Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

• "advancedghost" started this thread

Date of registration
: May 17th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Sunday, May 18th 2014, 12:37pm

Support Class

Good evening/morning,

Support Class. I've been trying to master this class for a long time. Once thing that bothers me, and Im sure has bothered a lot of others, is the attachments.
Fellow Support players, tell me your favourite attachments for each gun, and what guns you recommend on what maps.

Yes I always play in a squad, and supply my team with ammo at all times.

Thanks for your time.

Quoted

Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument. The heated mind resents the chill touch and relentless scrutiny of logic. - William Gladstone

ViperFTW

Suidae cathexis

(2,737)

Date of registration
: Jul 1st 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Sunday, May 18th 2014, 12:45pm

By 'Each Gun' do you mean 'Each LMG' or 'All weapons usable by Support'?

Everybody's Favourite Worthless Support and LMG Fan! :thumbsup:

Song currently stuck in my head is: Red Cold River by Breaking Benjamin!

• "advancedghost" started this thread

Date of registration
: May 17th 2014

Battlelog:

Sunday, May 18th 2014, 1:09pm

My bad, LMGs thanks.

Quoted

Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument. The heated mind resents the chill touch and relentless scrutiny of logic. - William Gladstone

Date of registration
: Nov 22nd 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Sunday, May 18th 2014, 1:18pm

I'm gonna be a cheapo and quote a similar post I made in another thread -
Well, if you're talking about what roles you can play with an LMG, there is one simple answer - any.

AWS+HB+Ergo and you can forget that you're even playing support, because this gun is basically an ACE 23 on steroids - a bit worse accuracy while ADS moving and hipfire in exchange for a massive ammo capacity.

MG4+Suppressor+Stubby is the ultimate backrage pro. Sneak up behind clumps of guys, simply hold down the trigger and point your gun at anything that moves. Repeat the process until everything in sight is either a friendly or dead. 200 bullets and 800 rpm really help too.

M240+Compensator+Bipod for locking down lanes. The damage this gun can dish out at range is incredible, and this setup takes full advantage of it. I like using it with the MP-APS too, as the green light serves as a distraction (often tricking them into thinking its you with a green laser instead of a frickin' device) while the obvious benefits of explosive protection is nice.

RPK-12+HB+Stubby is iirc the most accurate fully automatic gun in the game, so there's that. Then you can always try the QBB for dat hipfire, while still being incredibly accurate at longer ranges.

As other people pointed out, keep in mind - these are NOT the best/perfect setups by any means, just my personal preference. I'd recommend try out all the LMGs, and use whatever gun or setup you feel comfortable with. The above loadouts can be considered starting points, feel free to mix and match the attachments.

As for playing support in general, the most important tip - give out ammo!

Love knows no language. Suppression knows no range.
Top 2% in the world for Suppression Assists :D

ViperFTW

Suidae cathexis

(2,737)

Date of registration
: Jul 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Sunday, May 18th 2014, 1:31pm

What I run 95% of the time is RDS + Magnifier + Flash Suppressor + Bipod. I'm fairly good with fire control and recoil management so I feel confident swapping out a grip for a bipod, what this does is it (in conjunction with the magnifier) allows me to extend my maximum range as I see fit. Sniper on a roof taking pot shots at me? Bipod down, magnifier on, bye bye roof bitch if you see what I mean :D
The flash suppressor is there cos I don't like a naked barrel and don't usually see any reason to use any other attachments (with one or two slight exceptions).

Even though this is what I've got most of the time I'll occasionally put on an ergo/vertical grip or stubby/potato grip if I think I'm gonna be on the move constantly or if its a highly close range map/lane. I may even stick a 3.4x or 4x scope on if I think long range fighting is gonna be a constant thing. The LMGs are great in BF4, you can run pretty much anything on any of them and still make it a totally viable choice :)

I'd recommend try out all the LMGs, and use whatever gun or setup you feel comfortable with. The above loadouts can be considered starting points, feel free to mix and match the attachments.

Yeah definitely! The LMGs in BF4 are all so wonderfully varied that there'll definitely be one that's just right for you :)
I recommend looking at the stats as well, they can make a great starting point in picking a selection of LMGs to try and can also help with thinking of what attachments to use on what.

As for playing support in general, the most important tip - give out ammo!

Its ok dude, he already said he gives out ammo. He's obviously one of the good guys, we don't need to tell him to do what he's already doing :thumbsup:

Everybody's Favourite Worthless Support and LMG Fan! :thumbsup:

Song currently stuck in my head is: Red Cold River by Breaking Benjamin!

Date of registration
: Nov 21st 2013

Battlelog:

Sunday, May 18th 2014, 2:41pm

He's obviously one of the good guys

Lol, ya he is not one of those evil impostor support players... Pretty much what everyone else said take a look at the stats and try to find something that matches your play style. I linked another forum with an LMG poll to give you an idea of the 'best'/popular guns. To throw my two cents in I like the M249 (Comp, Stubby, Laser, Coyote), M240B (FH, Bipod, Magnifer, Coyote) and AWS [until they bring back the M27 IAR #DICEPLZ] (FH, Stubby, Laser, Coyote). I like the M249 more than the MG4 because I tap fire a lot and the lesser vertical recoil is nice. M240B hits hard and is a laser beam when bipoded. The AWS is pretty good with its snappy reload, decent accuracy and ROF, however I would prefer the M27 IAR back.

LMG Poll
"As I walk through the valley of the Shadow Of Death, I have no fear because I am the meanest mother ****er in the whole valley"
- Gen. George S. Patton

Date of registration
: May 1st 2014

Battlelog:

Sunday, May 18th 2014, 2:48pm

well i'm using the AWS with stubby grip+muzzle brake and had quite some good rounds with it 120kills/59 death , i also play only in squad and give ammo to everybody i see

Date of registration
: Mar 18th 2014

Battlelog:

Sunday, May 18th 2014, 5:50pm

Funny story, yesterday I pulled off a flank with a silenced MG4 on locker. I singlehandedly cleared the entire top of C flag. 12 kill streak.

In any case, some attachment issues are actually playstyle issues. For instance, do you strafe while shooting, or attempt to hipfire people? If you do, I would recommend the MG4 laser/suppressor/ergo. However, since you shouldn't be strafing or hip firing with an LMG, a more rounded setup is magnifier/stubby/comp or silencer. AFG is better on the 34/25 damage model LMGs, just because you need to tapfire them. On guns like the AWS or MG4, use the stubby.

I'd like to go on record by saying I like you already :)

*Activates Jedi Mind Powers*

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2013

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Sunday, May 18th 2014, 9:56pm

M60-e-4... Cuz when you shred someone. With they'll be looking at their controller scratching their heads going what the? I don't have much unlocked for it yet but when I do...look out maps

Date of registration
: Apr 16th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Monday, May 19th 2014, 7:21pm

My tips are only for hardcore mode.
1.map with tanks
-mg4, flash hider, potato grip,
-c4
-UCAV
2. Map without tanks
-the same setup with mg4
-ammo box
-UCAV

Mg4 - pure killing machine
UCAV - pure killing and trolling machine😊
JOIN MY PLATOON - GROM TEAM (we use AN-94)