Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Blue_Ninja0" started this thread

Date of registration
: Sep 5th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Tuesday, July 29th 2014, 1:45pm

The new Classic Preset

Am I the only one extremely excited by this change? I came to Symthic looking for a thread about it but I can't find any.

This is my BF4 wet dream. I was hoping for this since BF3 came out. It's the most important change they've made since both games came out (I'm not too technical about the weapons). Anything that makes the game less trigger happy and more tactical is great in my book. To me normal mode is too arcadey and hardcore is... well, too hardcore, because I miss the minimap for orientation and the 60HP kills too fast.
Coming from BF2 and 2142, the classic preset seems to be the perfect middle ground between normal and hardcore for me.

I really hope it goes live in the main game and we get some well populated servers. I'm predicting it might steal a big audience from hardcore, who play it for a more closer experience to the battlefields of old.

Even better would be if anyone from around here would prepare some Classic servers :)

Date of registration
: Dec 6th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Tuesday, July 29th 2014, 2:20pm

TBH I think this should be the default mode, even though I'm mostly gonna play Hardcore anyway. Battlefield has become way too casual compared to what it was.

Let's hope they get rid of audio spotting (for HC too), that thing ruins the gameplay just so one accessory can be more useful...

Date of registration
: Oct 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Tuesday, July 29th 2014, 2:52pm

I've also wanted this for quite some time. The removal of 3D spotting will help immensely in how I prefer to play.

On another note, I know it won't happen but I wish we could have this with health regen on. Health regen takes long enough to still allow medics to be useful. However, I don't see myself playing too many other classes without it on (lately I haven't been playing with a group that much.) I had similar issues in BF2/2142 days.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, July 29th 2014, 3:11pm

TBH I think this should be the default mode, even though I'm mostly gonna play Hardcore anyway. Battlefield has become way too casual compared to what it was.

Let's hope they get rid of audio spotting (for HC too), that thing ruins the gameplay just so one accessory can be more useful...
Totally agree. Classic should be called Normal preset, and Normal should be called Easy or Beginner preset or something on those lines (not to mention casual or console preset).

In what sense does audio spotting ruin gameplay though? I love it.

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Tuesday, July 29th 2014, 3:50pm

I've also wanted this for quite some time. The removal of 3D spotting will help immensely in how I prefer to play.

On another note, I know it won't happen but I wish we could have this with health regen on. Health regen takes long enough to still allow medics to be useful. However, I don't see myself playing too many other classes without it on (lately I haven't been playing with a group that much.) I had similar issues in BF2/2142 days.

Pretty much this. No health regen means "give more power to the medic" - not like they didn't have enough power already. It might be a good thing for class variety on maps that are very open and vehicle-heavy (like caspian, firestorm, lost isles etc.), but it will be very detrimental to class variety on infantry-focused maps and infantry-only modes. And don't say "so medics will finally start dropping medpacks and squads will have to stick together" - not gonna happen wheh pubbing.
Zormau - Battlelog / Battlefield 4

Memorable quotes not taken yet:

Of course, this ignores the non-constant cross-sectional first moment of area across the chest as well as non-constant material properties of the boob; it would be difficult to perform a more detailed analysis (as in, I'd have to have a shape function AND I'd need to derive a function for elastic modulus as a function of lateral breast coordinate) but whatever. It's 2am and I'm lazy.

I always believed science should be very hands on experience.

You should also answer this question I had posed in that thread: Would you be willing to pay your surgeon more if he was going to use a chainsaw for the opening incision of surgery? Clearly using a chainsaw isn't truly suited for surgery but that doesn't really matter. If he's "skilled" enough to be able to use the wrong tools of the trade, he should be rewarded for that skill right?

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, July 29th 2014, 3:59pm

I think health and vehicle regen must be off. There's no reason why anything should heal itself back out of nowhere. That trend started with Halo and other games at the time and I never got why people thought that was funner.

If you're low on health you must take bigger precaution about engagement and try to find health.
And about pubbing and people not throwing health packs, I think you don't need to worry as much. The people that are going to play the classic preset are not the casual folks that flooded Battlefield since the series went to console.

Date of registration
: Oct 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Tuesday, July 29th 2014, 4:13pm

Again, the health regen in this game isn't significant enough to make med packs useless. It is enough to encourage people to use other classes. That's a good enough gameplay reason for me.

Also, pub team mates were unreliable in BF2/2142 as well. Yes, there were a few more randoms that would use voip and teamwork, but it still wasn't an everyday occurance, even back then.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, July 29th 2014, 4:55pm

I think health and vehicle regen must be off. There's no reason why anything should heal itself back out of nowhere. That trend started with Halo and other games at the time and I never got why people thought that was funner.

If you're low on health you must take bigger precaution about engagement and try to find health.
And about pubbing and people not throwing health packs, I think you don't need to worry as much. The people that are going to play the classic preset are not the casual folks that flooded Battlefield since the series went to console.

There were health pickups in games before that (granted, BF1942 didn't have those, only med stations placed in a few places around the map and medkits). There were ways to regenerate health without having a teammate's aid. There have to be ways to regenerate health without teammates in public servers.

BFBC2 did quite a good job here, I think. Health regen took, to my perception, quite a bit longer and you had no health counter, only a screen effect to gauge how gravely you were wounded.

Of course, this ignores the non-constant cross-sectional first moment of area across the chest as well as non-constant material properties of the boob; it would be difficult to perform a more detailed analysis (as in, I'd have to have a shape function AND I'd need to derive a function for elastic modulus as a function of lateral breast coordinate) but whatever. It's 2am and I'm lazy.

You should also answer this question I had posed in that thread: Would you be willing to pay your surgeon more if he was going to use a chainsaw for the opening incision of surgery? Clearly using a chainsaw isn't truly suited for surgery but that doesn't really matter. If he's "skilled" enough to be able to use the wrong tools of the trade, he should be rewarded for that skill right?

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,363)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Tuesday, July 29th 2014, 4:59pm

There were health pickups in games before that (granted, BF1942 didn't have those, only med stations placed in a few places around the map and medkits). There were ways to regenerate health without having a teammate's aid. There have to be ways to regenerate health without teammates in public servers.

Right.

Demize already said vehicle health regen was put in so that tanks wouldn't need to find an engineer every time they got hurt.

And since Assaults are just as deaf, it really helps that we can passively heal.

All that's needed is for ammo regen and we're good to go. Hardline's model got it right, but I was thinking maybe all Transport vehicles should be able to passively provide ammunition.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, July 29th 2014, 7:56pm

Not sure if sarcasmometer broke or there's nothing to measure.

The repair booth system I remember from BF:V could work nicely for vehicles. There were stations and helipads on the map that automatically repaired and restocked vehicles parked on them, runways restocked planes in BF1942 IIRC.

If there are enough health booths, such a system might also work for infantry. I'd prefer the current auto regen model for infantry, though. Perhaps with a longer out-of-combat delay.