesn't that apply to HP and tank HP regen too? I appreciate that it's a teamplay game, but you can't fix stupid. Personally, I'd rather see supports/medics lose points for not listening to requests.
Emperor Nick of the Cult of Defibrillation
Sith Deity of Thread-Killing

I'm basically just a degenerate weeb who doesn't post much nowadays.

I'm secretly Old Man Symthic

Siggy thingies

Gaming Stuff

Words of Wisdom (not really)

Quoted from "Blue Panda"

You're fedorable :love:

Quoted from "ToTheSun!"

I have the highest postcount. Nick doesn't count.

Quoted

23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm -
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Okay
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm stabbing everyone
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Bye guys
23:44 Nick: *flips table*
23:44 Legion: Bye, happy stabbing
23:44 *** Lt_Col_Jesus quit (Quit: off to murder the public at large).

Quoted

10:41 LB: You just...reanimated Steve Jobs.
10:41 Dice: Well that would be unfortunate, I was just getting used to him being dead.

Quoted from "Pheozero"

... fuck. Damn you hindsight!

Quoted

23:58 Failure117: CAUSE IM FREEE
23:58 Nick: AS A BIIIIRD NOW
23:58 Failure117: FREEE OF NICK'S WORM RAPE

Quoted

ViperFTW: HEY LOOK
ViperFTW: AN ALIEN LASER FISH THE SIZE OF THE SUN
ViperFTW: I WANT TO SWAT IT WITH MY COMICLY LARGE SWORD
ViperFTW: WITH
ViperFTW: THIS
ViperFTW: AS
ViperFTW: MY
ViperFTW: FUUUUCKING SOUNDTRACK :DDDD
(the album in question)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Nick 30075" (Jul 29th 2014, 11:10pm)

elementofprgress

Wizard moderator

(3,544)

Date of registration
: Jun 28th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Tuesday, July 29th 2014, 11:18pm

There were stations and helipads on the map that automatically repaired and restocked vehicles parked on them, runways restocked planes in BF1942 IIRC.

This^

Am I the only one who during the launch of BF3 trying to figure out why hovering over the heli spawn wasn't healing me?

Symthic Forum Rules
Battlefield Data Browser
Come join us on teamspeak!!!
Symthic/Team Symthic Teamspeak: TeamSym.Nitrado.net

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Tuesday, July 29th 2014, 11:25pm

What about "it deviates even further from what Battlefield is about" argument?

Careful. Who defines what Battlefield is about? Don't think you do, don't think I do, don't think anyone on this forum does. Battlefield is "about" what's programmed into it. That's different for every part of the franchise.
Zormau - Battlelog / Battlefield 4

Memorable quotes not taken yet:

Of course, this ignores the non-constant cross-sectional first moment of area across the chest as well as non-constant material properties of the boob; it would be difficult to perform a more detailed analysis (as in, I'd have to have a shape function AND I'd need to derive a function for elastic modulus as a function of lateral breast coordinate) but whatever. It's 2am and I'm lazy.

I always believed science should be very hands on experience.

You should also answer this question I had posed in that thread: Would you be willing to pay your surgeon more if he was going to use a chainsaw for the opening incision of surgery? Clearly using a chainsaw isn't truly suited for surgery but that doesn't really matter. If he's "skilled" enough to be able to use the wrong tools of the trade, he should be rewarded for that skill right?