Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: May 18th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Thursday, July 10th 2014, 6:57am

>_>

Uh, do both weapons have the same damage dropoff? Cause I wouldn't mind having something do less damage if the dropoff wasn't too harsh to take advantage of accuracy at range.

Nick 30075

2manyPosts4me

(1,936)

Date of registration
: Jan 7th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Thursday, July 10th 2014, 6:59am

Numbers are kind of important here. If it's 20% of a gun that does 20 damage at all ranges, 24 damage doesn't bump it into a higher TTK tier so it'd be crap. On the other hand, going from 20->25 damage is a huge deal (see BC2 Magnum Ammo) and would probably be imbalanced. Numbers are really important to this debate imo.

What if it was a range extension, say 10->50 becomes 15->75? That'd probably be a worthwhile tradeoff.
Emperor Nick of the Cult of Defibrillation
Sith Deity of Thread-Killing

I'm basically just a degenerate weeb who doesn't post much nowadays.

I'm secretly Old Man Symthic

Siggy thingies

Gaming Stuff

Words of Wisdom (not really)

Quoted from "Blue Panda"

You're fedorable :love:

Quoted from "ToTheSun!"

I have the highest postcount. Nick doesn't count.

Quoted

23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm -
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Okay
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm stabbing everyone
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Bye guys
23:44 Nick: *flips table*
23:44 Legion: Bye, happy stabbing
23:44 *** Lt_Col_Jesus quit (Quit: off to murder the public at large).

Quoted

10:41 LB: You just...reanimated Steve Jobs.
10:41 Dice: Well that would be unfortunate, I was just getting used to him being dead.

Quoted from "Pheozero"

... fuck. Damn you hindsight!

Quoted

23:58 Failure117: CAUSE IM FREEE
23:58 Nick: AS A BIIIIRD NOW
23:58 Failure117: FREEE OF NICK'S WORM RAPE

Quoted

ViperFTW: HEY LOOK
ViperFTW: AN ALIEN LASER FISH THE SIZE OF THE SUN
ViperFTW: I WANT TO SWAT IT WITH MY COMICLY LARGE SWORD
ViperFTW: WITH
ViperFTW: THIS
ViperFTW: AS
ViperFTW: MY
ViperFTW: FUUUUCKING SOUNDTRACK :DDDD
(the album in question)

Pepin the Short

Sexy (Legal) Secretary

(389)

Date of registration
: Oct 21st 2012

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Thursday, July 10th 2014, 11:14am

The endgame of weapon balance is such that, given the full range of play styles that participate in the game and the full scope of maps you provide for play, the two weapons get close to the same number of kills in the aggregate. A more accurate weapon can be described as having a larger effective target area, and, therefore, can be portrayed as being capable of dealing as much damage as a more powerful weapon (at least at a certain range), but, functionally, the rest of the game might be structured in such a way that the range at which the more accurate weapon's abilities equal or surpass the more powerful one's is an undesirable, untenable, or simply impossible range of engagement.

But what you describe, Rezal, is an excellent initial approach to weapon balance, and represents a solid starting point. Factors of the fashion that I described are difficult to predict and impossible to quantify, and can only be adjusted for after sufficient raw gameplay data is available. Furthermore, it remains to be seen if this weapon balance 'endgame' is even desirable; very few games come to mind that don't have at least one weapon that is undeniably superior, given its abilities and the full scope of situations in which you may be called to use it.

Games seem to be able to be successful and enjoyable even without such aggressive weapon balancing.

Date of registration
: Sep 4th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Thursday, July 10th 2014, 1:19pm

yes in terms of TTK for the average player they can be balanced
why are infinitely small targets mentioned?
Moving ADS spread values

WoopsyYaya - YouTube(Tipps und Tricks) [Deutsch/HD]

Show Gun Master some love <3 - Vol. 3

Funny quotes

As a main hater on this forum, I say no, it's not worth it.
I have been playing Battlefield since 1942 (the original PC game, not the year).
now I'd jerk off a hobo
With a compensator and angled grip I click people to death like I was playing diablo.
AKU-12 stomps it in the nuts and posts the video to WorldStarHipHop.

• "Rezal" started this thread

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 17

Thursday, July 10th 2014, 4:38pm

The damage difference would usually translate into at BTK advantage for weapon B. Think 5 hits for A, while B does it in 4 or even 3 if you have great aim.

Infinitealy small targets are a technicality. I just mentioned them to express that at infinite distance, both weapons would be hard as fuck to shoot.
[Aristocrat's Shoes]
TLDR -
Teamwork is where players function by themselves, but their effectiveness is multiplied when they work together. Not a checklist of "did we bring a healer so we can start playing?"

Date of registration
: Dec 20th 2011

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Thursday, July 10th 2014, 5:19pm

I think with the accuracy/damage options we have in the poll and the numbers rezal gave us that weapon B would be far superior than weapon A, so I voted "no". However it is hard to say how big the gap should be exactly to make them balanced. To make it more visuable I would say with such a difference in TTK the weapon A should be noticeable more accurate from about 25-30m to make it somewhat viable. In BF3 and BF4 most of the experienced players tend to like the weapons that are good in CQB but still effective up to medium range (BF3: M16A3, AEK, M4A1, BF4: AEK, Scar-H, Ace-52, MG4, AWS) and for me it is the same. I think thatīs because you can avoid long range fights easily while you canīt avoid CQB moments if you want to capture flags, M-Coms and so on.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,320)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Thursday, July 10th 2014, 5:24pm

weapon B would be far superior than weapon A

Don't come crying to me when I land 100% of my shots with weapon A and all of your shots with weapon B miss.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2012

Thursday, July 10th 2014, 5:25pm

AIDS.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, July 10th 2014, 6:42pm

wait , people vote No becuase they think A woild be underpowered? Gonna adjust poll for that.
[Aristocrat's Shoes]
TLDR -
Teamwork is where players function by themselves, but their effectiveness is multiplied when they work together. Not a checklist of "did we bring a healer so we can start playing?"

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, July 10th 2014, 6:44pm

another option added to poll, votes can be changed.
[Aristocrat's Shoes]
TLDR -